Siblings

Replaced
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Chanwoo, how are you feeling, honey?”

The voice of Chanwoo’s mother stopped him from reading the book Donghyuk gave him. He looked at the source of the voice to see his parents and his older brother, which surprised him. “Hyung?” Chanwoo managed to mumble. They all smiled at his shocked face. “Yes. Your brother just got back from Japan to see you” His mother explained. “What were you reading there?” His father finally asked what he has been wondering ever since they came.

“Oh this? The members gave me this, it’s like a compilation of their letters for me, I guess.” Chanwoo explained. As soon as he finished telling them what he was reading, his dad gave a weird look to both his mom and his brother and went closer to Chanwoo. “About your members, Chanwoo. Honestly, both your mother and I don’t want you to continue your contract. The company have been obviously irresponsible with their artists. But after I talked to your members I decided that it’s all up to you now. It seems like they care about you a lot. You’re a grown man now, I trust you to make your own decisions.” His father explained. Chanwoo looked at his mom and his brother after he was done explaining. He could see his brother clearly not happy by what his father just said. Not that Chanwoo was surprised, though.

“Thank you, Dad. I think I just need more time to decide on that.” Chanwoo replied. His father nodded in understandment. “You will be discharged from the hospital soon” His mother suddenly stated. Chanwoo smiled at her. “I know. I’m so not going to miss this place.” All of them laughed at Chanwoo’s comment. “We bought you non-hospital food so you could bare your last day here, honey” Chanwoo was genuinely happy hearing his mother’s statement. “Thank you so much! I missed your cooking to bits, mom” His mother scrunched his hair in fondness and kissed his cheeks. “We missed you so much more, Chanwoo.” She replied.

“I guess we’ll be going soon. We’ll pick you up tomorrow once you’re discharged. Okay?” His father announced suddenly. Chanwoo nodded and said his goodbyes. When both of his parents approached the door to exit, his father turned back as he noticed his oldest son didn’t intend to leave as he didn’t move. “Aren’t you going with us, son?” His father asked.

“You guys can go on ahead. I wanna stay with Chanwoo here for a while.” He said suddenly which surprised Chanwoo. He hasn’t been really that close with his brother. What is he planning?

“Well, okay then. Don’t get back too late.” Chanwoo’s father said as he left with his mom. Chanwoo then took a look at his brother with confusion clearly written in his face. “Is it really that hard to believe that I want to talk to my younger brother?” He asked with a playful voice. “Actually, yes” Chanwoo replied shortly causing the other to laugh. “Well, unlike what it has seemed, I actually care for you bro.”

Chanwoo gave his brother a questionable look. “You ignored me for years. You never even contacted me when you moved to Japan. Even when I had a tour there, you never visited me. I even contacted you that I was there that time.” Chanwoo said obviously hurt by what his brother has done for the past years. His brother then looked at his younger brother as he sighed. “And you know for what reason.”

Chanwoo the groaned after hearing his short explanation. “Hyung. I know you never liked the path I chose. But this is my life, and you need to accept that.” His brother

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter