Omo. A Letter.

My Man

Chapter 2

Eastree Restaurant is just across the street. We ran and Siwon was first to arrive. I slipped on the floor so I almost came in third but Donghae webt to buy something so I grabbed the chance to run. I was second to come. Donghae went in as the third.

                “You’ll treat us.” Siwon said.

                “Fine.” Donghae said.

                I was just sitting trying to absorb the fact Donghae kinda stopped and I became second because of that.  He just smiled at me when I stared at him blankly. In my mind, I was like, “Why did you did that?”

                We order the usual lunch we eat together whenever we go there. I can still see the piano across the table and I want someone to play it. I asked Siwon to play it so I can ask Donghae why he did that to me. Siwon stand up and go to the piano to play his original song. I asked Donghae why he did that and he said that he needed to breathe that is why he sort of buys something. I asked what he bought but he said he ate it already. I looked at him but I looked away as soon as he looked at me.

                Siwon finished his song and walked to our table. When he finally sits, the lunch we ordered is now in the waiter’s hands. We prayed first and then, we ate happily with our laughs filling the whole room. Many stared at us but we didn’t mind. We are used to that kind of stuffs. We finished our lunch and Donghae paid the bill.

                We walked across the street and go inside my house.

                “Hey, what’s this?” Siwon said.

                “Oh. That’s just… It’s just…” I mumbled.

                “What?” Donghae said with a terrified voice. I know he is joking because he is laughing after he spoke those words.

                “It’s a letter from Grandpa.” I said.

                “Ah. Well, we should get going. Donghae still needs to complete a routine as you suggested.” Siwon said.

                “Okay.” I said.

                Then, I walked with them to my house’ gate. I waved my hand and told that that I will see them soon. I ran in my house and grabbed the letter. I know that it is an old fashioned way that my Grandpa sends me a letter through snail mail, but I’m used to it. He loves snail mail because he wants me to see his awesome hand writing. I opened the letter.

 

Dear Yoona,

                I am sick for days. I don’t know what happened to me. I want to see you soon as you read this. I want you to help my doctor. I just want to see you so that I can regain my health. I told your mother about this but she told me she can’t go. I’ll see you soon my grandchild.

                                                                                                                                                         With love, Grandpa

 

                I was devastated when I learned that my Grandpa is not in a good shape. I packed my things and drive on my way to Busan. This will be a long day but I hope I can go there as soon as possible.