Shirts.

My Man

 

Chapter 4

                It’s a new day. Donghae called me to tell me if I made it here last night and to tell me good morning. Siwon texted me that he wants to see my Grandpa too though he can’t. Siwon and Grandpa are pretty close. They go out to play polo and they don’t want me joining them at this kind of game. These two guys are my bestfriends and they mean a lot to me.

                I take a bath and put my usual type of clothes. I wear my skinny jeans and a shirt that is comfortable to wear. The shirt was a gift from Donghae, it is a men’s shirt but I still wear it because Donghae told me that he made a mistake in labeling his gifts last Christmas and I don’t want him to get upset. I went to the kitchen and cooked Grandpa’s favorite dishes. I called him but he didn’t reply. I went to his room but no one is in there. I ate the breakfast I made then watch the show on the television. I got bored afterwards so I went out of the house. The neighborhood is quiet. It seems like I’m the first one to wake up. I walked to go to the park and I saw someone. He is wearing the same shirt Donghae gave me and a dog is behind him. I flustered when I saw him looked at me. He jogged towards me.

                “Hi!” He said. I didn’t answer. I don’t talk to strangers. But he continued to speak.

                “Are you new in this neighborhood? I have never seen you before. Where do you live?”

                “No. My Granpa lives here. So do I, I haven’t seen you before.” I said with a soft voice, still afraid of the guy.

                “Oh. Well, I’m Nickhun. Does your Grandpa live there?” He said pointing his finger at my Grandpa’s house.

                “Yes. What is it to you?” I said. There is a terror in voice but he is getting in my nerves.

                “Chill, I’m here to be your friend. See, we have the same shirt.” I covered my shirt with my hands. “I didn’t even plan it. Your Grandpa is like mine. I would love to be his grandchild but I can’t change my surname you know. He is a nice guy. I want to be just like him. I am afraid that he is in a terrible shape nowadays. He doesn’t come out of his house anymore. I visit him every day and he told me stories about his family. He is a warm-hearted man and I grew fond of him. I recognized that you are one of his granddaughters because of the pictures he showed me. You have a great smile and I am looking forward to meet you. But now that I met you something about you is interesting. I want to know more about you. I want to become friends with you, Yoona.” He said smiling. His smile is great. He is a good-looking guy. Not a Korean but I can tell he had lived here for years. I realized he mentioned my name so I blushed. I hope he didn’t notice it.

                “Well, I’m sorry I was rude a while ago. Yoona? Well, you do know my name. I hope we can be friends too.” I said with a smile.

                I enjoyed his company. I smile every moment I’m with him and it is still morning. I want to know what will happen if I’m with him all day. His face is hard to describe but I know for sure that every good adjective will describe it. Then, I realized that I’m looking for my Grandpa. I told him I’m looking for him. He proposed we look for him together so that there is a greater chance of finding Grandpa soon and so that we will know each other more.

                It’s noon and we still can’t see my Grandpa. I told him I have to go home and he insist that he will accompany me. I was glad I met him. If it weren’t for him, I’ll be looking for my Grandpa alone but still, I have to look for Grandpa. I made it home. Then, I saw Grandpa. He is sitting at the patio with a guitar on his lap. I smiled to Nickhun with a relief. At long last, I saw my Grandpa.