Chapter 11

Cast A Spell

"You want me to take care of it?"  She asked loudly so that Mina who was in the kitchen can hear.

"Yes, I can't babysit her alone. Sana and Momo ditched me. So I decided to call you for help" Came the reply of Mina who was preparing the baby's food.

Chaeyoung sighed sitting down on the couch and eyeing the baby who was inside a cradle infront of her. The baby girl was flailing her arms towards Chaeyoung obviously wanting to he picked up from it. But Chaeyoung didn't get the hint. She is the youngest in her family and never had any experiences with them.

But that doesn't mean she didn't encounter one. She did ofcourse at many places. And with how those encounters ended, she would rank babies as the second on her hate list with vampires being the first.

A little cry escaped the baby's mouth when Chaeyoung didn't pick her up or even entertain her.

"Umm Mina!" Chaeyoung called out unsurely. "I think it's crying? And it's rapidly flailing it's arms? I think it's in some kind of pain or something"

Mina came out with a bottle of milk in her hand. "Who are you calling 'it'? She has a name Chaeyoung" Mina reprimanded the girl making her way towards them.

"Fine the tiny human is crying" Chaeyoung said pointing her index finger at the baby who was crying now.

"Hei baby" Mina picked up the baby and swayed from side to side patting her head which was on Mina's shoulder. "It's alright. I'm here" she kept on saying until the baby stopped.

"Chaeyoung call her Una. She has a name" Mina finally said glaring at Chaeyoung.

Chaeyoung pouted but still nodded her head looking at Mina who was now sitting down and giving the milkbottle to the baby. She had to admit Mina was cute making faces at Una just to make her smile.

"You're really no help" Mina said after a minute or so. And she really wasn't because all she did was make the child cry every time leaving Mina to pick her up.

"I think it- I mean she hates me" Chaeyoung announced when the baby started crying again and Mina had to pick her up from the bed.

"What did you do this time?" Mina asked sighing.

"Hei I didn't really do anything" she started explaining. "I was just making funny faces like you trying to make it laugh"

"Her" Mina corrected.

"Damn it! Her- yes trying to make her laugh" Chaeyoung finished.

"Well which face did you make?" Mina asked curiously.

So Chaeyoung made the face she had made by sticking two index fingers in making it wider and sticking her tounge out while her eyeballs rolled up dissapearing beneath her eyelids showing only the white space of her eyes.

"Eww!" Mina exclaimed looking away. "Just stop Chaeyoung. That's disgusting!"

Chaeyoung only shrugged sitting down the edge of Mina's bed while Mina swayed the baby humming to a soft song. To Chaeyoung the scene was a masterpiece. Although she hates the baby she can't help but feel happy seeing Mina take of her.

Soon enough the tiny devil was in slumber and Mina carefully put her down on her bed before turning to Chaeyoung.

"Stay here and watch her. I'll go back and prepare some food for us. Okay?" Mina said and Chaeyoung nodded.

She did watch over the baby when she was asleep. Atleast the little devil looked peaceful when she sleeps. But soon Chaeyoung got bored and went out to see what Mina was doing.

She entered the kitchen seeing Mina cutting vegetables on the kitchen counter. She didn't seem to notice Chaeyoung's presence.

Hands behind her back while she walked softly towards Mina whose back was facing her, she tip toed to gain some height so she can whisper in Mina's ear.

"Hei!"

A little shriek escaped Mina's lips before turning herself to look at Chaeyoung with a horrified face.

"You scared me idiot!" She said slapping the short one's arms who was laughing.

"Didn't I tell you to stay there and watch over Una?" Mina asked after she calmed down.

"Yes but she's sleeping and I'm bored" Chaeyoung pouted noticing how  Mina's expression change and her eyes darted to Chaeyoung's lips before turning around and continuing her work.

"J-Just go back" Mina said with a soft voice. "I'll be there after I finish cooking"

So Chaeyoung went back to Mina's room. But this time  she didn't stay still in one place like last time and started looking around the room.

"There's no harm in looking around my girlfriend's room right?" She asked herself.

She opened the top drawer of the dressing table. Neatly stacked books were kept in it. Chaeyoung opened it and saw information about witchcraft. She opened the second drawer where a photo album was placed.

After going through the photos in the album which were mostly of Sana, Momo and Mina, she opened the last drawer which only contained a dark thin wand.

"Woah!" She exclaimed picking it up and running her finger across it. "Cool! It's a real magic wand"

"Yess!! I always wanted to try this out!" She went infront of the mirror in Mina's room and posed infront of it. "Expecto Petronum!" She quoted a spell in Harry Potter pointing the wand at the Mirror.

Then she heard a soft laugh from behind her. She abruptly turned around surprised of being caught only to see the baby sitting on the bed while laughing at her.

"Oh! Aren't you in a good mood?" Chaeyoung said. "You want me to do it again"

She pointed the wand at the baby repeating her words. "Expecto Petronum!"

-------------------------------------------------

Mina was still cooking when Jihyo appeared out of nowhere.

"Oh hey Mina! I came to pick up Una" Jihyo said.

"That's great! She's sleeping in my room. Chaeyoung is there. You can go there i'll be finished in a moment" Mina said without turning back.

"Chaeyoung?" Jihyo asked before smirking. "Oh wait! Your girlfriend. Finally I get to see your crush of all time"

What happened next was total chaos with Jihyo making her way towards Mina's room and then Mina heard a loud ear piercing scream and another loud voice which she recognized as Chaeyoung's exclaiming 'OH MY GOD' along with a loud laughter from a baby.

 

A/N: Been a longtime. Sorry for the delay. I'm having a hard time writing these days. Writer's block maybe hehe. Hope you like this chapter.

Bye~