How To Tell You

He's With Me

Kyungsoo is alive. There is hope for him. For us. We could have a future after he wakes up. We could be real, tangible  friends.

What am I supposed to do? I need to leave.

I set my iced tea down and stand up. I need to tell Kyungsoo. But why doesn't he remember his own brother?

Will he believe me?

"Jimin, it's okay sit down." I hear Jacob say as he looks up at me worriedly. He pats down on one part of the sofa.

"No, Jacob, you don't understand." I start to say, looking in the direction towards the front of the house.

He nods and pats the couch again. "At least let me explain some things."

I sigh and sit back down. I'm worried about having to face Kyungsoo now. What if it totally breaks his heart when he finds out?

But why can't he come in? Because it's his old house?

"It's true that my interest in you stemmed from the fact that you were able to reserve the room before me. I didn't think anyone else would want it." Jacob interrupts my thoughts and gives me a guilty, soft smile.

He pauses for a moment then continues, "It's also true that I became more interested in getting to know you after our first floor meeting."

He stops to take a sip of his tea and then starts again, "I guess I brought you here because there's something that told me to. For some reason, I felt that you would be interested in the kind of person my brother is. The kind of person that 'died' in your room."

I nod and respond, "Of course I would love to know. From what I've heard he sounds like quite the guy." I smile at my own experiences with him.

Although we haven't known each other long, it feels like we've been friends for years.

"Have you seen him yet? I know he's here. I've seen that far off look in your eyes, as if someone else is talking to you. " He says, interjecting into my thoughts.

I freeze. Do I tell him the truth? Will that hurt him or give him hope?

"Um, well. Yeah." I say, hoping he won't ask me to give him an example. I shift uncomfortably in my seat.

Jacob's face lights up, "Really? Has he spoken to you or does he just walk around? Does he look happy? Is he walking around the room? Has he seen me?" A flood of questions erupt from his mouth.

I laugh a bit, because his excitement is something I haven't seen before. He stops asking questions and clears his throat, looking a little embarrassed.

"He talks to me, but he doesn't remember much. He thinks you're a handsome young man... and I think he's a bit jealous of your confidence. He doesn't really remember anything actually..." I say, trailing off as I see his smile drop.

"Jacob," I start again, "But I'm sure he'll remember if I tell him."

Jacob smiles a bit and nods, "That might work." A little bit of hope shines through his disappointed expression.

There is a bit of a silence before I start to speak again, "Jacob, can you show me what kind of boy your brother is?" I ask, looking around the house.

He stands up and grabs my wrist, "Yes! Ill show you to his room."

He starts to pull me up a flight of stairs and down a hallway until we stand in front of a door.

He opens the door and signals for me to enter the room first.

It looks like I imagined his dorm room actually. Some simple posters on the walls of sports teams and super heroes, the basic blue bedding that we bought at the store, but also pictures.

I smile at some  of the pictures on his walls. There are cute ones from when he was in middle school and high school. He has the same innocent look with full lips and round eyes.

Kind of like an owl. I chuckle as I move onto the next wall. Then there's a picture of him and Jacob. But oh... Jacob is so cute. He looks like he's about to cry but he has to stay smiling, like it's taking every thing to hold in those tears.

They're both in baseball outfits, but from different teams. Kyungsoo is on one knee with his arm around his brother and a big smile plastered on his face. Jacob's knee's look all dirty and the way he's cradling his mitt reveals the scrapes on his arms.

I laugh and turn around, looking back at Jacob, who's already figured out what I've seen.

He crosses his arms and grumbles, "We lost the game, and he was trying to cheer me up. I haven't cried during a game since." He says proudly, a smile starting to break through his stubborn pout.

"No crying in baseball." I say, laughing a bit. Then he laughs too.

I'm starting to realize more that Jacob is just like anyone else. He's just a normal boy that has to hide so much pain and hardship. He seems even more strong to me now, and it pulls at my heart.

I pat Jacob's shoulder, "You're a wonderful guy, Jacob. I'm having a great time."

He smiles and adjusts his hat, "Of course you are, you're in the company of me." He says, the smirk reappearing on his face.

I pull back my hand and jab my elbow into his ribs lightly, "Stop acting like a douche!"

He chuckles and messes up my hair, "You know you like it."

I huff and fix my hair, going back to focusing on Kyungsoo's room. I move over to his desk, which is neat and has a lamp and a few picture's resting in their frames.

Most of them are more of him and Jacob. One at Kyungsoo's graduation where he still towered over him. But now it's the opposite.

One picture catches my eye; it has Kyungsoo smiling next to a girl I haven't seen before. Something squeezes on my chest. I don't like his face next to someone else's.

He's supposed to be my guardian angel.

"That's Kyungsoo's girlfriend, Jieun." Jacob says quietly.

She's pretty. Beautiful even. Very girly. She has a sweet smile and small nose. She wears a little makeup, but it's very natural. I wonder what she looks like now.

Jacob speaks again, "She still visits him every day. In the hospital."

I back away from the picture and smile at Jacob, "Okay, what else did you want to do today?"

 

 

Jacob takes me to the back yard where a giant tree towers over the house. Resting on the branches, is a little fort.

"Wow," I say absentmindedly, "I've never been in a tree house before." There are a few planks nailed into the tree to act as a ladder.

Jacob starts going up first, his strength getting him up the ladder fast. I follow him and when I reach the top he offers a hand to pull me up. The fort is a few planks to create a floor, and then planks for walls, but the roof is made out of a tarp material. 

Inside, there are two bean bags, a little box with books and a little stereo. I smile as Jacob makes himself comfortable in one of the bean bags. 

He looks so funny, a big guy in a little chair. He actually looks too big for this fort all together. 

He pats the chair next to him and I take a seat. "You know, I never would have thought you were so conventional." I say as he reaches into a box next to him and pulls out a bottle of water. 

He chuckles and shrugs, "There are a lot of things that aren't noticed at first glance." 

Suddenly Kyungsoo materializes right in front of me and causes me to jump. 

Jacob looks at me confused, "Are you alright?" 

"Uh, yeah, I'm fine, I just--" 

I'm cut off by Kyungsoo's angered voice, "I was so worried about you! Why did you leave me for so long?! And now you're 'buddy buddy' with douche over here?" 

I clasp my hands over my ears; this is too much to handle. What am I supposed to tell Kyungsoo? 

Do I even want to tell him? What if he remembers his girlfriend? But I can't be selfish and keep it from him. 

I feel Jacobs warm hands shake my shoulders, "Jimin, is everything alright?" And what about Jacob? I can't tell him that his brother doesn't like him, let alone remember him. But I also can't hide my relationship with him. 

But, what is our relationship?

"Are you two close now?" Kyungsoo says, trying to pull me towards him. 

Jacob is still trying to hold onto me and jostle my body until I respond. 

It feels like there is an immense pressure on my head, I feel like I'm going to explode. 

Finally, something in me breaks and I can no longer feel anyone around me. Just the sound of two worried voices, as I slip away into the darkness. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Hello again! Thank you so much for reading and I hope you've enjoyed the story so far! If you could, please follow my story and upvote it so it can reach others! AND if you're feeling SUPER generous, feel free to leave your opinion in the comment section below! Until next time!