Almost

Summer Job

“Yoboseyo?”

 

“Mi Eunnie!!!! Wanna come to our studio? B2ST members say they miss you.”

 

“Really? Sure! But how do I go there?”

 

“Ehmm.. Where are you? Maybe I’ll go meet you?”

 

“Sure. I’m at home. I can meet you at the café near the shop.”

 

“Okay! See you in half an hour.” DooJoon said.

 

As DooJoon hanged up, he turned around and called to s.

 

“YAH! Mi Eun’s gonna be coming over in half an hour. Make sure the dorm and practice room is clean! First impression boys!”

 

But he was met with silence.

 

“Ayyyy. When it comes to food their eyes shimmer like stars. When I get them to clean-up, they ignore me… Aishh…..” DooJoon muttered under his breath.

 

---

 

“Ohh! Oppa annyeong!” Mi Eun said as she saw DooJoon walking towards her.

 

*Yoon Doo Joon! Walk. Breathe. Blink. Walk. Breathe. Blink. Act normal!* DooJoon thought as he caught sight of Mi Eun.

 

“Annyeong Mi Eun-ah!” DooJoon said, as he gave something to Mi Eun, his head down, arms extended.

 

“Mwo- Awww…. That’s so sweet of you. Thanks!” Mi Eun said as she reached forward for the single red rose.

 

*Red rose. The meaning of the color red is love and passion. A single stalk means that she’s my only love. Do she know that?* DooJoon thought.

 

“Sure. You’re welcome. Well… Let’s go!” DooJoon said.

 

The two of them walked side by side down the sidewalk, and Mi Eun noticed that DooJoon was wearing the chain necklace that she gave him. That made her mood even better and she was happy. Being able to be near the man she liked was more than she deserved.

 

“Ok! Here we are.”

 

---

 

“Here we are! Welcome to our dorm!”

 

“This is the first time I’ve been to a celebrity’s house.”

 

“Yah… This is the first time a girl like you is coming to our dorm.” DooJoon replied, looking at Mi Eun adoringly.

 

“Oppa…. Don’t look at me like that.”

 

“Like what?” DooJoon asks, staring into Mi Eun’s brown bottomless eyes.

 

“Like…like I’m the best thing you’ve ever seen.” Mi Eun replied softly and hesitantly.

 

“You are.” DooJoon immediately replied, his feelings for her carelessly slipping out.

 

Pink started to rush into Mi Eun’s cheek, making her cuter and more doll-like. She did not know what to say after DooJoon’s last comment. All she knew was that her heart was beating very quickly, and her brain have been disconnected with her body. Then, it was like she can notice every detail around her. DooJoon leaning in, her head tilting up, his hand moving around her neck. Gently, slowly, as if he was afraid to hurt her. She fought to control her ragged breathing, as DooJoon’s lips moved closer to her own. She held her breath, afraid that it may destroy and shatter this moment.

 

Then, she heard. “Mi Eun-ah! Welcome!!!!!”

 

Immediately the both of them drew back like a rubber band that has been stretched to its maximum.

 

“OMO! Did I interrupt something? Go ahead. I will pretend I didn’t see anything.” YoSeob replied, as he covered his eyes with his hands.

 

DooJoon was silently cussing and throwing profanities at YoSeob. He was so close!!!!  

 

“Oppa annyeong.” Mi Eun said with a smile as she tried to control her heartbeat, which was beating like 1000000beats/minute.

 

“Let’s go inside.” DooJoon said to Mi Eun.

When Mi Eun passed YoSeob, DooJoon shot a deadly glare at YoSeob, making YoSeob shrivel like a mouse when greeted by a lion.

 

“Yah! Mianhe! I didn’t know. You should’ve put up a sign or something.”

 

?!?! “Aishh…. You should make some noise! Do you know how long I’ve been waiting? I don’t care. You make her kiss me again!” DooJoon said. But when YoSeob sees the special gleam in DooJoon’s eyes he knew that DooJoon was just fooling around with him. Best buddies don’t stay mad at each other for long.

 

---

 

“So?”

 

“Ehmm… No offence oppa-deul, but….. Your house is really……”

 

“Pretty?” YoSeob suggested.

 

“Captivating.” HyunSeungie said.

 

“Mesmerising?” GiKwang asked.

 

“Aniyo. It’s….. Super messy.” Mi Eun ended with an apologetic smile.

 

“Hmmm…. Well, I’ve gotten the guys to clean up, but they obviously ignored me.” DooJoon said.

 

“Mwo?! Yah! You’ve invited Mi Eun over so you should be the one that cleans up!” JunHyung argued.

 

There seems like there will be a fight if nobody stops the two now. So Mi Eun immediately said.

 

“Aigoo. It’s okay! You’re all guys and you’re all busy idols. So a messy house is expected. My house is messy too when I just moved in. There were paper boxes lying everywhere.”

 

“Really? I thought your house was super tidy. Not a speck of dust in sight!” DooJoon asked.

 

“When I just moved-“

 

“Wait. YOU’VE BEEN TO HER HOUSE? DOOJOON-AH?” the B2ST members asked, giving DooJoon  teasing glances and cheeky smiles, while raising their eyebrows.

 

“Visit. We didn’t do anything. Visit.” DooJoon repeated, afraid that the B2ST members would misunderstand and afraid of embarrassing Mi Eun.

 

“Yeah. Oppa went to my house and stared at it like it was his first time seeing a house.” Mi Eun mused, glad that the tension before was gone. “So… what do you all wanna do now? DooJoonie oppa said that you guys missed me. Really?”

 

“Aniyo?” GiKwang replied, shooting DooJoon a questioning glance.

“Ehhh???? Oppa said….”

 

“I didn’t say anything. Since you’re here, why don’t we go to the studio? Today is practice day and it’s a public holiday!” DooJoon interrupted.

 

“Cool! Let’s go!” Mi Eun answered cheerfully.

 

---

 

The B2ST members led Mi Eun over to a large room, in their company’s building. The room was huge, and Mi Eun could imagine the B2ST members working hard and chilling out in this room.

 

“Mi Eunnie. You can sit here. And we’ll begin our practice. Alright?” DooJoon’s voice rang out to her. DooJoon always thought of her and cared for her wherever he was. He made sure that Mi Eun was comfortable before he left her. It was like the time when he sent her home when she was upset. He made sure that she locked the door before he left. It was like when she played netball with him, when he made sure that she always won and when there was any contact she wasn’t hurt. The thought of their memories together made Mi Eun smiled. And the incident at B2ST’s doorway. She tried not to think about it but it seemed highly impossible.

 

“Mi Eun-ah. About what happened in the doorway…?” DooJoon said, while scratching his head. It was amazing. It was as if he could read her mind and answer to all her thoughts. They were thinking about the same thing.

 

“I know. I’ll forget about it. Don’t worry oppa.” Mi Eun replied, almost automatically, despite her mind screaming at her to not forget.

 

“No. I don’t want you to forget it. Don’t forget it.” DooJoon said awkwardly, and then quickly turn around and headed for the other side of the practice room.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

Okay! Another chapter. Sorry this chapter was so short. I kinda sprained by back and cannot sit up straight cause it hurts. Forgive me readers. The roller coaster I took the other day was the culprit. So… what do you think of these chapter? Thanks for all the nice comments. I appreciate it. I LOVE YOU READERS! <3 (: