Twenty Four

EXO one-shots

y/n = Your name
y/l/n = Your last name
y/f/n = Your friend's name.

 


 

Behind the bar you let an icecube fall into a glass of whiskey before putting it on a tray.
There are nine glasses on the trey, there are nine people in the big room. EXO. They called a few weeks before to tell that they were coming, so the staff was prepared, but you never knew you'd be working until so late because of them. Normally you'd be done around eleven pm at the latest, but right now it's already one am and there is sign of the group leaving soon. Considering you are the most experienced out of the people (and the only one that speaks Korean out of the whole staff) that was working today, you were left on your own with the nine men. You told the other staff to leave yourself, because there wasn't anything to do for them anymore. All you have to do is check up on them a few times and kick them out at two at the latest like your boss told you to. If they don't cooporate, a few of your friends are in the city working at several cafes. They know bouncers and those bouncers know you. They've helped you kick people out before.
You put the tray on your hand and starts walking. At your first few steps the tray starts to wobble a bit and you get a small adrenaline rush while you try to balance it. Luckily, it works out, otherwise you'd have to make nine drinks again, AND you'd have to clean up broken glass which is not really one of your hobbies.
Now there is one last obstacle.
The big room is upstairs, meaning you have to walk upstairs with your tray. Yes, there is a bar upstairs, but these man were all asking very specific stuff and ain't nobody got time to bring that up and down. Besides, you are not feeling like walking up and down those stairs another ten times. Your legs are already sore as it is.
You end up upstairs with ease, which isn't that surprising considering you've been working at this restaurant for about two years now, and you walk towards the big room. Every step you make, you hear the laughter and chatting getting louder. The very second you step in, you realize it's chaos. Even more than before. Lucky for you, one of the men has noticed you and now stands in front of you, though from the look on his face you can't really judge if it's really lucky for you or not.
'Good evening,' he says in Korean with a friendly smile.You get a bit more confidence in the situation now that you know he's probably friendly. He definitely looks like the pretty boy of the group to you, but than again, they're all pretty boys. Ugh, he just has somethin about him.
'Good evening to you too,' you reply in Korean, still holding the tray that is starting to weigh down on your arm. You had learned Korean because of the culture and the fact that you lived there a few years for your father's work. When this group noticed that you replied to them in fluent Korean they'd been impressed, but now that they'd been here for a few hours they didn't really care anymore. They were just happy you understood them.
'What's your name?' he asks. Honestly, you just really want to give everyone their drinks and be done with it, but you can't just say that into a customer's face. So you play along and try to be friendly.
'Y/n,' you reply.
The man turns around and shouts:'Y/n is here with our drinks!' The room falls silent and everyone looks at you. The man turns to you again and puts on that cute smile again. 'Just call out the drinks.'

With the emty tray under your arm, you leave the big room and go back downstairs to continue cleaning up. That's a thing though, if you do all this cleaing now you won't have to do it tomorrow which means you can come into work later and extra sleep is always appreciated. You broom the floor downstairs and upstairs. When you're done, you check on the group again, but they're still having fun and it's just half past one. They can stay a little longer, but you have to tell the leader of the group that they'll have to leave soon. You hate that. Telling people to leave. You've had to do it a few times in the past, but you'd still have the other employees around to help you close down. Now it'll just be silence broken by the music that you decide to put on.
You check the name on the reservation for the room so you know who to tell the bad news. With a lump in your troth, you walk into the big room once again and speak up.
'Excuse me, is Kim Junmyun here?' A hand raises.
'That's me.' you walk over to him and bow with a smile.
'I'm very sorry, but I'll have to ask you all to leave around two am,' you tell him. You really hate doing this. You can basically see the surprise in his eyes about this small girl telling him to leave. This shorty that has been nice to all of them all night, no matter how bad or dirty their jokes got.
'No problem. I'll make sure we leave at two,' he says with the nicest smile.
'Great, thank you very much,' you say with a smile and start to leave, but suddenly there's a hand on your arm janking you towards someone on your way to the door. You are face to face with the man who helped you get everyone's attenntion before when you were walking around with the tray.
'I am very sorry, but could you please let go of me,' you say as politely as possible, not feeling comfortable with the sudden skin to skin contact as you are wearing a polo with the restaurant logo, leaving your arms exposed, but at the same time you feel slightly aroused under the touch.
'What's your name?' he asks without even caring about what you just asked as his hand is still on your arm. His touch starts to heat up. Your skin starts heating up.
'Y/n, what's yours?' you reply a bit annoyed, but of course you try to hide your annoyance. He doesn't have to know how ually frustrated you are.
'Kim Jongin, but you can call me Kai, how long have you've been working here?' he asks with a sly smile on his face. Why the sudden smalltalk? None of them have tried to talk to you, they'd all been too caught up in their own conversations.
'For two years now,' you tell him, 'but could you please excuse me? I have to continue cleaning up.' He nods, but doesn't let go of your arm..
'Give me your number before you go,' he says. There is somthing intriquing about him. For some reason, you are very tempted to give your number right there and then, but that's no fun. So you tell him:
'You've got to earn it.' His eyebrow raises and he lets go of your arm. You walk away and go downstairs to prepare the last things for tomorrow. Soon you see the group leave and you head over to lock the door. When you're done with that, you go to the empolyees closet and get changed into your own clothes. You really need a drink, so you decide to go back to the bar and get a beer. You are surprised when you see one person of the group sit on one of the barstools. Guess who it is. Kim Jongin.
'You didn't leave with the group?' you ask him without lookign too surprised while you tap two beers, putting one of them in front of him. When the day hits the am, it's not a good time to drink alone.
'No, I still had something to prove,' he replies and take a big chug from his beer.
'You sound quite sure that you will be able to prove it,' you reply a bit suspicious.
'I didn't mean to, but I do have an offer to you.'  You raise an eyebrow to show your surprise. 'You are obviously single and you've been teasing all night with that cute little of yours, so how about a night with no consiquences? Just for one night.'
'What makes you think I am interested?' you ask him cockily.
'Please, I saw how you reacted when I grabbed you.'


'Hey babe,' you say cheerfully to the man on your screen. Kim Jongin.
Yes, it was supposed to be nothing, but it turned into something bigger. And now you're stuck in an endless loop of waking up early, skyping, work, going to bed, setting an alarm in the middle of the night to skype again and then you wake up early again.He has been on your mind 24/7. This has been going on for two months now. But you have a surprise for him. You are in a cab to the EXO dorms. Yes, you are in Korea. Best part about it is that you're there to stay since you managed to get a job and living space there. You've been here for a few days now and today it's finally time to surprise Jongin.
'Hello jagiya. How are you doing?' he asks a little less cheerfully.
'I am doing great, you?'
'Fine. I'm a bit sore from practice.'
'Hey, I was just wondering, did you get my package?' you ask him.
'What package?'
'I send you a package with all the Dutch candies you liked about two weeks ago,' you explain to him.
'No, it didn't get here.' he says a bit confused.
'Hm, I'll have to do something about that. Are you in the dorms today?'
'Ye, we have the day off.'
'Okay, maybe keep an eye on the door. Could be that they can't find your place,' you suggest.
'I guess. Babe, are you in a car?' he asks out of the blue.
'Ye, my friend is driving me to work today.' He raises an eyebrow.
'It should be nighttime where you are,' he says a bit suspicious. Your heart skips a beat. No, he can't know yet. Finally you see the dorms.
'I need to go. Keep an eye out for my package okay?' 
'Sure,' he says a bit flabergasted. You close your phone and quickly get out of the taxi with a box of sweets from the Netherlands. You pay the driver before heading to the front door of the dorms. Your knees are shaking, there's a lump in your troat, but you are excited to be here. Now you just got to hope he's happy as well.
Your shaking hand presses the doorbell and you hear commotion inside. No one feels like opening the door. Finally you hear someone coming down the stairs. The door opens, revealing Byun Baekhyun instead of Kim Jongin. He looks shocked to say the least.
'Jongin, it's for you!' he yells through the house, leaving me on the doorstep as he walks back inside. Footsteps come closer and closer and than he's in front of you. He seems surprised, but happy.
'I thought I'd come bring the package myself if it took so long to get here,' you tell him with a big smile. He takes the package from you and puts it down in the hallway.
'I don't really care for the package anymore,' he tells you and pulls you into a big loving hug. 'Why are you here though?' he asks, still not letting go of you.
'I live here now.' He ends the hug and puts his hands on your cheeks.
'You're never leaving?'
'I'll be here twenty four seven.'
He leans in and gives you a sweet kiss that seems to last forever. And you wouldn't have wanted it any other way.