Chapter 39

"You Lost Now You're Mine"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Jimin woke up the next morning rather late at around nine, Jungkook was already gone. He rubbed his eyes tiredly wondering if the younger had gone to work or was still at home. Jimin got out of bed and stretched before heading towards the bathroom to freshen up. He recalled that he had a date with Jungkook that afternoon, so he decided to check up on Mrs. Jeon. After all, he hadn’t gotten the chance to talk to her ever since she started talking yesterday.

After brushing his teeth and taking a quick shower he went downstairs for breakfast. After eating he went upstairs and knocked on Mrs. Jeon’s door and waited for a reply. He didn’t get one, instead, Mrs. Jeon opened the door herself and nodded at him to come in.

“Good morning Mrs. Jeon.” Jimin greeted her, wondering where Taehyung was since he was usually there at around this time.

“...Morning..” Mrs. Jeon said before taking a seat and motioning for Jimin to sit in front of her in the other empty seat which Jimin did.

“I’m glad to hear that you’re speaking.” Jimin decided to start off with, gauging her to see if she was willing to start a conversation with him, but all she did was nod.

“You’re still not comfortable with speaking?” Jimin asked but he knew she wasn’t.

“No...not...used to….it.” Mrs. Jeon answered, shaking her head.

“I suppose that’s to be expected, it has been years since you last spoke. It feels weird for your to use your voice then?” Jimin asked and she nodded.

“I understand, but if you don’t mind, I’d like to ask you some questions that won’t be yes or no questions, so I’d need you to answer them if you can?” Jimin requested.

“...first...how...do you... feel?” Mrs. Jeon asked.

“I’m doing much better than yesterday, thanks for asking,” Jimin replied with a reassuring smile.

“You...remember….everything?” Mrs. Jeon continued to question.

“Yea...everything that I forgot,” Jimin replied with a nod, his smile slightly wavering.

“Have...you...talked...to your...aunt?”

“Not yet...I’m waiting for her to return from her vacation first.”

“...how long?”

“About a month more. She’ll be back on the 2nd of next month.”

“Ok…” Mrs. Jeon said. They both sat in silence for a few moments before Jimin began talking again.

“So Mrs. Jeon, could I ask my questions now?” Jimin asked and Mrs. Jeon nodded.

“Hmm..let’s begin with the fact that you’re talking now. I know you said it feels weird to talk right? But how else do you feel about it? Does it cause you fear like it did in the past or some other emotion?” Jimin asked.

“No...I’m no longer...afraid...it feels...uplifting...but...unreal.” she replied.

“Unreal? In what way?” Jimin continued.

“...not sure..just does” was all Mrs. Jeon said.

“Ok...so lately you’ve been avoiding any questions about the past, I’m assuming you still aren’t comfortable talking about it right? Even though you overcame it enough to start talking, you don’t want to think about it...but would you try? I know it doesn’t seem like a good idea, but revisiting the past and talking about it may help you tremendously especially now that you are actually talking again.”

“...what..about it...do I need to...talk about?” she asked.

“Maybe start with how you feel about it? Since I could only ever ask yes or no questions, I was never able to properly ask you what your feelings were regarding it. I know it caused you great fear but what else? How often do you remember it?”

“I…” Mrs. Jeon paused taking in a deep breath before shaking her head.

“Please, Mrs. Jeon? Talking helps believe me. You don’t need to tell me what happened, but your feelings, I need you to tell me how you felt back then and how you feel now.”

“You...haven’t talked...to anyone.” Mrs. Jeon said referring to Jimin’s own recently recovered memories.

“I did. Not to my aunt, but to your son, to Jungkook.” Jimin responded.

“...you told him...everything you...remembered?”

“Yes. I told him what I remembered and how I felt about it all. It helped me tremendously. If I hadn’t talked to him I think I wouldn’t be here talking with you right now. I’d probably be cooped up in my room thinking about it all by myself instead...would you like to talk to him about this rather than with me? Or maybe with your husband? Anyone is fine, as long as you express yourself and let them know how you feel.”

“I...don’t want to...talk to them...I’ll...talk with you.”

“Ok,” Jimin said and he placed a hand on top of Mrs. Jeon’s hand and patted it softly as he continued, “Remember you are safe now, whoever hurt you in the past isn’t here. You are in your room right now, not where ever your mind takes you when you remember the past. And if it gets too much then tell me, I’m here for you Mrs. Jeon.”  

Mrs. Jeon nodded and so Jimin began to take his hand back, but she grabbed a hold of it and didn’t let go, so Jimin let it be and kept his hand there, for her to hold.

“...the past...it’s more vivid...than the present...I...I remember more about it...then I do about...things I did...yesterday.” Mrs. Jeon began and Jimin squeezed her hand to reassure her he was listening though he remained silent.

“I..don’t remember...it..all the time...or anything...but… more often than I’d like...I have nightmares about it...I’d wake up...and feel like screaming...but couldn’t...because I feared...they were here....it always feels...so real. The...life...I’m living...now...it...doesn’t feel real...sometimes...it’s like...I’m looking at...a movie...like I’m not...even in my...own body.” Mrs. Jeon paused and Jimin was tempted to ask some follow-up questions but decided to let her finish first.

“..they hurt me...really badly...they beat me...so much...my unborn child...is dead...I never got to...meet her...I was...having a girl...I was so...excited...but...they killed her. I...stopped talking...because they killed...her...they threatened to...if I didn’t keep quiet...and I tried to..but I wasn’t quiet enough...so they beat me...till she died. It..was my fault...if only I’d...been quieter.” Mrs. Jeon began to cry. Jimin immediately stood up and began comforting her.

“It isn’t your fault Mrs. Jeon. You can’t blame yourself for that. It was on them, the people who did it. It was thei

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter