Chapter 8

Cast A Spell

Sana opened her eyes and stretched herself on the bed like she usually does. But something was odd. Something feels different. She looked around the room.

'Since when did my room ceiling colour change from pink to red?'

'When did I start having decoratives and vases in the room?'

'Wait!...This is not my room'

It was then that she felt another presence beside her. She slowly turned around and stiffened when she saw who was lying beside her.

The girl was facing Sana's side and seemed to be in deep slumber.

Sana looked around the room again trying to find any evidence on whose room this was. But she found nothing.

Her eyes trailed back to the sleeping figure this time admiring the beauty named Chou Tzuyu. Watching how the morning rays of sun complimented the girl perfectly.

With a soft smile on her lips Sana lifted her right hand and proceeded to delicately brush away the hair that was covering Tzuyu's left eye.

She then tried to recall the events of lastnight digging deep in her brain. She got flashes of Momo giving her a portion then she was drunk.

She closed her eyes trying even harder. It was then that she remembered a tiny but important fragment of what happened after she got drunk. A fragment of memory in the same room she was lying in right now.

"I am a witch"  She had announced proudly swaying from left to right.

Tzuyu giggled. "I can see that!" She said gesturing to Sana's witch costume.

"Phew!" Sana breathed out a loud sigh of relief. "She didn't believe me" But then another memory came in.

"No! I mean I am an actual witch" Sana frowned. "Wait let me show you"

She waved her hand in the air and suddenly her wand appeared. She smirked at the surprised reaction of Tzuyu.

"W-Wait! How did you do that?" Tzuyu said astonished.

"I can do more. See!" Sana said waving her hand in the air and forming magic sparkles.

Sana gasped loudly sitting upright on the bed.

"! I told her!" She held both of her hands on her head. She then started pacing back and forth in the room trying to think of something.

"What am I going to tell her when she wakes up? Stupid stupid Sana!" She muttered to herself.

"Wait! She was drunk too! So she won't remember I just need to get out of here"

She waved her hand and her wand appeared then she proceeded to wave it over her head teleporting herself.

Sana disappeared from the room. The sleeping figure sat upright leaning on the headboard of the bed. Unbeknown to Sana, Tzuyu had woken up long before her. Traits of being a supernatural creature.

With sad eyes Tzuyu laid her hand on the side where Sana was sleeping earlier, feeling the warmth that was still lingering there.

"Can't you just tell me the truth?"

----------------------------------------------------------------

Sana appeared in her own living room. She dropped down to the couch releasing a sigh of relief.

'don't stress! It's over for now' She thought.

She heard a tapping sound from infront of her. She looked at the direction of the sound. The first thing she noticed was the feet that was tapping the floor. She gulped knowing what was going on.

Her eyes trailed upwards to see Mina standing infront of her with her hands on her hips. Dahyun and Momo were behind her.

"Where the hell were you last night?"

"I-Umm-" Sana was unable come up with anything.

"I asked where were you Sana? First of all this idiot had to pass out" She pointed at Momo who instantly looked down "Dahyun can't carry her all alone so to go home I tried to find you but you weren't there. And this morning I come to know that Momo had made some kind of portion. Do you know how freaking worried I was?"

Sana understood that her best friend was worried. After all, she was the one who looks after them most of the time solving the stupid mess ups they do.

"I'm sorry" Sana said looking down unable to look at Mina.

"It's okay" Mina must have softened after seeing her expression. Mina sat down beside her patting her back.

"But seriously where were you?" Mina asked looking at her curiously. Momo and Dahyun had the same curious expression as well.

Sana stared at her friends before answering with a sigh.

"I don't exactly know where I was but I assume it was Tzuyu's room by the fact that she was sleeping beside me"

She heard couple of gasps and she watched her friends shocked expression.

Mina had her hands over . "Wait! Don't tell me! Noway!" Mina muttered confusing her.

"Ho! Look her hair is messy and she has that face" Dahyun said pointing at her hair.

"Wha-" she tried to question but got interrupted.

"Sana never knew you would be the type to throw yourself at someone" Momo said. And it was then that Sana finally understood what her friends were saying. She stood up hitting everyone of her friends head and got a chorus of "ouch" from them.

"Although I wouldn't mind that happening, but that didn't happen at all" she said to the trio who then said.

"So what happened between you two?"

She then dropped down on the couch grabbing her head.

"I dont know! I don't remember but whatever you're thinking didn't happen for sure" She answered.

"You don't remember anything? I remember everything" Momo said and then gasped keeping her hand over confusing Mina and Sana. Momo's eyes shifted to Dahyun who was glaring at her.

"You told me you didn't earlier! Were you lying?" Dahyun muttered through clenched teeth. Momo let out a nervous giggle infuriating the already furious Dahyun who then grabbed her hair.

"I swear something happened between those too" Mina muttered shaking her head at the sight of Momo getting beaten up.

"The part I remember is.." Sana started in a soft voice "I told Tzuyu i'm a witch"

The two who were fighting snapped their heads at Sana's direction with wide eyes. Mina also did the same.

Tension filled silence ensued for a moment before Momo giggled diverting everyone's attention to her.

"You meant your costume right? She wouldn't have known you're an actual witch right?" Momo laughed.

Dahyun and Mina also laughed nodding their head. But their laughing stopped upon seeing Sana's guilty expression.

"Tell me you didn't-" Mina started but Sana spoke before she could finish.

"I might have used some magic to prove that I am an actual witch" Sana said fiddling with her fingers not daring to look up at the faces that were glaring at her.

"Just tell me why I shouldn't kill you?" Mina said with her threatening voice.

Sana smiled trying to look innocent. "Because Tzuyu was also drunk and she might not remember the things that happened last night. I left before she even wakes up so she won't even know that she was with me" Sana explained.

"What if she does? I mean I literally remember all the tiny details of last night" Momo said and earned a slap on the shoulder from Dahyun who said. "Oh you do? Idiot! I'll deal with you later"

"Well then!" Mina started tapping her fingers on her chin "there's fifty-fifty chance. Let's observe Tzuyu's behaviour in school and if she does remember" Mina paused and turned to Sana "You're so dead" she finished satisfied after seeing Sana gulp in fear.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Chaeyoung observed Tzuyu from afar. Tzuyu would usually be engaged in a conversation with a group of people showing her kind smile to everyone. But not this time.

The girl was leaning on her locker eyes closed and muttering 'go away' to everyone who approached her. It was obvious the girl was in a bad mood. Usually Chaeyoung would irritate the girl even more and make her mood even worse. But today was different.

Chaeyoung held on to the straps of her bag and walked over to the vampire she loathed so much. For some reason she didn't loathe her right now. She pitied her.

"It's lunch time. Aren't you going to eat?" She said after stopping infront of Tzuyu.

Tzuyu groaned after opening her eyes to look at the person.

"You of all people should know that I don't eat" She said with the same amount of hate usually Chaeyoung displayed.

"Well you should. So that noone doubts you" She said. She saw Tzuyu eyeing her curiously.

"What happened to you? Why are you suddenly concerned about me? Are you becoming soft for me somehow?" The vampire questioned.

"Ofcourse not" why did she hesitate? Is she becoming soft for a vampire? Why is she suddenly pitying a vampire. Vampires are monsters. Monsters doesn't deserve pity and sympathy.

"Good! You shouldn't" Chaeyoung snapped out of her thoughts hearing Tzuyu's voice. "After all you are the one who will kill me"

"What?" Chaeyoung couldn't stop herself from asking.

"Three months right?" Tzuyu asked again confusing her.

"Huh?" She asked not being able to comprehend anything Tzuyu was telling her.

"You'll turn 18 in three months right?" Chaeyoung nodded to answer. "You'll be legal and you will finally get your powers"

She had forgotten about that. She had been waiting to get her powers for all these years yet she had forgotten about it. How?

Tzuyu straightened herself and stepped closer to Chaeyoung.

"Son Chaeyoung, I ,Chou Tzuyu, vows and gives you permission to kill me. I'll let you kill me without any struggle" Tzuyu whispered into her ear before taking a step back smiling.

Chaeyoung suddenly felt like she had a huge burden on her shoulder. But why? This was what she wanted right. To kill Tzuyu. To kill vampires. To wipe the entire vampire race.

"Why?" Chaeyoung choked out feeling difficult to talk eyes searching Tzuyu's to see the monster hiding behind the angelic face. But all she can see was the genuine smile. Not even a fake smile. A true genuine smile.

"Because you're a Vampire hunter ofcourse" Tzuyu stated the obvious chuckling as if she just made a joke "It's what you were born to do"

It was true. It was what she was born for. But why was she suddenly being weak. Tzuyu turned around walking away.

"And because i'm tired of living"

It was a soft whisper that Chaeyoung was sure Tzuyu didn't want anyone to hear. But she did. She watched the retreating  back of Tzuyu thinking deeply. Just how much had that vampire suffered?

She is supposed to kill vampires after she gets her powers. And she did want to kill vampires. But now she didn't. Not after all the things she had heard last night. The conversation between a certain vampire and her soulmate.

She wasn't suppose to hear it. She had seen Sana drag Tzuyu out of the party and she had decided to follow them concerned about Sana's safety.

That's how she had learned their story. A story that has dragged on for too long. A story that has yet to reach it's happy ending.

​​​​​​Chaeyoung snapped out of her thoughts walking towards the three witches who were now on their way to class. Witches? Yes she had also got that information last night.

She stopped infront of the three who had questioning looks on their faces when they saw her. Mina opened to speak but Chaeyoung beat her to it looking at the confused Sana. 

"Sana! I need to tell you something"

A/N: Yaay!! I updated. So now you all know what Chaeyoung is right?

Bye for now. hope you enjoyed this chapter.