Chapter 7

Just A Nobody [A Scarlet Heart: Ryeo Story]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hae Rin's POV

After hours of convincing, Prince Wook managed to make me tell him everything. He held onto my hands as I spoke, "I-I kept quiet to p-protect Soo unnie and L-Lady Hae... I need to protect m-my family..." I sniffled and squeezed his hands with all the strength I have left in me, "Prince Wook, for my family's safety, please don't tell anyone about Prince Yo... please, for... for me..." I whispered the last part in a broken voice.

I looked at his reaction, he took deep breaths and shut his eyes tightly, "Okay, I promise, I won't tell anyone about it. But Rin-ah, you have to tell me... what exactly did he do to you today?" Tears welled up in my eyes once again upon hearing that question. I pulled my hands out of his grasp and looked away from him, but he gently held my shoulders and made me face him, "Rin-ah, let me know what that bastard did to you..."

Letting out a shaky breath, I told him the way Prince Yo ually violated me without being able to look at him, my head cast towards the ground as I spoke softly with tears threatening to spill. As I finished, Prince Wook was shaking in anger, he let go of the grasp on my shoulder and stood up, fists tightly clenched, "I'll kill that bastard!" 

I stood up in a panic and attempted to stop him by placing both hands on his chest, "No! Prince Wook, you promised me you'd keep it a secret. Please, I beg of you... Please don't do anything rash..." I pleaded, looking at him with tears blurring my vision. Without another word, he pulled me into him and wrapped his arms around me as I cried into his chest. "I'm so sorry, Rin-ah. I have failed you again... I promise you, there will be no next time. I'll stay with you next time he visits, I won't let that bastard near you ever again."

I nodded against him, "That's enough... That's all I need... Thank you, Prince Wook." I whispered and smiled up at him, tearfully. I closed my eyes when he leaned in to place a soft kiss on my forehead, "I'll protect you, I swear..."

My eyes snapped open when I realised what we were doing, No, this isn't right. Prince Wook is a married man, I can't do this to Lady Hae. I quickly pulled away from Prince Wook's embrace as he stared at me with a hint of confusion and hurt over his features, I looked away from him, "I-It's late, you should return to Lady Hae." I muttered and he seemed to have understood what was happening.

He nodded, "R-Right... I'll see you tomorrow at breakfast then. Re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter