Chapter 12

Cast A Spell

Mina was not one to loose her composure easily. But this time she just couldn't, even if it was Chaeyoung who was the one on the receiving end of her anger.

After the ear piercing shriek which was definetly from Jihyo, Mina dashed into her room and halted in the doorway. She looked at Chaeyoung who was looking at the floor with wide open. Mina's eyes then went to the baby who was now smiling at her, but her eyes widened upon seeing her wand in the baby's hand.

"What the-" what she was about to say was caught in when her eyes landed on the floor. And her eyes went even wider if that was even possible upon seeing a doll that looked like Jihyo.

Yup. That definetly is Jihyo.

A minute or two passed as her brain added up the pieces finally understanding what had happened. And that was when she lost her composure.

"CHAEYOUNG!" She shouted and Chaeyoung's eyes lifted from the doll on the floor to Mina. "WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO?"

"I-I" The girl stuttered seeing the furious Mina "I just saw that w-wand i-in your d-drawer so I was just p-playing around with the b-baby. She w-wanted to h-hold the wand so I gave it to her. T-The next thing I know this girl I never saw c-came in just when the baby pointed the wand at the door and this l-lightning sort of thing came out of the wand and into the girl and she t-turned into a doll" Chaeyoung explained lowering her head seeing Mina's glare harden with each sentence she spoke.

"The !- I mean Fish!" Mina corrected as she remembered there was a baby. "You should have known she's a witch baby. She can do magic"

"But I thought witches can do magic after the witchcraft exam thingy. She's too small to have done that exam and pass right? I mean if so Sana's really really dumb" Chaeyoung said frowning after saying the last sentence.

Sighing out loud Mina sat on the edge of her bed after picking doll Jihyo which was lying on the floor.

"Witches are born with magic inside them. Witch babies have magic inside them. They just don't know how to use them. The magic is restricted after about the age of two for safety and allowed only after the witchcraft exam" Mina explained to Chaeyoung in a softer tone this time.

"So give a baby witch a wand and they can do magic?" Chaeyoung questioned.

"Yes! If they do it in the right way. And Una here did just that" Mina answered.

She inspected the doll and found a string attached to the back of the doll. She pulled on the string.

"MINAAA! OH GOD! HELP MEEE!!" Doll Jihyo exclaimed.

"You can fix this right?" Chaeyoung said picking up Mina's wand from the baby's hand and handing it over to Mina.

"I think I can. If the magic is not too strong"

Mina took a deep breath closing her eyes and pointing the wand at the doll. She read some incoharable spells and light came out of her wand into the doll.

"Damn it! The magic is too strong" Mina said after opening her eyes.

"But Momo said you were one of the strongest witches. Why can't it work?" Chaeyoung asked confused.

"Because babies magic are unstable and it also means that this baby's parents are powerful witches" Mina answered feeling more frustrated than ever.

"So what are we going to do now?"

"First I should call Momo and Sana"

--------------------------------------------------------------

And her two friends had the weirdest reaction to it.

"Oh my god! Where's Jihyo when I need her? I need to tell her that this time it's not ​​​​​​me or Momo-" she said with emphasis to the 'me or Momo' part "that screwed up this time"

"Oh wait! She's right here" Sana said taking the small doll in her hand.

"But I think I like this Jihyo better" Momo spoke. "She'll only talk when we allow her to" Sana and Momo snickered highfiving each other. Momo pulled on the string on Jihyo's back 

"YAHH!!! BOTH OF YOU WAIT UNTIL I GET BACK TO NORMAL!! MINA YOU BETTER FIX THIS SOON" was the only thing Jihyo could say.

 

"Now! Now Jihyo be a good doll and be silent" Sana said patting it on the head. "Wait even if you want to you can't"

And to make matters worse, they just had to bring Dahyun and Tzuyu along with them who were now taking Jihyo doll from Sana's hand.

"So you are telling us that this doll is your Clan leader" Tzuyu said eyeing the doll. "I expected her to be intimidating at least"

"Yeah" Dahyun agreed poking the doll's chest repeatedly before pulling on the string.

"Stop poking me!! Mina you ruined my image infront of these strangers" Jihyo said.

And Mina had enough finally taking the doll from their hands.

"Okay enough!" She said. "So tell me what are we going to do about this?"

"Well look at that?" Sana said. "Mina, I mean Myoui Mina who is more than hundreds of level ahead of us in witchcraft is asking for our help"

"I feel so honored. This is the best moment of my life" Momo said dramatically with her hands on her chest. Mina could only roll her eyes at her best friends.

"Do I have to say the number of times I saved your asses?" Mina said crossing her arms over her chest.

"Ooh" Momo said nudging Sana with her elbow. "Seems like we hit a nerve"

Sana also had to further. "Mina, is your ego hurt?"

"Enough!" Mina said with her low threatening voice which surely scared the two. "If you two don't stop teasing me I'll turn you two into a doll"

"Now" Mina said satisfied as the girls kept queit. "Tell me what I can do about this"

Sana was the one who answered her. "Easy. Ask Jihyo who her mother is and then we can go to our clan, find the mother and she'll turn Jihyo back to normal"

Mina nodded her head. "So I guess we have a trip to our clan"

"Woah! Really?" Dahyun jumped up and down. "We're going to their clan"

The three non-witches rejoiced jumping around cheerfully.

"Jihyo whose Una's mother?" Mina said pulling the string.

"IM NAYEON!"

-

-

-

"WHAT?" A surprised Mina choked out.

"Explains why you're magic wasn't powerful enough to break the baby's magic" Sana said as Momo nodded along with her.

The non-witches could only shrug to each other, clueless on who this Im Nayeon was.

 

A/N: That's it for this update. Hope you guys enjoy.