give you my simple, ordinary

Even If The Rain Falls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

给你我平平淡淡的
give you my simple, ordinary
Eunwoo/Jieqiong

“Eunwoo,” comes the voice from near her ribs, and Eunwoo looks up from her phone.

“Yeah?”

“You sure you don’t want to come to the party? Even for a while? Just five minutes?” Jieqiong pouts, “It’ll be fun~ You know Yaebin throws great parties.”

Eunwoo shrugs, “I just don’t really feel like it today.”

Jieqiong sighs, slowly sits up, runs a hand through her hair to neaten it, “Well ok then. Want to at least get something to eat?”

Eunwoo nods.

She doesn’t really know why she doesn’t want to go to the party tonight. Normally, Eunwoo would jump at the opportunity to hang out with their bunch of friends but for some reason all she really wants to do today is curl up under the blankets and watch a Disney movie. Maybe a cup of hot chocolate would be nice too.

“C’mon, lazybones,” Jieqiong cracks a smile, “You need to get out of bed to get something to eat.”

“Are you sure about that?”

Jieqiong rolls her eyes and Eunwoo sticks out her tongue.

They shuffle through the door of the cheap Chinese place that practically knows Jieqiong by scent.

Well, not really, but close. Really close.

Eunwoo waves at the lady boss who beams back at her before turning her full attention to Jieqiong. Eunwoo lets Jieqiong do her thing, finds her way to their usual booth, sits down, unlocks her phone and continues thumbing through the latest cute animal GIFs that Kyungwon’s sent to their group chat.

She looks up at Jieqiong’s laugh, at the way her eyes catch the light, her nose scrunches, opens way too wide. Jieqiong’s been here for only three months and she’s already got the boss wrapped around her little finger - it’s probably because they speak the same language, Eunwoo supposes.

“You sure,” Jieqiong says as she slides into the booth with a plate of dumplings, closely followed by the boss who puts a bowl of soup dumplings down at their table for Eunwoo, “You sure you don’t want to come?”

Eunwoo nods.

“How do I look?”

“Like you’re going to freeze,” Eunwoo says, when she really means wow.

“I’ll bring a coat, silly.”

Eunwoo rolls her eyes from her position on the couch. Jieqiong sticks her tongue out at her, expression turning to concern, “Eunwoo, you ok, buddy?”

“Eh?”

“Do you want me to get you anything on the way home?”

“Nah,” Eunwoo shrugs, “I’m good. You go have fun, I’m just gonna watch a movie and sleep early.”

“Aw, ok then,” Jieqiong says from the door, engaged in a battle with the shoelaces of her Dr. Martens, “well, have fun, and if I don’t see you til tomorrow morning, Merry Christmas~”

“Merry Christmas to you too~”

Eunwoo wakes up to her phone buzzing, to a loud, ALL I WANT FOR CHRISTMAS IS YOUUUU, which she is sure has to be Jieqiong’s doing.

“Hey,” comes Yaebin’s voice, “sorry to wake you up but can you come and take Jieqiong home? She might have punched a guy in the face and he might have passed out but it’s probably because he’s drunk but yeah can you come anyway? She’s probably a bit too drunk to go home on her own and while it’s normally ok if she stays...”

Eunwoo feels the sleep clearing from her brain. She turns off the TV which is halfway through one of the Harry Potter movies, she’s not even sure which one since she’s never actually watched them.

“Be there in half an hour,” she mumbles.

“Thanks bub,” Yaebin says, “see you in a bit.”

Eunwoo doesn’t like driving late at night - she’s once had a drunk dude try to get into her car thinking it was his ride when she was waiting for Jieqiong and boy was that equal parts terrifying and awkward.

But what she likes even less is having to make small talk with drivers late at night, so well, driving herself it is. Besides, it gives her a good chance to turn up her favorite songs and just let loose.

She pulls into Yaebin’s driveway halfway through a Girls’ Generation song

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter