-2-

The Mascot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Flashbacks! This update will tell you how they met and all to know about them more.

Thank you guys for the upvotes and comments, really really appreciate it and like how all of the authors around the world would feel, feedbacks always makes us happy! It really made my day knowing that you guys are interested in this and I hope that y'all will continue to enjoy reading this story :)

Once again, pardon my grammar!

Seulgi remembers exactly the first time she interacted with Joohyun.

It was the only time she was running late to school because she spent too much time petting her neighbor’s puppies. Wendy would’ve shook her head and called her dummy but she wouldn’t be surprised as that was such a Seulgi-thing to do.

But the thing is, it was her first day being a high school student and getting late was the least thing she wanted to do.

She panicked when she realized that there were not many students wearing a yellow tie left in the hallway, reminding her that most of her same-year students had already went to their respective classrooms.

Seulgi rushed to her locker and took all of the books she needed, not bothering to put it inside her backpack before turning around the corner and the next thing she knew, her made contact with the ground.

She blinked her eyes to make the tiny black dots in her vision disappeared.

“Ahh-“

Seulgi looked up and saw a girl, in the same position as her. She didn’t know her, her face was not familiar for Seulgi but she surely remembered passing her once or twice in the hallway.

And then Seulgi’s eyes bulged when she saw her tie.

It was blue, which means she was in her sophomore year while Seulgi was still a freshman. Everyone knows running into your senior was not a good thing, AND she was still in her freshmen year for Heaven’s sake.

“A-are you okay?? I’m sorry!” Seulgi scurried to help the girl in front of her as she examined her for any kinds of wounds, and she couldn’t help herself but released a relieve sigh when there was no scrap or anything. “I-I was in a hurry and I didn’t see you, I’m truly sorry!”

Upperclassmen always scared her, based on her personal experience and she felt her eyes watered a little bit at the thought that she might have to undergo the same thing she went through when she was little.

Seulgi’s never-ending apologizes were cut-off when she felt a hand on her shoulder, and a comforting smile from the sophomore’s face.

“Hey it’s okay, relax, I’m not going to bite you”

Surprise was an understatement for her. Her expression must’ve been hilarious for the girl because she laughed before she dusted herself off and picked up her fallen bag.

“I’m sorry too, I was too busy daydreaming that I didn’t see where I was heading to.. are YOU okay though?”

Seulgi nodded her head rapidly, still was in shock that this senior didn’t scold her or cursed at her for bumping into her. But being anxious didn’t mean that she wasn’t able to study the senior’s features. Sure, they passed each other once or twice before but this was the first time that she can look at her this close.

And lord, was she beautiful.

“I’m okay… umm, thanks for asking”

“You’re welcome”

They both stood up when they finished collecting their own stuffs, with Seulgi still being nervous while the other was the opposite of it.

Seulgi realized that she was actually a little bit taller than the senior, but that didn’t stop her from being uneasy.

“What’s your name?”

Seulgi’s body relaxed a little bit when she saw the senior’s comforting smile. “Seulgi.. um, Kang Seulgi”

The senior’s eyes glanced at her tie before looking back to her eyes, making Seulgi’s gulped but it seemed like the former didn’t noticed it.

“You’re a freshman?”

Seulgi nodded timidly. “Yes”

The girl surprised Seulgi again when she held out her hand with a smile. “I’m Bae Joohyun, nice to meet you Seulgi”

Seulgi was staring at the offered hand before reaching out and shook it, a small smile appeared.

Her palm was so warm and soft.

“Nice to meet you too.. sunbae”

She totally forgot that she should’ve been inside her class now but maybe running late into class wasn’t that bad.

-----

She didn’t expect her best friend to got all worked up when she told Wendy the incident she had that morning.

“You ran into Bae Joohyun?? THE Bae Joohyun??”

Seulgi flinched at how loud her best friend was being “..I guess yeah?”

“And you say you didn’t know her before”

Seulgi shook her head. “Is she popular?”

Wendy gave her a judging look, dumbfounded by her best friend’s words. “Dude have you been living under a rock?”

Seulgi pouted. “Well I’m sorry that I didn’t know who she was but you don’t have to be mean..” She was an introvert after all, and she rarely bothers herself to know who is who outside of her circle of friends.

Wendy giggled at Seulgi’s expression. “I’m sorry, it’s just that this is the first time I heard that someone doesn’t know who Bae Joohyun is..” Wendy looked at her “Well, she’s popular for her kindness and always tried her best to help anyone that needed any help. It’s quite rare to encounter someone like her nowadays, and moreover, have you seen her? I mean- of course you have, she’s pretty right?”

She really is, Seulgi nodded her head.

“Well, basically, she's the sweetheart of our school.” Wendy finished, munching on her meal after her stomach rumbled for food.

-----

Since that day, whenever they passed each other Joohyun would always smiled and waved to her in which Seulgi shyly replied. Sometimes, she would took the initiative to make a conversation with the younger girl too. Or inviting her to eat lunch together, in which at first Seulgi always kindly turned down the offers because she was just too shy and nervous to spent the lunch together surrounded by her seniors, but eventually did it because Joohyun did an aegyo to her ( who could say no to that? )

Seulgi felt happy when Joohyun told her to call her unnie, dropping the ‘sunbae’ honorifics meant that they were getting closer right?

Joohyun would invite ( insist ) Wendy to their table too.

“Seulgi’s friends means my friend” and then she would smiled warmly.

It was the first time for Seulgi to have a senior that treated her as if she was her friend, and that only made her heart warmed. Slowly, Seulgi started to open up to them ( although not as fast as Wendy who’s an extrovert and a social butterfly ), but Joohyun always thought that it was worth the time. it was a great relieve for her too that Joohyun’s friends were as warm as Joohyun and genuinely makes efforts all the time to become friends with the two freshmen.

Her same year friends could only look at her with jealousy ( thankfully not in a bad way ) and would sometime for it.

At first, Seulgi only think of it as an admiration towards the older girl, but as time passes by, she noticed that every time she sees her, her heart beat would beat faster and her stomach would gave her this funny feeling.

There was a time when she was in denial, that she insisted that what she felt towards the girl was just pure admiration. It’s normal for her to like the girl anyway, as she has been nothing but kind to her.

But she wasn’t stupid, she knew that she liked the older girl as more than a friend.

That was four months before she broke down in front of Wendy.

-----

Left.

Right.

Left.

Right.

Seulgi skipped her way towards the cafeteria as she mindlessly hummed to herself.

Some of the students looked at her a bit skeptically, wondering why the usually shy girl was skipping her way in the hallway with a big grin plastered on her face.

Wendy won’t deny that she was a little bit creeped out when she saw her best friend’s expression but she didn’t said anything about it. A smile appeared on her face as she continued to listen to whatever nonsense Seulgi spewed out of . It’s not often to see her best friend this cheerful, so she just decided to let the girl blabbered on and on.

Seulgi reached out to her pocket and took out an item she just received from her favorite senior, stomach soon filled with butterflies at the thought of what she just experienced an hour ago.

A year had passed since she first befriended with Joohyun, she was in her sophomore year now, while Joohyun was in her junior year. And she couldn’t deny that she and the older girl had gotten closer with each other.

That day marked Seulgi’s 16th birthday, and Joohyun surprised her by giving he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter