The Beginning

Summer Job

DooJoon sighed as he placed the tablecloth onto one of the tables, slumping into one of the chairs.

 

*Hmm… Hollow. Empty. The end.* these words keep rotating in his head. *Why didn’t she come to work today? Is she avoiding me? Is she feeling unwell? Did something happen? Should I call her?* the unanswered questions and the emptiness in his heart was driving him insane. Since when have he been so dependent of Mi Eun?

 

“DooJoon-gun? Are you okay? Why aren’t you working your out?” The Boss asked.

 

“Ye. I’m fine. Hyung-nim! Did Mi Eun tell you why she took leave from work?” DooJoon asked desperately, needing to find an answer to satisfy his screaming mind.

 

“Mi Eun? She’s sick. Fever. I told her to stay at home and not pollute my shop with her illness.”

 

“Really? She’s not avoiding me or anything?”

 

“Avoiding you? Why? Did you do something wrong?”

 

“I don’t know hyung.” DooJoon replied shakily “I don’t know.”

 

---

 

DooJoon sat in the bus, waiting for his stop.

 

*Alright, there’s no turning back now dude. You’re already reaching. You’re reaching Mi Eunnie’s house. Don’t turn back. No.Everything’s gonna be fine. Put one foot in front of another when you alight. Left, Right, Left, Right.* DooJoon mentally hypnotized himself.

 

He was shaking when he reached Mi Eun’s doorway. *What if she didn’t want to see me? What if she’s not home? What if…….. What if……. What if she’s abducted by aliens and sent to some unknown planet? What if she died because of fever? What if…..* DooJoon’s imagination ran wild.

 

“Oppa? What are you doing here?”

 

“MWO?!?! Oh My. How did you know? Did I press the bell. Did you hear me? How? What? Are you okay? Are you still sick? Maybe I should go?” DooJoon asked, slightly flustered and taken aback.

 

“Oppa. Relax. Breathe.” Mi Eun said, as she shot him a weak smile. “Come in.”

 

DooJoon went in, and said. “I heard from the boss that you were sick. Are you feeling better?”

 

“Yeah. I’m feeling better oppa. Why did you come?” Mi Eun asked.

 

“I… I was worried. So I just came.”

 

“Hmmm…... Want a drink?”


“Sure. Anything’s fine with me.” DooJoon replied.

 

He watched Mi Eun turn into her kitchen, and heaved a sigh of relieved. She wasn’t avoiding him after all. It was as if a huge boulder have been lifted from his heart. He felt so much more relaxed.But he was sad watching her look so weak and sickly. He looked around the room, trying to familiarize himself. Suddenly, he heard a loud sound of shattering glass.

 

---

 

“Mi Eun?! Are you okay?” DooJoon asked worriedly as he rushed to her side.

 

Blood dripped from Mi Eun’s fingers as she tried to hide them from him.

 

“Aniya. I’m okay. I just need to clear up.” Mi Eun said weakly.

 

“Mi Eunnie-ah. You’re bleeding. Let me see.” DooJoon insisted, as he pulled her into the living room while grabbling the first aid kit on the shelf.

 

“I’m okay. It’ alright.” Mi Eun replied as DooJoon pulled her into the living room. She tried to struggle free, but she was too weak to. She followed DooJoon as she mentally cursed the stupid drowsy fever pills she’s been taking.

 

“Sit here.” He commanded. “Give me your finger.”

 

Mi Eun tried again. “Oppa. I’m-”

 

“Don’t tell me you’re okay! Do you know how much my heart breaks when I see you so weak and helpless?!” DooJoon yelled at her.  “Sit and don’t move!”

 

“Mi Eun complied, shocked by DooJoon’s sudden outburst.

 

Mi Eun looked at the focused DooJoon, as he took care of her fingers carefully and gently, making sure that antiseptic was applied and bandanged her wound, comforting her whenever she winced. She was so absorbed in looking at him that she did not notice that he was already done bandaging her finger.

 

“Oppa. Thanks.” Mi Eun said, thankful for DooJoon’s gentleness and care.

 

“Mi Eun-ah. You’ve gotta take better care of yourself. Are you still having a fever? Is it painful?” DooJoon asked thoughtfully.

 

“No. The fever’s gone and thanks to you, it doesn’t hurt. Thanks.” Mi Eun replied with a smile that made DooJoon’s heart melt.

 

DooJoon suddenly coughed and looked weak, making Mi Eun become alarmed and causing her eyes to become wider.

 

“What to do now? I think I’m not feeling well.” DooJoon said hoarsely, his eyes never leaving Mi Eun’s.

 

“Ehh?! Really? Where? How?” Mi Eun asked, now becoming more and more worried about DooJoon.

 

DooJoon pointed to his heart. “Here. Thanks to Park Mi Eun, my heart hurts.”

 

Silence hung in the air. Everything was still. *I gotta do this. Here we go.* DooJoon thought.

 

Everything happened in a blur. DooJoon cupped both of his hands on Mi Eun’s cheeks, as he brought his lips closer to hers. His heart was beating like crazy, as if it would explode any moment. Mi Eun’s cheeks were pink and flushed, making him want her even more. The space between them was becoming smaller and smaller.

 

Finally, his lips met hers, and he kissed her as gently as possible, afraid that she will be injured by him. His hand s to her neck as he pulled her closer to him. Their kiss intensified, as it became more and more urgent. Their lips melted into each others’ like the two poles of a magnet. The attraction between them was so strong that neither of them wants to pull away. It was DooJoon that broke the kiss. They were both breathing hard, as Mi Eun looked away shyly.

 

“Mi Eun-ah. I’m sure you know of my feelings for you. You attract me so much that I cannot help myself but to love you. Your every movement and every touch take my breath away. Your every look and every smile make my heart stop. You’re amazing and I have never ever met a girl like you. Will you please be mine?” DooJoon asked solemnly, praying with every cell in him that she will agree.

 

“Oppa. I…..” Mi Eun answered but ended there. Instead, she gave a small nod. Then, she looked into DooJoon’s eyes and gave him a smile.

 

A smile that burst like fireworks. A smile that made her looks like an angel the heavens have given him to love. A smile that confirmed his feelings for her.

 

DooJoon pulled Mi Eun into his chest and leaned his head onto hers. He whispered into her ear;

 

“Park Mi Eun. I love you. Thank you for being mine.”

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------

 

WEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG. I was seriously sweating when I was writing the kiss scene! AHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Picturing DJ like that in my head can seriously reproduce brain cells. I think that even if you make me do 100000 math questions now, I can do it. OMG!!! HOT TTM! Anyways….. Thanks for the comments. You readers really motivate me to continue writing. So, I decided to reply!

Comments from my posts yesterday:

 

@superTHUNDERfishie; Thanks so much for your support! I’m honored. WEEEE~ LOL(:

@pinkypn; There. You have the first kiss.  Thanks for your support too!(:

Once again, thanks readers and hope you enjoy the story.