Chapter 1

Cast A Spell

"So I have highlighted the most important points and this time, make sure you learn all the laws of witchcraft which are just the basics of-" Upon hearing the sound of soft snores Mina looked up from her book to Sana whose head was buried on the dozens of notes and papers on the desk.

"Wasn't she planning on burning the midnight oil or something?" Momo said with a mouthful of gummy bears.

"Stop using your wand and magic power for useless things like that" Mina said and then proceeded to hit Sana on the head with her book. The sleeping girl jolted up rubbing the sore spot and glaring at the prime suspect.

"For godsake Sana just focus! This is why you failed the wichcraft permit four times, FOUR TIMES!" Mina shouted.

"Or the fact that she turned the examiner in to a half rabbit half turtle hybrid" Momo said earning a glare from the fuming Sana.

"Maybe just because YOU" Sana pointed at Mina "are a bad tutor" she stated boldly and smiling evily after that, not noticing the darkening aura behind Mina.

"Oh no you didn't just say that" Mono said. Sana looked at Mina and gulped looking at the infuriated Mina. She may be silent but the girl is a hazard when she is angered.

"How dare you say that.This time I'm gonna make you pass this exam for sure" Mina stated.

----------------------------------------------------

"I can't believe you kept me up all night" Sana said lying her head on the dining table.

"Stop blabbering and eat your breakfast and I swear if you fail this time I'll kick you out of this house" Mina said sternly.

Sana gestured her hand to the empty dining table. "But there is nothing for breakfa-"

She was interrupted when the table suddenly filled with food with a 'whoosh' sound. She looked at Mina who folded her arms one hand holding her wand and looked at Sana with a teasing smirk on her face. Sana pouted folding her arms as well.

"I hate it when you do that. I'm the only one who hasn't passed the witchcraft permit exam. Why am I the only one over 18 years who is not permitted to do magic" she muttered taking a bite of an apple.

"Then pass it this time would you" Mina said waving her wand over her head and her pajama changed into a school uniform immediately. Sana let out a loud groan.

"I thought you said not to use your wand and magic powers for useless things" Momo came into the dining room already to go to school. Mina guiltily looked away.

"Wait till I pass this exam and I'll show you what magic is all about" Sana said grumpily.

"If you pass right?" Momo said mockingly.

"It's a miracle you passed it on the second try i'm pretty sure if Mina didn't put up an all nighter with you, you'll be with me right now" Sana said.

"Atleast it worked on me, it doesn't seem to have any effect on you" Mono said. The two started grabbing each others hair and muttering curse words to each other.

"Doesn't it hurt any of your ego that I, the youngest one of us passed the exam on my first try and had the highest result" Mina asked effectively halting all the action.

The two looked at mina. After about a minute the two replied in sync.

"No! Not at all"

---------------------------------

"Good luck Sana!" Momo said to Sana hugging the girl firm hug.

"Make sure you answer all the questions" Mina said not even trying to wish the girl good luck.

"I'll try" was the only thing Sana was able to mutter as Mina waved her wand towards Sana who teleported to Japan specifically saying to their Clan.

"Are you ready for your FIFTH witchcraft permit exam Minatozaki Sana?" The examiner asked.

-----------------------------------

~2 hours earlier (when Sana was getting ready)~

The two witches who ARE permitted to do magic teleported themselves to their Clan area where the head examiner was resting. As the two young witches appeared she narrowed her eyes at them.

"Well well, Myoui Mina. For what do I owe this pleasure of your presence?" She questioned.

"Park Sooyoung or should I say Joy. I think you may have a idea or two about it" Mina said confidently with her head held high with a little nervous Momo cowering behind her.

"Is this about a certain brunette named Sana?" She asked again.

"Oh! Hit right on the bull'seye" Mina said. "I think your grudge of her turning you into a half rabbit half turtle have been going on enough. You think I wouldn't know huh? She may be stupid but I know she can answer the questions which she by hearted"

"That's what I like about you Mina you never beat around the bush. Just come straight to the point. So I'll do the same for you. What proof do you have that what you're saying is correct?" Joy asked.

Mina stepped forward slowly and daringly. Joy didn't show any emotions of fear but Mina can feel it from the girl. She stopped infront of the girl leaning a little bit so that their faces can be close enough.

"If the lowest ranked witch can turn you into a half rabbit half turtle accidently, just imagine what the Highest ranked witch can do to you purposely" Mina said with a soft threatening voice and finally joy seemed to show her fear.

"What do you want me to do?" her voice shaking.

"Just be fair while taking the exam this time"

 

A/N: A little about the life of the trio. Other characters will be introduced at the upcoming chapters. A big thanks to the ones who commented and upvoted. Hope you like this story.