New Encounter

He's With Me

"There, how does that look, Soo?" I ask, gesturing towards my side of the room. 

He smiles his half smile and tries to adjust and straighten my dream board, only to have his hand faze through it. 

He frowns again and floats back to my side, "It's a little crooked.." he says. 

I fix it and look at him for approval. 

He gives me a thumbs up. 

I continue unpacking my stuff and placing it around the room while when I notice his expression. 

He's looking at his side of the room with that, once again, far off look. 

I wonder how he used to keep his room. Messy? Tidy? Barren? 

"Um, Soo?" I touch his shoulder lightly. He turns to me and smiles again, "Yes?" 

"Why don't you come with me to the store down the street? I forgot to bring my towels." 

This is a lie, I didn't forget. I just want to take him out and buy him something. Something to fix that frown.

He nods, "After all, you're going to need your guardian angel." He says, his grin now wider than ever. 

"Guardian angel?" I ask, raising my brow. 

He nods, "Yes, you're the only one I can touch, and be heard by. We must be connected for a reason." 

I laugh a little bit. If he wants to assume the position as guardian, then so be it. If that keeps him from frowning, I'll go along with it. 

He bites his plump bottom lip and floats back up to his bed, "But I've never been off of school grounds, you know... like this." 

"That's why you have me. You can hold onto me, you are going to stay by my side." I say, slowly realizing how cheesy it sounds. 

But he seems to like it, because he floats back down and slips his hand into mine. 

"Yes, so I can protect you." 

"Sure, Soo, sure." 

 

 

As it turns out, nothing happens when Kyungsoo leaves the school campus. Even so, he still holds onto my hand. 

The two of us make our way across the street and into a shopping center. I head into a bedroom and bathroom store, pulling Soo along with me. 

I grab a cart and push it through the store, picking up some dish towels and rags for cleaning. 

I notice him start to drift away into the bedding area. He seems to be distracted by the freshmen college deals.

I follow him and see the bedding set he's looking at. Its just a standard blue and white plaid bed set. 

I pick up the set and place it into my basket. He seems to snap out of his day dream and he looks at me questioningly. 

I just shrug and keep moving along. 

Any thing I see him transfixed about, I plop in the basket. Now he has bath towels, a cork board, a white board, and a few super hero posters. 

It's kind of cute to see what he was into... when he was alive. I wonder if we would have gotten along then. 

I look at him and see how happy he is with the little things that I bought him. I think that we probably would have been best friends. 

We are already so close now, but, how can a ghost be your best friend? What if he isn't really here and i'm just crazy? 

I shake the thought out of my head and make my way towards the cash register. I don't even make note of how much I spend, it's for a good cause. 

 

 

We had to take a taxi to get back home. I didn't realize that it was too much for me to carry, and Kyungsoo couldn't be of much help. 

His room is all set up now, just the way he had it when he was alive. 

It's hard for me to think about him being in here for seven years, in this cold, empty room, without anyone to talk to. 

I turn and smile at him, "Do you like your side? You know I can get in trouble for this, right?" 

The housing rules state that I have to leave the other side empty in case someone wants to move in. But it doesn't really apply to me. 

He swiftly moves over to me and wraps his arms around me. Again, it feels like my body is being plunged into an ice bath. 

But, i'm not uncomfortable, it's soothing. He is smiling still when he pulls away. 

There's no way I can see him with any other expression. He is the most beautiful when he is happy. 

Wait. Jimin. He's a ghost. He's only here to have you find his pocket watch. And he's your 'angel'. 

You aren't worthy enough for an angel. 

 

 

A shouting through a megaphone outside of my window signals for all of the incoming freshmen to come down. 

Normally I wouldn't partake in such things, but they are offering free stuff. And free is a word I can't resist.

Kyungsoo follows me of course, and stays by my side as one of the RAs gives us instructions to arrange ourselves into groups. 

My group is my floor, six of course. 

We go back up to the living room on our floor and have our first meeting. The RA prepared a beach ball to pass around as a way to make people introduce themselves. 

The ball is eventually passed to me, and I introduce myself. 

"Do Jimin, 18, Music Major. Fun Fact? Uh, I believe in ghosts." I say, smiling at everyone. Maybe that will get them to leave me alone. 

"You're that one that signed up to live in room thirteen, right?" A boy with a stocky build and a smile too bright for my 'oh so sensitive' eyes. He has very prominent features with a strong jaw line. He's average height, but pretty built up. And that grin, oh that grin. 

Yeah he's kind of cute. 

"Uh, yeah." I say, "Why?" 

"Rad, girls with guts are cool." He says, leaning back in his chair and adjusting his baseball cap. 

I pass the ball to him and he introduces himself, "I'm Kwon Jacob, 19, Sociology Major. Fun Fact: I can kick anyone's at FPS games."

No way. I could kick his any day, but we'll talk about that later. I realize I've been smirking at him and he smirks back. 

I can feel the tension, I want to challenge him right now. 

Something cold touches my hand and captures my attention. It's Kyungsoo and he's sitting down next to me. 

He's glaring at Jacob and squeezing me tighter. A ball is passed to someone else and they begin to introduce themselves, but I'm more worried about Kyungsoo. 

"I don't like him." He says, "He gives me a bad vibe. Why is he looking at you like that? Creep." He says with a frown. 

I quietly chuckle, is he getting jealous? 

Suddenly, a ball whizzes past my face and straight into Kyungsoo's head. 

He immediately dissolves from the point of contact into nothingness. I face the culprit and snap at them, "Watch where you're throwing that! You could have hit me!" I say, more upset about it hitting Soo. 

Everyone jumps in surprise at my anger, it wasn't really that close to me. 

"Rawr." Jacob says from the other side of the room. "She's feisty too." 

 

 

The meeting is finally over. I'm pretty sure I scared everyone off by the little scene I made, but that's okay. 

Jacob pokes my shoulder, and I know it's him because it's more of a jab. 

I whip around and cross my arms, "What?" 

He puts his hands up as if I'm arresting him and he smirks at me again. "I saw how your ears perked up at my fun fact." 

I shrug, "What of it?" 

"You wanna play? One 'v' One. I win, you go on a date with me." He says nodding, satisfied.

"Don't do it." I hear a soft voice say in my ear. Kyungsoo doesn't understand yet. 

"I don't think you know what I'm capable of. I'll sweep the floor with you, you won't be able to call it a fair fight."  I say, talking to both of them in a way. 

"Deal then." He says, adjusting his cap one more time and nodding before he jogs off down the hall. 

 

 

"I don't want you going on a date with him." Kyungsoo says, the moment I enter the room. 

I sigh and sit at my desk, starting up my computer. "It's going to be okay, I never lose." 

"I just don't like the idea of you being alone with him... He seems slimy." 

I swivel around in my chair, "We won't be alone. After all, I have my guardian angel to look after me and protect me, right?" 

Kyungsoo's frown turns into a small smile and my heart melts a little. 

I kind of like it when he's a little jealous. 

I turn back to my PC and put on my headset. 

Time to practice. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: As always, I hope you've enjoyed this chapter and that you leave lots of comments for me to read! Thank you so much!