-3-

The Mascot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

First of all, daedangkyu you so so much guys for all of the upvotes and comments! I hope you'll continue to enjoy it and keep giving feedbacks to me so I'll know if I've done a good job with how the story goes or nah, also it'll really motivates me if you do that :)

And thennn happy early chinese new year for those who celebrates it ^^

I'm not confident with some scenes in this chapter but oh well.. yolo

As always, pardon my grammar

“……And now, please welcome our X high mascottt!!”

Cheers were resounding in the court, and Seulgi felt andrenaline spun through her as she ran to the source of the voices.

She just silently pray that she won’t messed up.

The cheers were louder when she ran around the court while waving her hands to the audience. As she was running around and finally almost reaching back to her starting point, her eyes dragged to Wendy who was cheering loudly to her.

Seulgi smiled widely at the Canadian, though it can’t be seen from the outside. So she settled with giving her thumbs up before her eyes automatically dragged to the girl beside her.

Joohyun was still typing on her phone with a frown, seemingly not interested with the event surrounding her despite the loud screams and yells. Seulgi knew that Joohyun was still wondering why the former can’t join them, and probably spamming her to come.

Seulgi passed by their school cheerleading squad, not forgetting to greet Joy and Yeri who smiled at her in return. After waving here and there, she stood beside her school’s cheerleading team and waited for the announcer to call the other school mascot.

It was an eagle.

Seulgi won’t denied that the other school mascot’s costume was badass, the loud cheers were not helping too as it was louder than her’s, even though x high’s was the host.

The eagle gave a nod to the bear before settling itself beside the other school cheerleading squad.

“I heard that the eagle prepare something for us..” The announcer paused and waited for the cheers to settled down first before continuing. “so before the match begins, we’ll warm ourselves up first!!.. give it up for.. the eagleeeeeeeee!!!”

And then music started to play loudly, the indoor court was booming with it as the students from x high’s neighboring school cheered loudly.

So this is what Jooheon meant when she can have the chance to showcase her skill by being a mascot, Seulgi thought.

Seulgi nodded her head in acknowledgement when she saw how the eagle danced. The person inside the costume clearly have some experience in dancing before but instead of making the girl lost confidence, Seulgi actually was getting more excited.

Her feet bounced in giddiness, waiting for the other mascot to finish their performance. And when it was finished, Seulgi wasn’t surprise when the students were cheering and clapping loudly.

 “Nice, nice! Won’t expect anything less from the eagle anyway!” The announcer complimented, and then the next thing he said made Seulgi’s heart beat quickened. “..what about the bear? Do you want to challenge the eagle? Even though we already know the outcome” the announcer chuckled.

There were some laughters from the audience along with some snickers.

“The announcer’s joking right”

And then some whispers.

The students were clearly not expecting anything from the mascot, so when Seulgi nodded her head and lift her hands to gave two thumbs up to the announcer, everyone was shock.

Seulgi giggled to herself, maybe the previous mascot once embarrassed himself by not dancing properly.

“Huh? Is the bear challenging the eagle??”

Seulgi nodded her head again and raised her hands to gave an o-k signs.

The announcer seemed taken aback ( along with everyone else ) but he quickly composed himself. “.. I didn’t know that the bear prepare something, my mistake.. what song?”  as he was saying this, he flipped some pages and searched for something. Maybe he thought that he skipped this without noticing, but his search end with no result.

“I’m sorry.. we- uh we haven’t prepared any songs that you might want.. but we can play some that we have already downloaded, is that okay?”

Seulgi didn’t have a choice anyway, so she just continued to nod her head.

“Okay then… now it the bear’s turn, give it up to X high’s mascotttttt!!”

She can hear Wendy’s shouting loudly resulting Seulgi’s lips to tugged upward at the corner. That hamster..

The raven-haired girl was surprised when a familiar beat played, maybe luck was on her side this time. Seulgi nodded her head along with the beat before she started to dance. Her moves were getting more confidence and bolder when the cheers were getting louder each second passed.

Her grin grew wider when she realized that Jooheon’s was shamelessly fanboying along with Joy and Yeri who cheered and clapped loudly like a seal.

Her distance with Joohyun were getting smaller as she continued to dance, and she noticed that Joohyun had already put her phone down.

When the music finished, Seulgi was already in front of Joohyun, with her staring at the mascot with confusion while Yongsun who was sitting beside her was clapping widely.

Everyone was cheering widely, there were even some whistles going around, but the mascot didn’t do anything beside standing in front of Joohyun as her shoulders were moving up and down from dancing her heart out.

Seulgi could see that Joohyun was confused on why the mascot was standing in front of her. Maybe it was a part of the performance?

The older girl was startled when the mascot suddenly moved, but gave out an amused smile when she realized what the mascot was doing.

Seulgi made a heart shape with her fingers, pointing it towards her, hoping that Joohyun could get the message that she was the only one who got her attention, and her heart fluttered when Joohyun playfully made a heart shape with her fingers too, along with her chuckling.

Seulgi grinned widely at that and unconsciously giggled. Fortunately, the cheering was so loud that no one can hear it.

What to do..

Her thoughts were cut off when the announcer loudly praised her, saying that this is the first time that X high’s mascot can make the audience this ’shooked’.

“Yah, that’s definitely not our mascot. Does the person behind the mascot changed?? Namjoon can’t dance

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter