Chapter 9

Just A Nobody [A Scarlet Heart: Ryeo Story]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hae Rin's POV

The Royal doctor had told us that Lady Hae did not have much time left but he was not specific enough to let us know roughly how much time that is exactly. That was enough to drive me crazy, not knowing when is the last day I'd get to see her, constantly worrying that she'd leave me when I wasn't with her. With a paranoid mind, I spent almost every second I could with her. I wanted to cherish every moment I had with her before having any regrets when she will be gone.

I woke up as usual to a furiously rapid heartbeat pace, immediately getting myself dressed, I made my way to Lady Hae as soon as I can. I started hyperventilating when I didn't find her in her room, as usual, every morning, where she waits for me. Calm down, Hae Rin-ah, she's probably just taking a walk around the household. I thought to myself and quickly searched around the entire household for her, stopping once in a while to ask the servants if anyone has seen her but they all said they did not.

After what felt like forever, I heaved a sigh of relief when I finally found her but it broke my heart to see what she was doing. She was burning her own stuff, I watched with tears b in my eyes. My chest rose in panic when she started coughing violently into her handkerchief, I was by her side when she pulled the now bloodied handkerchief away from her lips. 

"Help, please! Somebody! Please come help!" I screamed at the top of my lungs for anyone to be around. Not too long later, Chae Ryung appeared and helped me Lady Hae back into her room. Right after laying her down onto her bed, "Wait here, I'll go call for the doctor." Just as I was about to leave, Lady Hae grabbed onto my hand, "No, there's no need. I'm okay. Stay with me, Hae Rin-ah." I forced a smile and nodded.

"Rin-ah, your Soo unnie does makeup very nicely, doesn't she? I want her to do my makeup for me one last time, I want Prince Wook to remember me beautifully." I swallowed the lump in my throat and blinked my tears away, "Yes, of course, anything you want, unnie." I turned to Chae Ryung and told her to bring Hae Soo.

 

I brought Lady Hae to the table to sit where the makeup will be done. Hae Soo arrived in a short while with red and puffy eyes, "Unnie..." she looked at Lady Hae sadly and started doing the makeup without another word, afraid that she'll break down before saying much. Chae Ryung draped

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter