Hobbies and Broken Hearts

Summer Job

“DooJoon-sshi! Can you help get another bottle of Rice Wine for table 6?!” Mi Eun shouted across the room.

 

DooJoon was already starting to regret getting this job. It was tough and there were so many people. He was trying to hide his identity as well as balance 5 plates of uncooked meat at the same time. Man, this was hard.

 

“OH! Aren’t you Yoon Doo Joon from B2ST?!?!?! What are you doing here?” exclaimed an ahjumma.”My daughter is your greatest fan. But why are you here and not practicing for your comeback?”

 

“Ne. Annyeonghaseyo. I’m just….”

 

“Ahh! Araso araso. You must be filming some variety show here right? Ohh? That means I’ll be on TV! Where’s the camera?”

 

DooJoon swallowed back an eye roll, and said politely between gritted teeth “Ne. Thank You and enjoy your meal.”

 

---

 

Finally, the crowd died down and the employees finally get to take a rest. Well, there were only 2 employees since the employer is a miser…

 

“OMG! How can you take all those? Your balance must be perfect and you must have hell a lot of patience.” DooJoon exclaimed towards Mi Eun.

 

“Well… I’ve been working here for about 2 months so I guess I sort of get used to it.” Mi Eun replied cheerfully.

 

“Great way to train your stamina and balance, huh.” DooJoon offered.

 

“Well, that could be a way. But I won’t train my stamina this way if I were you.”

 

“Yeah. I train my stamina through playing soccer. Do you play any sports? You look like a music and arts kind of girl though.”

 

“Ehh? Music and arts kind of girl? I guess you can put it that way.”

 

“You haven’t answer my question Mi Eun-sshi.”

 

“Ehh? Oh! Netball. I play Netball.” Mi Eun replied and with those 3 words DooJoon could feel her passion towards the sport. She was a lot like him.

 

“REALLY?!?!?!?!”

 

“Yeah. I guess that broke your impression of me being weak eh?” Mi Eun added with a gentle smile.

 

“Ani Ani! I just thought that… your body…” realizing how wrong he sounded, he corrected, “I mean… You don’t look tanned so I thought you rarely go outdoors and well… yeah…”

 

*OMG. I must sound like a total idiot.* DooJoon thought.

 

“Umm. Yeah okay. I gotta go. See you tomorrow?”

 

“Ne. Bye!"

 

-Mi Eun POV-

Hmmm. He’s cute. With eyes like his, no wonder there are so many girls that falls for him. Wait… But why does my heart beat so erratically when he’s near me? It can’t be, can it? ARGHHHH!!!!! YAH! Park Mi Eun. Don’t forget. You’re not gonna fall for any guy again alright? Don’t forget how badly that freaking bastard hurt you last time. No way. It’s all just an act. They all have a motive. You need to be wary of them. Alright?

 

But once I thought of that incident, I broke down. I clutched at my chest, willing the hurt and emptiness to go away. But it’s too overwhelming. I blinked as my vision is blocked by tears. I stopped when the tears threatened to fall.

 

“No. Not here. Please not here.” I said as I leaned against a lamp post.

 

Then, I felt a hand on my shoulder.

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

okay. this chapter is kinda boring and it's short... sorry readers(: