Reality

He's With Me

When my eyes open, I'm met with a worried expression hovering over mine. I'm back inside the house and currently on a bed in a room I don't recognize.

It must be Jacob's.

He reaches over and gingerly touches my forehead, much softer than I expected from his big hands.

"Are you alright? You out in the tree house."

In the tree house?! How the heck did he bring me back down?

Almost as if he could read my mind, he responded, "I carried you on my back and climbed down."

I can only imagine how heavy I must have been to him. I bite my lip and sit up a little too fast, causing my weight to shift away from Jacob.

He catches me anyway, pulling me against him to lean into his frame. "You really should rest some more." 

I hear him but I don't respond. I need to get out of the house so that I can talk to Kyungsoo.

For some reason he can't come in here. I lightly push Jacob away, and as hard as he is, he moves with ease.

I stand, catching myself on his dresser before balancing once again. My head feels like it's been squashed.

A cup of water is pushed into my face and Jacob looks at me seriously, "Drink."

I sigh and take a sip, maybe it will make him look less worried. "Seriously Jacob, I'll be okay."

The crease between his eyebrows begins to fade, and he takes a deep breath.

"You had me seriously worried Jimin... I really don't know what I'd do if you stopped waking up too." Jacob says, sitting down on his bed.

I rest my hand on his shoulder, it feels calming and warm. "Jacob, you and I are friends now. We're connected by something greater than others. I won't leave you too."

Jacob smiles up at me softly and gratefully. He takes my hand and pulls me down swiftly.

His face is inches from mine and I can feel the heat radiating from his skin. For the first time, I notice how thick his eyelashes are, and how smooth his face appears.

His eyes, a light brown, almost red. Deep and alluring. I've never seen him in this way, I've never admired him like this.

I draw back, but it's too late. I can already feel the heat crawling up my cheeks as his palm holds the small of my back.

He pulls me in once again, his hand, sends tingles down my spine. I haven't been intimately touched by anyone in a long time.

His lips meld into mine softly, he moves against mine naturally. I'm too shocked to respond.

When he's finished, and realizes I'm not reciprocating, he pulls away and chuckles.

"Sorry, I just, well. I guess you know now." He laughs and leans back, resting on his palms.

My face, probably beet red now, is stinging. I turn away from him, and sigh out, slapping my palms onto my face.

"Jacob, I need to go..." I say, letting my hands drop to my sides. All of this commotion with Jacob has made me forget about explaining myself to Kyungsoo.

In an instant he is behind me, his voice worried, "Hey, I'm sorry about kissing you. I shouldn't have done that right after you woke up."

I shake my head without looking at him, "I'd like to get back to the dorms now."

 

The ride was relatively quiet, with a few small conversations. We are now back at the dorms and he opens the car door for me.

He walks by my side the entire time until I reach my room. He leans against the door frame as I go in, a mix of worry and guilt playing on his face.

I smile at him gently and begin to close the door. His palm, no longer gentle, stops the it from closing.

He smiles sheepishly and looks down at the floor, "I hope you had a good time. I'll see you tomorrow."

He lets the door shut as he turns to leave. 

"So, he's acting different."  I jump to the sound of Kyungsoo's voice, it's almost been too long.

The back of his cold hand brushes my cheek as he looks at me with a saddened look. His touch is different from Jacob's, cool and calming.

"I caused you to faint, didn't I? I was yelling too hard?"  He says, his eyes looking down at the floor.

I pull him over to one of our chairs to have him sit/float on top of it. "I need to talk to you."

This time he looks up at me with stunningly beautiful eyes, almost transparent again. My heart feels as if it's ramming against my chest this time. He is looking up at me so innocently, really like an angel.

My angel.

But if I tell him, there's a chance he won't be mine anymore. His soft voice, touch, and the spectrum of every emotion I've seen, will no longer be mine.

I shake my head and take a deep breath. I could never be so selfish.

"I've discovered more, Kyungsoo. About... what happened to you and your watch."

He smiles and nods, expectantly waiting for my details.

"You..." I smile in between the pause, "You're alive Kyungsoo."

His face becomes frozen into an expression of shock, his image starts to fade in and out. He looks dazed, maybe it's coming back to him.

When he looks back over at me, he looks at me strangely and begins to float away from me. 

He fazes through the door so I follow him out and down the hallway. Turning the corner, I see him faze through another door.

It's Jacob's, and upon closer examination, his door is cracked open. I peek through and see him at his desk writing something.

I chuckle quietly, again, he looks too big for everything. He stops writing and adjusts his hat before continuing.

As I look from another angle, I see Kyungsoo peering at his brother from a good distance.

He starts to float over and analyze him closer. He looks astounded and a bit sad. I'm sure he regrets all of the things he said about him.

Kyungsoo dissolves into the air as Jacob turns around and stuffs the piece of paper into an envelope before heading for the door.

I bolt out and head around the corner and back into my room before he can see me.

A knock sounds on the outside of my door and an envelope slips out from underneath it.

So he was writing to me. I pick it up and move back to my desk. I put the letter down as a cool wind pushes against my back.

I turn and see Kyungsoo, his expression unreadable.

"I can't believe I didn't remember my own brother. And my mother. And my... " He trails off.

"Your girlfriend." I finish for him, turning my back to him again. I don't want him to see my expression. He'd pity me.

For some reason, I wanted him all to myself. But how? Not when he already has someone special, who continues to visit him every day.

Someone that unselfish and faithful deserves to have him. After all, I kissed someone else today.

Or he kissed me. Whatever, I still shared a kiss with someone else.

I feel the heat begin to rise to my cheeks as I look back down at Jacob's letter. I wonder what it could say?

"Sorry."  I hear Kyungsoo say from behind me. What does that even mean? Sorry I made it seem like I was interested, but I have a girlfriend? This is all too much for me.

"For?" I say, keeping my eyes on the letter. I'm afraid that if I meet his gaze I might cry.

He is next to me now, a cold hand on my shoulder. It is soothing once again, but I won't be fooled. He has someone special.

"I'm still your guardian angel. And I will be until I wake. For now it is like a pleasant dream."  He says, leaning down to be eye level with me. "And after, I guarantee, I will still need you."

 I can feel my eyes b with tears. The reality of it all stung. We know where his watch is, we're almost certain that if he gets it back he'll be satisfied, and then he'll wake.

And then he won't be my angel. He won't be mine. Period.

I'm angry for how selfish I can be, but also angry at the situation. I'm special to Kyungsoo, I am the only one who can see him, hear him, and feel him.

That means we're meant to be connected in some ways, right? It just hurts too much to think about him with anyone else.

A hand brings my face to his direction and he rests his forehead gently against mine.

"You will always be someone special to me, but, I think that Jacob is a better match for you than me." He says softly, brushing down the back of my hair.

I knew I wasn't good enough. That even after he woke up, this dream would never become a reality.

I never realized just how much Kyungsoo meant to me, until I slowly started seeing the opportunity with him slip away.

I wanted to cry, but something held me back.

Maybe it was me trying not to be selfish.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry this took so long! I hope you all are enjoying this story. Don't forget to upvote, comment and subscribe! See you in the next chapter!