Move in Day

He's With Me

Jesus.

This campus is absolutely huge. Moving to a University in America maybe wasn't the best idea. 

I prefer South Korea, can I go back now? 

This is just the on campus housing as well, not even the whole school. Much bigger than the pictures. 

As I walk through the gates I notice how tall the buildings are, it's like a hotel. My building is building 6, but all the buildings I see have names instead. 

I pull out a map from my bag and examine it closely, ah, building 6 has a name. Fern. 

Gross, might as well have named it shrub. 

I pull along my suitcase and try to imagine myself living here. Dad always encouraged that I "find the positives".

The buildings are tall but there are some nice trees that bring shade to a few benches, so I guess I could enjoy being here. 

The pool is a decent size and there is a game room with a cafe attached. I'm really just worried about the food. 

Take a deep breath. Positives. 

I enter the elevator and am greeted by another person trying to exit it. We exchange those awkward "excuse me"s and "you go first"s. 

Eventually I make it up to the 6th floor and slide my key card in, unlocking the door to the halls. 

I have my key card and information around my neck, as mandated by the housing directors. 

I look down at my tag and check for the room number. Right, thirteen. 

And no roommate! That's a plus, no extra human interaction during the day. Positive. 

I slide my key card in and examine the room. It's empty of course. Just two beds and desks. 

There are also a couple of drawers for clothing on each side, I don't even think I'm going to use all of my drawers. 

I set my suitcase down and sit on my bed. I try to imagine what the room would look like as my  room. 

String lights, a cute calendar, dream board, and a few pictures would complete the place. 

Of course I can't forget my guilty pleasure, my gaming desktop. 

There's one thing that I love doing more than anything else, playing video games. 

First person shooters are my thing, but I also love building and creating. 

A knock on the door interrupts my day dream. I hop off the bed and open the door. 

My guitar; the movers brought my acoustic. Finally. 

"Thank you so much." I say as I bring it inside. The hard shell case is kind of big for this room. 

"Wait miss, there's more to bring in. Should we help you bring them in?" He asks, looking back out to towards the hall. 

"Uh, yeah sure." I say, nodding and propping the door open with the door stopper. 

They bring in a few large items like a mini fridge and microwave. Also a box with the words, "bedding" written on it in large black sharpie. Thanks mom.

When everything finally makes its way in, I sigh and look at all of my . It really is just... .

My stomach starts to grumble and I haven't gone to the store yet. Welp.

I grab my phone and jam it into my back pocket before heading downstairs. 

 

When I exit the elevator I'm greeted by a swarm of other students that are just now moving in.

So glad I decided to move in early and escape all this... trauma.

Oh, I haven't mentioned yet, have I? I'm a bit of an antisocial. I've never had many friends and always tended to prefer to be on my own.

I take long strides towards the housing mini mart; I don't want to be hassled and I'm super hungry.

Someone's icy hand grabs me by the arm, (of course) and whirls me around.

To my surprise, when I turn around there isn't anyone there. I rub my arm in confusion, someone just definitely touched me.

I try to ignore it and continue on my way to the store. 

"Hey!"  Something grabs me by the collar this time and yanks me back wards.

"Okay if you don't-- " I say whirling around with my fist cocked back, only to notice there isn't anyone there again.

What. The. Hell.

I shake my head and turn around again, this time I bump into someone.

"Ugh, sorry." I say looking up at him, "I must be losing my..."

As I examine him closer I see that he is looking at me with big eyes and full lips. He isn't too much taller than me, and he's pretty thin from what I can see.

Then why did it hurt so much when I bumped into him? It felt like bumping into rock.

I realize I've maybe been looking at him for too long and snap out of it. I shake my head and apologize again before walking off.

After a few steps, a body appears in front of me startling me.

"What- How-"

"You can see me." He says in a soft voice, staring directly into my eyes.

He's kind of making me uncomfortable.  

"Um yeah? So?" I say with a quizzical expression, crossing my arms.

He moves closer to me and holds my hand, "I need your help. Please. We have to find my pocket watch."

His hands encase mine and make me feel like I'm submerging them in ice water. Its cold, but also mesmerizing.

I look around and notice other people staring at us, so I pull my hands away.

"Where did you leave it last?" I say, stuffing my hands into my jacket pocket.

He looks over at something behind me so I follow his gaze, but when I look back, he's gone.

 

 

The trip to the store was a success, I got every thing I needed.

I exit the elevator and grant myself access to the floor before heading into my room.

My grocery bags hit the floor when I see someone swinging their dangling legs from on top of the other bed.

It's the boy from earlier. He doesn't have a key, how did he get in here?

He gracefully hops down, more like floats down, off the bed.

"How did you--"

"It's been seven years." He interrupts me, "Since anyone has been able to see or hear me."

He continues, "I've been rather lonely, and stuck  here since that night."

Seven years? He appears to be about the same age as me; does he mean his family has been ignoring him?

"I can't leave until I find my pocket watch, my father gave it to me." He says, his tone and mood flattening when he mentions his father.

I take a deep breath, "Listen, I want to help you, but you have to tell me how you got in here. I'm the only one who should have a key to this room."

The boy swiftly moves past me and sticks his hand out to touch the door. He places his finger on the wood and slowly pushes it through, as if the door is made out of watery material.

Okay, I really must be going crazy now. He completely fazes through the door and I think I'm about to lose it.

Aliens. That's the only explanation.

He comes back in and I can't help but shout, "ALIEN! YOU'RE AN ALIEN!"

He slightly smiles and lets out a little chuckle, "You're kind of funny."

Oh god he's too cute. No. Don't fall for it. He's an Alien, Jimin. 

"I'm a ghost." He says, interrupting my thoughts. "I've been one for seven years now."

I start to laugh and slow down when I realize he's serious.

"Ghosts aren't real. You are definitely an alien." I say, nodding my head.

He laughs a little and floats up onto the other bed, kicking his feet back and forth again.

"I wish," he says, "Then people could hear me."

I frown and sit opposite from him on top of my bed, "What's so good about talking to people anyway? They never have anything nice to say."

He looks up at the ceiling, "Well, I had a lot of friends when I was alive. I was in drama and an a capella group. I loved people."

He has that far off look in his eyes again, as if he is reliving the happy times.

He snaps out of it and looks at me again, "I'm sorry, I never told you my name. It's Kyung Soo. But you can call me Soo."

I smile and extend my hand, "My name is Ji Min, but my close friends just call me Min."

He floats over and grasps my hand, slowly moving it up and down. His hands are cold again, and its almost as if they paralyze me.

His eyes turn from brown to a light, almost transparent, blue. Its as if I can see through him. Well, I actually can.

He pulls away and gives me another one of his half smiles with sad eyes.

For some reason, I want to help him. I don't like seeing him so sad. "Well, where do we start?" 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Hello! Welcome to my story! I hope that you enjoy it! Feel free to leave any comments and to upvote this story if you'd like to read more!