Chapter 57

"You Lost Now You're Mine"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As Jimin ran, his mind kept replaying the woman’s words. ‘... you’re definitely his son… you’re…. you’re doing exactly what he does… speaking exactly the way he would.’ He couldn’t stop hearing those words playing over and over in his head as he ran aimlessly. He just needed to get away from this place. He needed to be anywhere but here.

Jimin just couldn’t wrap his mind around what he’d done. First, he’d reluctantly accepted that gun from Lily. Then he’d shot that woman with it and almost caused her death. Then he’d tried to manipulate and hurt her with words. That last part bothered him the most. He’d never done that, never read someone to hurt them, it had always been to help. The woman was right, what he’d done with his words was what Myung would have done. To see that he could be similar to his father in any way bothered him. It didn’t sit well with him, it made him sick to the stomach. Everything about today had made him sick.

Out of breath, Jimin came to a halt and looked around at his surroundings. Where was he? Jimin felt like he should have found the exit by now, but strangely he hadn’t come across any doors that looked like they would lead outside. Groaning, Jimin began walking again looking more closely for any signs of an exit.

After a couple turns Jimin saw a door in front of him with the word EXIT written above it. He ran towards it, happy to have found it, but as he got to the door he suddenly heard an explosion go off. The noise nearly causing him to go deaf and the shock of it sending him falling to the ground. He landed on his side, his arms taking most of the impact. He winced as a sharp pain ran through his right arm. Ignoring it, he got back on his feet, feeling his head spin as he managed to grab a hold of the door and swing it open. He saw a large parking lot in front of him that was devoid of any cars at the moment. There was a large forest of trees behind it and Jimin could see that it was probably sunset from how low the sun was in the sky. As he stepped out of the door, another explosion went off somewhere and again it felt like the ground was shaking and Jimin nearly fell again but managed to stay upright thanks to his grip on the doorknob.

His ears were ringing now and his head felt like it was going to burst from how painful the high-frequency sound in his ears was. Jimin pushed himself away from the door and ran towards the forest. He glanced back only once to see smoke coming from the east side of the building. As he was looking back he heard yet another explosion though this one didn’t make his ears ring like the last one had. When the explosion went off Jimin witnessed a the west side of the building became engulfed in flames. Jimin wondered what was happening and worried that all those explosions were going to result in a lot of casualties. As he observed the building from the relative safety of the trees he soon saw a swarm of people enter the building from all sides, most wearing bulletproof vests.

Watching them enter the building and seeing their uniform Jimin realized that this must be people from the military. This might have been part of Operation Bluebell. Jimin was suddenly startled by a voice coming from behind him.

“So you made it out,” Myung said from beside him. Jimin jumped and turned towards his father a surprised look on his face.

“H-how did you-” Jimin began but Myung lifted his hand indicating to Jimin to shut up.

“How did I get out? I know this building inside and out. There wasn’t even a chance of me being caught in there… can’t say the same for my men though,” Myung answered with a sigh and then groaned holding his arm. It was then Jimin noticed the blood running along Myung’s arm, seeping into his shirt and staining the blue material a dark red almost black.

“That looks like a bad wound,” Jimin commented.

“Nothing that can’t be treated once we reach safety. Speaking of which, since I found you it saves me the trouble of having to look for you again. Now come along Jimin, we’ve got to leave before those stupid agents start searching the forest.” Myung said as he pulled out a gun from the waistband of his pants and pointed it at Jimin.

Frowning, Jimin shook his head and raised his own gun at Myung. “I’m not following you anymore. You won’t dare shoot me to kill me, but I might shoot to kill you.”

Myung scoffed, “You wouldn’t.”

“I already shot your lover.”

“Lover?”

“Ah, it really was one-sided… poor girl” Jimin muttered feeling guilt well up inside him again at the memory of her, but he pushed the thoughts and feelings down, he could not dwell on them now.

“What nonsense are you sprouting?” Myung scrawled then grabbed a hold of Jimin’s wrist before he could act. However, Myung was unable to pull the gun out of Jimin’s hands. Jimin kept his grip tight as he struggled to shove Myung away. Failing to do so quickly, he grew panicked since he knew Myung was a better fighter than himself. Jimin stepped forward and headbutted Myung before the elder could react. Myung immediately lets go of Jimin, dropped his gun, and one of his hands went to clutch at his nose which was now bleeding. Jimin hadn’t held back in his attack so he wasn’t surprised to see blood dripping from Myung’s nose. Jimin lunged forward and kicked the gun far away from them leaving Myung defenseless.

Myung glared at him but it didn’t scare Jimin. Jimin was feeling bold and for some reason, angry, more so then scared. He straightened his posture and aimed his gun at Myung’s head.

“Your arm really hindering you right now so I have the upper hand it seems. So here’s how this is going to go. I’m not going with you. Instead, you’re going to come with me so I can hand you over to the police. But before I do that, you’re going to answer some questions for me,” Jimin demanded while applying a little pressure to the trigger when he saw Myung move. Myung immediately stilled when he saw Jimin move his hand on the trigger. He sighed before tilting his head to the side slightly and asking, “What questions?”

“I want to know why you’re after me. The real reason, not some bull excuse about rules in your stupid mafia,” Jimin stated.

Myung pursed his lips, righting his posture to become straighter and tenser. “That was the real reason. For me to have more influence in the mafia, I need someone with a blood connection to me. Without someone like that, I can’t gain any more influence.”

“That isn’t it! I can tell you’re not being honest with me! You’re hiding something!” Jimin yelled angrily.

“What do you want me to say Jimin?” Myung asked with a sigh.

“The truth.”

“That was the truth.”

“It wasn’t the whole truth,” Jimin insisted.

“You wouldn’t believe the whole truth.”

“Try me.”

There was a moment of silence before Myung finally spoke, “The truth is… I k

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter