Memories

Summer Job

“Oppa. What do you want for lunch?”

 

“MEAT! Any meat! Please and Thank You!” DooJoon replied immediately.

 

“Aishh…. I should’ve known. Ne. I got it.” MiEun hanged up with a smile toying around the edges of her lips.

 

She browsed down the aisle of the supermarket, looking for the perfect recipe for their first date since they’ve started dating.

 

“Meat….. Ham….. Egg…… Ehh? Should I get digestion pills?” she wondered, worrying that her culinary skills will disappoint her love.

 

---

 

“Who’s this pretty lady here?”

 

MiEun immediately turned around as she heard the voice. She nearly stabbed the stranger in the eyes and kick him in the groin until she saw who the voice belonged to.

 

“YAH! You could’ve been blind and could’ve said goodbye to father’s day you know?” MiEun scolded playfully.

 

“Hmmm… You wouldn’t do that to me.” DooJoon reassured as he pulled her in for a hug, inhaling her smell and burying his nose in her hair.

 

“Be careful. Don’t smash our lunch.” MiEun warned, but DooJoon’s action was actually tugging at her heart, making it beat faster by the second.

 

“Ne.” DooJoon obediently said, but never letting go of her hand.

 

They were going to the soccer field today. DooJoon haven’t exercised for a long time and today’s weather was good for a workout. The couple walked towards the local sports stadium that was usually deserted, anticipating the good memories they will create today.

 

“Oppa…” MiEun replied, trying to withdraw her hand from his.

 

“Baby. There’s nobody here. Don’t worry alright?” DooJoon affirmed, tightening his grip on her hand. She always worried about him and his image. Is she an idol or am I an idol? He often wondered. Always so thoughtful. Always so cautious. He smiled to himself, not caring if he looked like an idiot or like a retard.

 

---

 

They ran around the track for warm-up, as they tried competing with each other. It was obvious that DooJoon was going to win, but he always slowed down at the end for MiEun to run pass him and let him win. In front of her, it was as if his competitive side never existed. Letting her win doesn’t hurt his pride like it normally will. Seeing her upset hurts him more.

 

“Okay! Let’s play!” DooJoon exclaimed, as he felt his passion for soccer burn through him.

 

“Ani? I’m not gonna play. I’ll watch.” MiEun replied with a timid smile.

 

“Hmm? Nope. WE’RE gonna play.” DooJoon reached towards the retreating MiEun and pulled her towards him by the waist.

 

“Oppa. I can’t play for nuts! Since I was in primary school, every time we play soccer in gym class, I’ll either trip over the ball or step on the ball. So… No! I’m not gonna play.” MiEun resisted.

 

“Not even playing for me?”

 

“No.”

 

“Hmmm….” He pulled her against his chest as he planted a kiss onto her lips.

 

“Now?”

 

“N... No.”

 

He planted another, seeing MiEun’s composure and determination falter.

 

“Now?”

 

“Maybe I’ll consider.” She offered.

 

He kissed her again, this time the longest, as pleasure exploded around them. When he pulled away, both of them was breathing hard, gasping for air.

 

“Now?” he whispered huskily into her ear, trying his best to sound y and seductive.

 

“Hmmm…..” MiEun frowned, looking as if she was about to give in. but still “NO.”

 

“Yahhhh……. It’ll be boring to play alone!” DooJoon whined, exploding with aegyo only staged for his love. “Play with meeeeeeeee!”

 

MiEun smiled as she saw DooJoon’s pout. Why is he always so cute? Irresistible.

 

---

 

In the end, DooJoon ended up playing alone, with MiEun chasing after loose balls. They had lots of fun playing and building on their memories together.

 

---

 

“Is it delicious?” MiEun asked nervously during lunch.

 

“Mm..S….O…Yuu…” DooJoon replied with his mouth stuffed with meat, egg and kimchi. Looking at MiEun’s blur face, he used the international thumbs up to show that the food she made was heavenly.

 

“Haha. Glad that you like it.” MiEun replied, happy that the digestion pills that she bought can remain hiding in her bag.

 

Lunch passed quickly since vacuum cleaner DooJoon was around. Fast, Efficient, Spotless. MiEun thought.

 

They lie in the middle of the soccer field, surrounded by the smell of grass and bathed by the heat from the sun.

 

MiEun leaned further into DooJoon as she swore to remember his smell, his face and his voice.

 

“Baby… I Love You.” DooJoon said, as he pulled her closer to him.

 

“Me too.”

 

“I promise you that I’ll not hurt you or break your heart like your ex. We’ll remain together for the rest of our life, acting as each other’s’ walking stick and supporting each other when times are tough. Hmmm?”

 

“And I’ll cook for you and our kids every day. We can have many kids. Boys and Girls. Hmmm?”

 

“I want a soccer team. “ DooJoon replied in a gentle voice as he kissed MiEun’s forehead.

 

“Hmmm… Then we’ll live in a big house with a large kitchen and backyard so that the kids can play around while I cook for them. You can work and return to a house filled with food. Maybe I’ll feed you so much that you’ll have a belly.” MiEun laughed, as she imagined DooJoon with a belly. (!!!)

 

“You really want to start a family with me?” DooJoon asked as he leaned over and hovered above her. Enclaving her between his arms, he closed in on the space between them, feeling her breath on his neck.

 

“Promise that you’ll never leave me.”  She said, pulling him down towards her.

 

“I promise.” DooJoon swore, before leaning in to give her a kiss of promise, sealing their fate for the rest of their lives.

 

---

 

DooJoon sent MiEun home, glad that they were able to create some memories together and at the same time sad that they got to part so soon. He admits that he was sorry because he was busy. He was sorry that he was not able to keep her company like how a normal boyfriend would. She deserved somebody so much better that him. He was lost in his train of thought, until his phone pulled him back to the doorstep of MiEun’s house.

 

From: SaJang Nim (Boss)

DooJoon-ah! Come back to the company now.

Something important to tell you about.

Now.

 

He replied that he was on his way, as he set off to CUBE’s building.

 

---

 

That Night,

The lone man staggered towards his dorm, as his mind was filled with his boss’s words. He replayed the scene over and over in his head. It was making him wish that he have not joined the company and debuted at all. How he wished that he could have a normal life. Not one with so much restrictions and controls. Then his mind drifted to how she’ll react. Will she cry? What if I break her this time? What if. He questions his sanity and asks himself. Would you rather leave her or make her leave you?

He hate breaking promises.

 

-------------------------------------

 

OK! Sorry readers for being on hiatus for so long. Really. The no inspiration days also didn’t help much. Anyways…. Hope that you guys will like this chapter. It’s not impressive but still, hope you subscribe and comment.  LOVE YOU!