-1-

The Mascot
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hope you enjoy and pardon my grammar :)

X high school’s mascot is well-known, even to the other schools.

Everyone in X high loves their own school mascot, it isn’t surprising when the mascot is one of the daily topics circulating in their school.

Everyone loves the mascot, yet no one know who is behind the mask, not even their genders, but that is one of the reason why their school’s mascot is considered unique. All they know is that the mascot always slayed hard when it comes to performing ( not like most of the other school’s mascot, who only do nothing other than waving their hands to the audience ), remains anonymous for almost a year, and is famous for always giving a special attention to a certain someone.

That someone is Bae Joohyun, X high’s sweetheart.

And even though they don’t know who the person behind the costume is, most of the students there ship the two of them, their school’s mascot and their school’s sweetheart that is. Who wouldn’t? their interactions made the other students go ‘aww’ as they’re always being cute wherever they meet.

So, Joohyun wasn’t even surprised when Wendy, who is sitting across from her, suddenly grin to her out of nowhere, and then suddenly her vision goes black. She was actually a person who is easily startled by anything, and she would’ve scream ( loudly ) if it wasn’t for the soft and familiar hands that are blocking her eyes. Well, her face actually, because of how big the owner’s hands are.

She knew who it was, the soft furs gave it out and she felt the corner of her lips tug upward as she gently removes the hands from her eyes. or face.

Her smile grew bigger when she turns around, revealing their school’s beloved mascot, a bear mascot, enthusiastically waving it’s hands.

“I knew it was you” She playfully pinches the mascot’s cheeks, only to laugh when the latter rubs it’s cheeks as if it hurts.

The mascot wave to Wendy too before holding up a finger to Joohyun, signaling her to wait a second as it’s other hand searches for something inside it’s costume’s pockets.

It was a flower.

And no matter how many times it happened, Joohyun can’t stop her cheeks from coloring every single time the mascot gave flower to her.

“Thank you” she smiles as she shyly receives it.

The mascot nods it’s head a few times before spreading it’s arms and Joohyun didn’t think twice before she hug the bear, letting out a tiny little giggle that only reaches her own ears and the mascot’s.

“Ehem”

She didn’t realized that other students are watching their interactions, until she pulls away the second she heard Wendy’s voice. Not like the other students are complaining though.

“I didn’t mean to break your moment, but break is about to end and this granny here haven’t eaten half of her meal yet so…”

“I’m not a granny” Joohyun pouts, unknown to her that she made the person inside the costume smiles at the sight.

Wendy just shrugs. “Whatever”

The mascot pats Joohyun’s head before walking backwards, waving it’s hands to say goodbye while Joohyun reciprocated it with a smile on her face. Before the former was out of sight, Joohyun playfully gives a flying kiss to the bear in which didn’t go unnoticed by everyone, including the mascot.

She laughs when the mascot pretend as if he/she caught the kiss and put it inside their pocket affectionately before making a heart with it’s hands to Joohyun.

Joohyun watches the mascot until the latter was out of sight.

“Unnie”

She looks to the younger one, “Hm?”

“2 minutes left before the break is over” Wendy said in between eating her ramyeon, and Joohyun could only curse before she hurriedly eat her meal.

-----

Kang Seulgi is the atlethic type of person.

When she exercises, she rarely felt exhausted. Just tired, but not exhausted.

And she doesn’t feel the tiniest bit of tired right now, but she keeps whining every time her sweats decided to make Seulgi suffers by getting into her eyes and make it stings.

Kang Seulgi is the atlethic type of person, but her body always sweats easily.

It’s not helping that the costume lacks of air too, as there isn’t much space left when she wears it. By now, Seulgi’s not even surprised at how much she sweats when she wears the costume, moreover, her ‘crush’ was not helping too.

Not helping at all actually, as she always made her heart beats fast and palms sweaty every time she sees her.

When she look around her to see if there is anyone around and realizing that there is no one in the hallway, she finally enters the changing room and take the mascot’s head part off, letting out a relieve sigh. As much as she loves to wear the costume and can interact with Joohyun freely, she praises the God above when she finally can removed the suffocating costume off of her.

With much effort, she quickly changes her clothes to her school uniform that she hid inside her bag.

The bell rings, and at times like this that she’s thankful for how much stamina her body could store.

-----

Thankfully, the teacher hasn’t come yet.

Seulgi drops to her assigned seat with a thud, trying to calm her breath and heartbeat while her bag drop to her side.

“Glad that you made it on time” even without looking, she knew that the owner of the voice have a smirk plastered on her face. Seulgi could only nod her head, before grabbing her handkerchief to wipe her forehead before the sweats could roll down to her eyes, again.

“You stink”

Seulgi narrowed her eyes at her best friend. “gee, thanks”

They remained silent for a while, until the younger one between the two broke it.

“..You should just tell her that it was you”

Seulgi let out a heavy sigh. “Wendy, we already have this conversation many times before”

Hearing this, Wendy could only smile sadly.

“I know, but you’re not going anywhere with her if this continue.. she doesn’t even know if the person behind the mask was actually a girl.”

Seulgi stays silent.

“Moreover, anyone could actually claim to be the mascot just to have the chance of being with her..”

Seulgi frowns. “I don’t have a chance with her Wendy, i’d rather be someone that can interact with her anytime even though she will never know who I am rather than she know who I am and she will be disgusted of me”

Seulgi heard a scoff from beside her. “You know she isn’t that kind of person”

Wendy opened but closed it again the moment she saw Mr.Kim enters the classroom.

She sighs when she saw Seulgi silently fiddling with her handkerchief, not bothering to give any attention to the class.

“Wendy..”

At t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter