Joohyun

The Mascot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun Likes Seulgi.

She is the kind of girl that Joohyun wants to protect because of how precious she is, as if Seulgi is the shy little sister that she never got.

At least that’s what she thought.

At first, it was because the poor girl looked really scared when they bumped into each other. Like, really scared. She still remembered the trembling hands that were used to help her gather her books that fell.

 “I’m really really sorry, I-I didn’t mean to… make you f-fall or a-anything!..”

Joohyun wished that she could just scoop the girl in front of her into a hug or something but it wasn’t even a question that the girl will most definitely became more freaked out if she did that.

 “Hey it’s okay, relax, I’m not going to bite you”

And that was the first time that she can really see her face. Even though her appearance seemed kind of disheveled, Joohyun can’t deny that the girl in front of her is pretty. And cute, moreso with that protruding ears of her.

 Joohyun concludes that Kang Seulgi is a really cute underclassman of her.

*

“Hi Seulgi”

“O- h-hi sunbae”

Joohyun smiles when the younger girl didn’t forget to politely bow to her. She realizes that this time she’s walking with someone, and when she glances at the smaller girl next to her, she receives a warm smile in which she reciprocates it with her own.

“Hello, Seulgi’s friend?”

“Yes. My name’s Son Seungwan but people usually call me Wendy, nice to meet you sunbaenim”

 “Well then Wendy, my name’s Bae Joohyun” Joohyun smiles,

“Nice to meet you too.”

It wasn’t long before they grow to become friends, even though it took some time for Seulgi to be comfortable with the older girl but Joohyun didn’t really mind that.

A year has passed since they become friends. By this time, they all had become close friends and Joohyun had a great idea regarding the present that she wanted to give to her raven haired friend.

She remembered that Seulgi once said that she sweats easily, so that means she will give Seulgi a thing that might be useful for her in the future, which is; a handkerchief. With bunnies on it.

And to be honest, she felt proud of herself when she saw Seulgi smiling so widely that her eyes became crescent shape.

Ah, Joohyun wanted to see that kind of smile again.

And she will.

*

She still remembered perfectly when Seulgi became very weird.

“Seulgi hi”

Joohyun’s smile falters when the younger girl only gave a little smile to her. She didn’t even look at her eyes for more than a second.

Maybe she isn’t feeling well.

“So I’ve been thinking,” Joohyun locked their arms together as they walk side by side, like usual. “Exam weeks have passed. And I realized that we haven’t been hanging out like usual, and so I think we can hang out together this night?”

“I can’t”

“Oh, you got plans?” Joohyun wonders.

“Sort of” Seulgi shrugs.

“How about tomorrow?”

“I already promise Wendy that I’ll help her in her art project.”

“The day after tomorrow..?” Joohyun asks hopefully.

“My science assignment was due that day.” Seulgi said, still not looking at her.

“Anyway, I have to go unnie. See you..” Joohyun frowns when Seulgi discreetly releases her arm from the former and continue to walk to her class.

“But..”

The day after tomorrow is Sunday.

 

Joohyun felt a peck on her right cheek. And her cheeks feel warm when she turns her head to the culprit.

“I’m sowwyyyy” Seulgi hugs her and snuggles her head onto the older girl’s neck. Joohyun chuckles, kissing the crown of her head before running her fingers through Seulgi’s hair.

“It’s okay,“ Joohyun sighs contently, smiling adoringly at the girl cuddled up to her.

“..it’s all in the past”

There’s a comfortable silence before Seulgi breaks it, asking a question that has been on her mind for quite a while.

“Unnie”

“Hm?”

“..Since when did you like me?”

Seulgi feels the hand running through h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter