Hands

Even If The Rain Falls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yewon’s doing the thing again,” Sungyeon whispers.

Yaebin looks away from the movie to see Yewon absentmindedly drawing circles on Eunwoo’s arm. Eunwoo lets her, leans her cheek onto Yewon’s elbow. Yewon’s eyes curve into smiles and she gently pats the top of Eunwoo’s head but she stops drawing circles and folds her hands.

“Ah,” says Yaebin.

Her eyes meet Nayoung's from across the room.

The thing. Yewon’s doing the thing.

Nayoung's eyes flick to Yewon’s still hands before she scoots closer to Yewon and starts playing with her hair. Yewon reaches back and squishes the other of Nayoung's palms in hers, the smile returning to her face as the eight of them watch Arnold Schwarzenegger dump the other robot into molten metal.

Some days, Yewon wakes up and cannot quite believe that she is a member of a girl group, let alone Pristin. Not that she thinks Pristin is particularly like, famous or anything, no she wouldn't think that way at all, but sometimes she cannot quite believe that Pristin is nine amazing girls and well, ordinary old Kim Yewon.

She loves them all dearly, she really does, but right next to them Yewon sometimes just feels well, like she is not special at all. She sings well but Sungyeon just exhales a run and Eunwoo-unnie's voice once made her cry. She dances well but Yaebin-unnie is the one that watches videos once and just gets it. She has a nice smile but Minkyung-unnie looks like she eats girls like her for breakfast. She knows English but next to Kyla she just sounds silly. She's not tall like the unnie line and she doesn't have legs for miles and she's shy and awkward and doesn't have the exposure of the other members and she's really just ordinary old Kim Yewon who practices really hard.

(Besides the fact that with the exception of Yaebin-unnie the rest of Pristin are trash at sports and Yewon is quite good at sports. So that makes her special. But not for most of the year when it doesn't matter if Yewon can out-balance them.)

Yewon still sometimes worries that the managers will come to their senses and ask her to leave. This fear is especially strong in the mornings when no one else in the room is awake except for her and she doesn't even know why she's awake when the others are asleep - did she just not practice hard enough yesterday to tire herself out?

Then Kyulkyung-unnie bursts into the room with a smile that broadens when she sees Yewon. Soft hands pat her head and squish her cheeks and Yewon decides to count her blessings instead of moping because Siyeon did once say that moping did no one any good.

Kyulkyung-unnie beams at her and Yewon feels a little special.

Yewon is not usually the clingiest of their members, Nayoung knows, but sometimes she turns it on to the highest degree and it catches some of the others off-guard. Not Nayoung. After the clingy touchy-feely fest that was IOI, she's never going to be suprised by arms in hers or a chin on her shoulder ever again.

As if on cue, Yewon wraps hands around her waist and nuzzles her shoulder. Nayoung pats her gently on the head and is rewarded with a broad smile.

There is one thing that Yewon recently started doing that no one else does to her though, which Nayoung will grudgingly admit did actually catch her off-guard.

The first time Yewon gently almost the entirety of Nayoung's arm, she nearly jumped a foot into the air, startling poor Yewon who then scuttled really far away into Kyungwon's waiting arms. Minkyung had laughed at Nayoung but it had taken a whole day before Yewon came back for cuddles.

Nayoung learnt then that this was not the first time Yewon had done it to someone, that this is her way of saying ‘I’m here’ and ‘I care’. Nayoung knows also she was lucky that Kyulkyung had been in China then and had not been around to smack her for spooking Yewon.

Yewon’s fingers play on Nayoung's skin again, gently squishing her arm then running her thumbs up and down the back of her hand. Nayoung lets her, understands that the girls do not always communicate with words and if this is how Yewon expresses her love then she'll take it any day.

Besides, Nayoung likes cuddles.

Yewon watches the others on Produce 101, braces on her teeth that make her consonants sound different and make her singing weird. It's strange how she was training with them just weeks ago and now they're appearing on national television

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter