my hearts(tr)ings

Even If The Rain Falls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Uh,” says Eunwoo’s new roommate, “it’s like 1am. Where are you going?”

Eunwoo grins sheepishly, ducks her head, “I just kinda want to check out the practice room facilities?”

Kang Yaebin rolls around on her bed, “Ok, text me when you reach there. Call me if you get lost.”

Eunwoo pouts, “We’re both freshmen. How will texting you help?”

Yaebin shrugs, “I can’t help but I’ll call a friend who can. Or the police. Or something.”

“I won’t need the police!”

Yaebin sticks out her tongue. Eunwoo flips her hair. They both laugh, Yaebin flaps a hand at Eunwoo but gets up from her bed and shuffles over to the door anyway, to lock it behind her.

As Eunwoo gathers her coat around her, she thinks that she must definitely have won the roommate lottery or something. Going to university, leaving her friends behind, staying away from home for the first time is all pretty damn nerve-wracking but at least Kang Yaebin from not-too-far-away seems like a nice person. Even if she keeps offering her health food. Eunwoo supposes that's what nice people do.

Her breath puffs up in the cold air, she feels the tip of her nose losing that tiniest bit of feeling like it always does in the winter. The music practice rooms are not that far from the dorm, or so it seemed like it on the map, but people somehow like to draw campus maps without pointing out important things like hills.

Hills.

Eunwoo does not like hills. Her middle school had had a big- hill in front of it and she had thought she was done slip-sliding up and down hills but no, no one told her that the music department here was up on the top of the hill. And now she is enrolled and her roommate is nice and it is too late to quit and give up, not that she really would have, but anyway it’s cold and it’s 1am and to be entirely honest, Eunwoo is really, really, really nervous.

Like she knows she made it in fine, but part of her is just worried, like, maybe that they’ll wake up and put a note under the door and say that Yaebin can stay but they made a mistake and Jung Eunwoo needs to go home.

She shakes the thoughts out of her head. No. Gotta be positive. Think positive. You can do it, Eunwoo. You know you can. The semester has not started yet, there’s still time to get used to the environment and be comfortable and her hands close over the door to the music building.

The door doesn’t budge even when she pushes it.

Uhm.

Oh. Right. Swipe cards. Eunwoo fumbles in her wallet for her card - it’s got to be somewhere in here, she got it literally just this morning, can't have lost it already - when a slim pair of fingers taps a card to her right and then opens the door.

“Oh,” Eunwoo mumbles, looks up from her wallet.

Eunwoo does not watch many dramas but she swears this has got to be one of those random cinematic moments. She looks up, stares into sharp features, wire-rimmed black glasses, a small smile and kind, gorgeous eyes. There’s no snow falling and there’s barely a breeze but holy moly there’s something about this fraction of a second that has Eunwoo stunned. This person's nose must have been made by angels… Good lord Eunwoo what are you thinking?

The other girl just smiles at her and gestures for her to enter.

“Thanks,” Eunwoo squeaks.

The girl’s smile broadens.

Eunwoo’s hear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter