Chapter II

Take A Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

All the students in our school are mandated to live in the school's dormitory. We also have a curfew of 10pm and visitors are only allowed every Saturdays. We are allowed to go home every weekends, too. I really don't mind those rules and honestly, I'm quite relieved that they have those here. It means that it'll lessen the chances of meeting people.

Tzuyu and I don't go home every weekends because she lives in Taiwan and I'm not allowed to go because my brothers and father lives with my Mom now that I'm attending college. I used to live with just my Mom six years ago and my doctor told us that it would be the best if they stay away from me until I recover. But now that I'm in college, there's no reason for them to live separately.

It's Friday today and we are on the gym. I'm tying my laces while Tzuyu is stretching beside me.

"I hope we're on the same team today. I don't want to lose." She said after a while.

"You won't lose even if you're on the other team." I stated then stood up to tie my hair. She was doing the same when she answered me.

"Of course. That is, if you're not going to play, which I doubt."

We are in the locker room changing in our shirts, shorts, and rubber shoes because we are playing volleyball today. And I'm very excited. I did mention before that I joined sports, didn't I? Well, volleyball is one of them. I and Tzuyu decided to try it out on our freshman year and we loved it. I feel like I don't have to worry about anything everytime I play in the court. It's like... I'm normal again.

"Come on. Where is your confidence?" I nudged her as we walk out of the locker room and into the gym.

"It left when you became the best player on our freshman year and beating the higher years like you've been playing this game since you came out of your mother's womb." She retorted with a roll of her eyes and I laughed at her. Silly.

"If it's any consolation, you used to beat me before."

"Okay, that was twice. The first time, you were sick and the second time, you were injured. Should I be proud?"

"Cheer up, woman. You don't have to show me your feisty side now. And besides, you're the captain of the volleyball team. That's something to be proud of." I tried but she just crossed her arms.

"Only because you don't want to be a part of the team." She clicked her tongue and I just shrugged my shoulders.

The school sometimes compete with other schools so I turned the offer down because I don't want to risk it.

"I give up. You win." I sighed, defeated. She giggled then linked arms with me.

"At least, I won over something. Let's hurry." She then dragged me and I just chuck

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter