Chapter I

Take A Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I'm not normal. No, not the 'I-have-a-supernatural-ability' kind of way. Or 'I-have-extra-limbs' or something like that. I just... how do I explain this?

Erm.. Well.... I can't be near a guy, let alone talk and be friends with one. I freak out, I hyperventilate, and sometimes, I faint. My body freezes and I, often times, run away like a herd of horses or cows or bulls are after me. It even came to a point where I became afraid of babies and kids. It's been six years since I became like this and I don't see myself recovering for the next ten years or so. No matter how many times my family gets me treated, the results are still the same. I just can't get over my fear of men.

Maybe you're wondering how I live my everyday life. Let me tell you this. It's not easy, considering that I have four older brothers and I still have my dad. I'm the youngest and the only girl so they treat me like a baby before all of this happened and seeing me like this pains them and they kinda blame themselves, saying that they didn't protect me enough.

I don't, though. They did everything they could, it's my fault.

You might be thinking that maybe now they're doing everything in their powers to always be there for me and not let a single guy be close to me, but you're wrong. They're not exceptions to the rules. Well, maybe a bit because I can talk to them through phone and video calls but that's the closer they could get. And it took us two years to get there.

Mom's the one who's 'physically' there for me since she's the only one who can get close to me amongst my family. Ever since that incident, she's been my rock and I don't know if I could survive it if it weren't for Mom. Of course, Dad and my brothers are also there to support me but for the first few months they really can't do anything except to just stay away from me.

I tried to be normal like the other girls my age. Joining clubs and sports in my school makes me feel like I am just like them, doing normal things a typical girl would do. But who am I kidding, right? How can a girl who has phobia of boys be normal? I can't even cross the street without being scared that a guy might touch me or be near me. Everything is so overwhelming and try as I may, I can't control myself from reacting the way I do everytime I see a man.

"YUMI!"

I looked up from the book that I was reading when I heard Tzuyu, my best friend, shout my name. I smiled as I saw her running with a huge grin on her small face.

We became friends on the first day of college when she saw me shaking and sobbing inside the girls' bathroom.

A guy thought it was fine to tap my shoulder and wink at me with a mischievous smile plastered on his face and I froze as I felt all the color leave my face. I ran as fast as I could and went inside the bathroom to calm my nerves and stop myself from crying. The boy's smile was still clear in my head causing me to shake violently and cry harder. I closed my eyes and buried my face in my arms on top of my bended knees as I sang the song my Mom used to sing to me when I'm having these episodes.

"C.. close y-your eyes.. li..little g.. g.. girl." I started as I gasped for air to calm myself and closed my eyes to focus on singing. "Y-you're a.. p-princess now... you.. you own t-this world."

I thought that since I attended an all-girls college, I won't meet any boys here because even the staff and faculty are females but of course, it's the first day and the school allowed visitors to send their daughters or sisters off or something like that to college and say their last farewell.

I cleared my throat and hugged my knees tighter then continued. "Twirling i-in.. y-your tw.. twirly dr-dress.. you're.. you're the l-love.. liest.. far a-above the.. rest."

I feel myself slightly relax as I sang the last line and breathed out.

"Hey, are you okay? Why are you crying?" I didn't notice the bathroom door creak open so I was startled when I heard a girl's voice. I quickly looked up from where I was sitting and saw the most beautiful girl I had ever seen in my entire life.

She has long brown hair that falls past her shoulders, her face a perfect definition of beauty, elegance, innocence, and gentleness rolled into one. Her alabaster skin so flawless, it looked like she's shining or glowing or something. And her eyes, her brown eye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter