Chapter 11

Just A Nobody [A Scarlet Heart: Ryeo Story]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hae Rin's POV

I sat up from my bed, groaning as I felt a terrible ache in the back of my head. Oh right, must be a hangover from the drinking with Prince Baek Ah last night. Massaging my temples with a frown between my brows, I left my room after getting dressed up and was ready to check on Soo unnie to see how she was dealing with this pain of losing a loved one she and I shared. 

Heaving a sigh, I left my elder sister's room after realising she was not inside at all. I proceeded to roam around the household in hopes of finding Soo unnie or Chae Ryung. My eyebrows raised in curiosity when I saw all the princes huddled in a bunch at the courtyard, looking worried and panicked. Without a second thought, I approached them, "Good morning, princes. What are you all doing here, is something the matter?" 

They turned to look at me one by one with nervous expressions, "Oh, good morning Rin-ah. H-Haven't you heard..?" asked Prince Jung, as I shook my head, "About what? Am I missing out on something?" I felt my heartbeat accelerated, not liking their hesitant exchanged glances between each other. "And by the way, have any of you seen my Soo unnie? I couldn't find her anywhere." 

Prince Baek Ah gently placed his hands on my shoulder and made me look at him, "That's what we wanted to tell you about, Rin-ah." I furrowed my eyebrows, "What is it? Where is she? Is she okay?!" I asked, worry etched all over my face as I demanded an answer. Prince Baek Ah gave my shoulders a squeeze, "Hae Soo has been arranged to marry the King now that Lady Hae has passed away, Rin-ah." 

My eyes widened, No, she's the only family I have left. If she marries the King, I might never be able to see her again. Without myself realising, tears began to fall from my eyes and my head shaking furiously, "N-No... she's all I have left now. I can't lose her too, no!" I cried as Prince Baek Ah gently placed his arms around my frame, "I can't guarantee anything, Rin-ah. But we're trying our best to help Hae Soo escape this marriage."

I smiled gratefully to the princes with teary eyes and bowed, "Thank you so much, your majesties. I will never be able to repay you all for this." Prince Eun beamed and placed a comforting hand on my shoulder, "Yah, don't be silly. Now let's go get Soo and get her out of here together." I nodded vigorously as w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter