Two Freshmen and a Tree

Even If The Rain Falls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two Freshmen and a Tree
Minkyung, Kyungwon

“Minkyung man.”

“Yes, Kyungwon man?”

“Why are you trying to hide behind me?”

Minkyung mumbles something into Kyungwon's shoulder.

“You what?”

“Making friends is scary.”

Kyungwon snorts, shrugs Minkyung off her to a highly affronted ‘Heyy!’ and strides down the corridor as fast as her long legs take her. Which is pretty damn fast for someone with the longest legs in the team. Yes they measured.

“W-Wait for meeee~”

Kyungwon does not stop until she hears an “Oh my God I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry, I'm really sorry” that sounds suspiciously like Minkyung.

She turns and sees Minkyung bowing in apology to some guy who, on second glance, is most certainly Minkyung’s type. Tall - taller than Minkyung, dark and handsome with a jawline that you can cut yourself on, oh she  can feel Minkyung’s anxiety from this end of the corridor. Minkyung’s fingers twitch in the way that say help me but Kyungwon does not think she needs very much help at all. No one hits on two freshmen at once, right? Looks like there's nothing for her to do here but make her escape.

So Kyungwon winks at Minkyung and saunters off, not before carving Minkyung’s look of betrayal into her memory - serves her right for letting Siyeon into their snacks. Hmph.

Kyungwon forgets that they have practice that afternoon - well, she forgets it for as long as she does not see Minkyung, which is about three hours worth of various different classes. Then a decidedly annoyed Minkyung appears before her, grabs her elbow and drags her to the cafeteria without saying a word.

Kyungwon would much rather go find a cafe somewhere outside but it is true that their next class is in half an hour and the cafeteria is just average, not terrible.

She slurps her soup a little more loudly than usual on purpose when Minkyung plops her tray down opposite her but does not say anything.

Minkyung glares at her.

Kyungwon grins.

“So what's his name?”

The glare disappears to be instantly replaced with a look of confusion.

“His name?”

“Yeah,” Kyungwon scoops a cherry tomato onto Minkyung’s plate, “y’know, tall, dark, good looking that you bumped into in the corridor this morning?”

Minkyung’s eyes narrow, “Oh, you mean the you left me to deal with on my own?”

Kyungwon cringes a little into her spoon of rice, “Well, he looked like he was your type.”

Minkyung chokes on her soup.

“My type?!”

Kyungwon nods, puts her spoon down, checks off on her fingers, “Taller than you, nice sweater, amazing jaw, looked like he might have a nice smile too.”

Minkyung throws a clean chopstick at Kyungwon.

“He. Was. An. . And. You. Ditched. Me.”

Kyungwon giggles, having caught the chopstick in her hands, shrugs, “How was I supposed to know he was an ?”

“By staying and hearing our conversation?”

“Ah,” she waggles a finger, “but then there's no way he would have asked you out.”

Minkyung’s jaw does not look like it can drop any further, which Kyungwon thinks is an adorable look on her - should keep that up more to be asked out!

“Which part of he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter