lights start flashing

Even If The Rain Falls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“A little more- very good, just like this,” the shutter goes and Minkyung adjusts her gaze.

Beep go the lights then the photographer puts down her camera and grins, “Well, that’s a wrap on your solo portion, Roa. Let’s get you into the outfit for the next bit. Ladies?”

Minkyung nods, slinks off the chair towards the changing rooms, well aware of the gazes that follow her every step.

---

Junghyun looks up from her phone in the corner, “Oh. It’s you.”

Minkyung takes a sip of water, “Yeah, who else could it be?”

“Well,” Junghyun drawls, “Someone else opened the door just now, saw me, and then freaked out really badly. I swear they apologized so hard that the door forgave them too.”

“Someone else?”

Junghyun shrugs, “Probably a member of the staff or something. They were pretty tall though. Like maybe just shorter than you? Short hair. Looked like they were just about ready to pee themselves in fright but I was too busy to be nice so maybe they did pee themselves, I wouldn’t know.”

“You,” Minkyung says, “too busy to be nice?”

“I’ll have you know that I am kicking absolute at this game.”

“Actually,” Minkyung pauses, “Why are you even here right now? Shouldn’t you be at school or something?”

Junghyun shrugs but shoots her a glance.

Minkyung decides that some information is probably need-to-know.

---

Minkyung twiddles her thumbs as she slouches on the couch. At least there is a couch. Sometimes there is no couch, only some form of what must be modern art that is most uncomfortable to sit on. It is always those shoots that the photographers demand serenity and calm and zen and for goodness’ sake if you wanted zen at least make the sitting surface not pointy?

Tick tock goes the clock.

Minkyung has had to wait for longer so honestly an hour or two really is not that bad - though usually she is aware of how much longer she has to wait. Maybe this is one of those attitude things she heard about (but honestly has not seen all that much of in the industry though then again she is usually the only model for a shoot so…).

“...you’re saying her flight was cancelled.”

“Yes,” squeaks an assistant, “We only just got the information that her flight was cancelled due to inclement weather conditions and-”

“Well, what are we going to do then? We’re not going to be able to fit her,” the photographer jerks her head over at Minkyung, “in for another day before the next issue, are we?”

Minkyung shakes her head - her January is packed. (Well, there is one Thursday afternoon that is technically free but she would much rather not have to come back again. This is not Vogue. They will survive.)

The photographer takes in an extremely deep breath, “This is why I knew we should have just stuck to someone local for this contrast piece.”

“Well,” squeaks the same assistant, “technically you were the one who chose-”

“I know,” the photographer deflates, “I know. You don’t have to remind me, Yewon. I know that I make terrible life choices.”

“Well, this isn’t really a life choice so it’s not that bad, is it?”

“Your optimism is amazing, Yewon, but right now I need realism not optimism and I need someone to sit on the couch right next to her.”

Minkyung bites back a snicker. May she really should work with this photographer more often. She could always do with a little more levity in her life and they certainly have a good eye.

“You,” the photographer suddenly says, pointing to the back of the room, “Go put on that jacket.”

Minkyung follows her finger.

Hm.

---

Kyungwon is going to die. She knows it.

Today is the day that she is going to die.

First, the photographer she is supposed to be learning from was too busy and forgot that she was coming in today and asked her to go help people move clothes around. Which she supposes is not the worst thing ever because to be honest she’s never actually touched Balenciaga before today and that was most definitely the most Gucci she’s ever seen in one place outside of the Gucci store.

And then, she opened the door to the wrong room by mistake and holy that was Park Junghyun just sitting inside Roa’s room - what she was doing, Kyungwon had no idea but it didn’t matter because Kyungwon was not supposed to be there anyway.

And right now, said photographer is asking her to put on the new Supreme x Levi’s collection. Like, this is not happening. She is going to be murdered the moment she slips a wrist into that pink sleeve.

“Well,” Kang Yaebin frowns, “what are you waiting for?”

“Uhm,” says Kyungwon, decides that playing dumb is going to prolong her life and she kind of likes living, “Do you mean me?”

“Yes,” Yaebin says, “You’re 170 right?”

“171,” Kyungwon finds herself saying, then claps a hand over her own mouth as she realizes that the entire room is looking at her.

“Yeah,” says Yaebin, “So go put that jacket on. And those pants in the back - actually, do we have s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter