Match [ChanBaek]

EXO one-shots

‘Baekhyun, Oh Sehun fell sick. You have to take over for him today ok?’ Baekhyun’s boss says as he quickly pops his head around the door of Baekhyun’s office.

‘Of course, just send me his schedule,’ Baekhyun says with a smile. The door closes again and his smile drops. Today was supposed to be his day off, but he got called into work and now he knows why. Oh Sehun isn’t ill, Baekhyun knows that much. It had been going around the office for days how Sehun was going to be matching one of the most powerful men in Korea and now Baekhyun has to do it.

Baekhyun stares at a wall in his grim office. It’s not that he doesn’t want to. In fact, he thinks it’s a great honor. It’s just that there’s so much pressure behind it. A wrong match could put the company out of business.

Baekhyun checks his email and sees Sehun’s schedule already here. Mr. Park is supposed to be here in… minus five minutes. Baekhyun’s heart stops for a second before he starts sprinting downstairs to get Mr. Park from the waiting lounge. His heart is beating like crazy and he can’t stop panting when he gets to the lounge. He takes a few seconds to regain his posture and goes in.

And there he is. Park Chanyeol in all his glory. Dressed in a grey suit, black dress shoes, and a black coat hanging from his shoulders.

Chanyeol looks up from his phone when he hears the door to the waiting room close and locks eyes with the young looking man that just came in. He looks nervous and a bit scared. And he’s also pretty cute? Chanyeol shakes off those thoughts and gets up, showing the man a sweet smile. Baekhyun can’t help but notice how gracefully the tall man moves.

‘You must be Oh Sehun right?’ he asks as he walks over.

‘Oh, no, ehm,’ Baekhyun stutters, ‘I am Byun Baekhyun. Oh Sehun is ill.’ Baekhyun hates his boss for not telling their client about the change. He could cry. It only makes this so much more difficult. Chanyeol simply nods, not even looking the slightest bit disappointed because of the change.

‘That’s alright. I’m guessing you’re just as good considering you are taking over for him,’ Chanyeol says. His smile changing into a slyer one. Baekhyun feels his cheeks heat up a bit.

‘I hope so,’ Baekhyun jokes, but it comes out as desperate and scared. He tries to laugh it away, but he simply can’t. Chanyeol laughs quietly behind his hand at the adorableness of the younger man and puts his hand on Baekhyun’s shoulder when he’s regained his posture.

‘Well shall we?’ he asks. Baekhyun nods and makes Chanyeol follow him to his office. The two sit down on either sides of the desk before Baekhyun starts up the program that is used for matching.

‘I have to ask your reason for coming here,’ Baekhyun says a bit anxiously. Chanyeol shifts a bit in his seat and scrapes his throat before speaking.

‘I am awfully lonely,’ he says, ‘you could say I am quite desperate for affection.’ Baekhyun nods and types every single word Chanyeol speaks. Chanyeol’s eyes are fixed on Baekhyun. Adoringly watching how his long, slender fingers move swiftly over the keyboard, how he bites his lip a little while focussing, watching the way his eyes glide over the typed words on his screen. With the air clearing up and getting a bit more professional, the both of them get more comfortable.

‘Gender preference?’

‘No preference.’

‘Age preference?’

‘Either max four years younger or four years older.’

‘Long term or short term?’

‘Long term.’

‘Okay, those are the basic questions out of the way,’ Baekhyun says, ‘Now what do you like in a person Mr. Park? Perhaps I have someone to match you with.’ Chanyeol leans forward in his chair, locking eyes with Baekhyun who nervously shifts in his chair. The tension’s back, but it’s a different kind of tension. It’s not awkwardness, it’s… lust.

‘How about you?’