Shocked.

My Man

 

Chapter 5

                Grandpa saw the two of us and he had this smile in his face that reminded me of those old days when we laugh at each others’ company. Nickhun and I went upstairs to the patio and told Grandpa about the half day we were together looking for him. He laughed and told me that he didn’t left the house. He is just sitting there the whole time and laughing at us while we look for him. Nickhun and I burst into laughter. It may be tiring but it is one of the best day of my life. Finally, Grandpa introduces me formally to Nickhun. These two were friends because Nickhun helped Grandpa when he collapsed in a nearby store.

                I walked with Nickhun to the gate and waved goodbye. Grandpa looked at me and asked, “Do you like him?”

                I smiled. I don’t know why I smiled. I never run of words like this before. But there is a thought of Nickhun that kept me on smiling.

                “Well, now, you’ll have 3 guy bestfriends.” Granpa said. I laughed and kept in mind the irony that my bestfriends are all boys. Grandpa teased me around that I’m one-of-the-boys. I just laugh and think about how will these guys be my bestfriend until the end.

                “Grandpa, have you taken your medication?”

                “Yes, I did, Yoona. Need not to worry. I just want you to be here with me if ever anything goes wrong.”

                “Why will it go wrong?”

                “Just wait my grandchild. Just wait…”

                That conversation ended when someone knocked on the door. There is a man about 6 feet tall and he had these large biceps that are really big. I asked him what he wants. He told me that he is my Grandpa’s nurse. I called Grandpa and he called, “Taecyeon?” The man smiled and replied, “Yes. It’s me Grandpa.”

                “Well, Grandpa knows you, come in.”

                “Are you Yoona?” He asked.

                “Seems like everyone knows me.”

                “Oh. Sorry, I just want to ask. Your Grandpa mentions you a lot. You make him stronger. You make him have a reason to live.”

                I was shocked with what he told me. Reason to live, you’ve got to be kidding me. I know that I resemble my Grandma but I don’t know that my Grandpa is in a life or death situation.

                “What exactly are you talking about?” I asked him. There is terror and anger in my voice.

                “He has a lung cancer. It is in level three already. You need to help him in his chemotherapy. He needs to have someone who will help him in every way possible.” He said with a worry that reflects his face and voice.

                I collapsed with tears on my eyes. My Grandpa screamed and that’s all I can remember.