That's Quite a Stretch

Even If The Rain Falls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

That's Quite a Stretch
Minkyung, Siyeon, Jieqiong, Kyungwon, Nayoung

“You’re not very stretchy, are you?”

Jieqiong stops mid-stretch, base of her palm over her toes.

“Huh?”

Minkyung sidles into the room, plops herself down on the floor, looks critically at Jieqiong’s fingers, “that’s a bummer.”

“What’s a bummer?”

Minkyung grins, “You?”

“Yah!”

“No, but really though, you’re not that flexible.”

Jieqiong is thoroughly and utterly confused. She can reach back and grab her toe while standing. What in the world is Minkyung talking about?

“Ah,” Kyungwon says from the doorway, “yeah, I guess.”

Siyeon snickers, “she’s not going to win us first place. It doesn’t matter.”

“Win what?”

“ISAC,” Minkyung says, rolls her eyes, “where have you been for the past day? So many amazing pictures, so much drama - you can totally see who’s dating who by how they’re sitting.”

“Practicing,” Jieqiong says, reaches over and touches the toes on her other foot.

“Boo,” Kyungwon says.

Siyeon sighs, “She’s our only hope too.”

“Only hope?”

Minkyung flops backwards and lies on the training room floor, “Our only hope. And so useless. Look at this,” she gestures vaguely in the direction of Jieqiong, “we should have traded her in for another one while we still could.”

“What are you talking about?”

“ISAC has gymnastics,” Kyungwon says.

“Yes,” Jieqiong says.

“Gym-nas-tics,” Minkyung enunciates each syllable as if speaking to a child who has never heard the word before. Jieqiong is finding it rather hard to not be affronted but is preoccupied with being confused and being both affronted and confused at the same time is kind of difficult.

The three of them look expectantly at her.

“...ok? I know what gymnastics is.”

Minkyung rolls her eyes.

Siyeon sighs, “Which one of you dropped her on the head when she was a baby?”

Minkyung and Kyungwon both point at each other.

“You’re not that much older than me! And I was not dropped on the head as a baby!”

“Yes dear,” Minkyung smirks, “but sometimes we can’t tell.”

Jieqiong sputters.

“What does gymnastics have to do with me?”

The three turn to her at once. Siyeo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter