Chapter V

Take A Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 

"You told her what?!" Mark looked at her incredulously.

They're in his apartment that his parents bought for him so he will have a place to stay while in Seoul. Tzuyu's parents will also stay there until they go back to Taiwan. They just came yesterday and just like Tzuyu said, her parents are only paying a visit and will stay for only two weeks. Mark's main job is to watch over his cousin, as requested by her brother so he moved to Seoul to study. And her parents are thankful for that.

Tzuyu just finished telling him about Yumi's condition and the phone call that they had a while ago. Mark was pacing around his room while Yumi sat on his bed. Her parents are already resting in the other room because it's already late.

Tzuyu and Mark are really close despite the three-year . People often times thought that they are really siblings. Strangers sometimes think that they're dating because of their closeness.

Her older brother and Mark are best friends, too so when Peniel went overseas to pursue his passion for photography like he told Tzuyu, he entrusted her to Mark and Mark, being a good friend and cousin, agreed and the rest is history. Mark's family took her in since her parents are away and they treated her like their own.

"I'm sorry, okay? I can't think of any other way to make her believe that you're harmless." She fixed the creases on his bed while Mark continued to gawk at her.

"Can't you just tell her that I haven't, won't, and never hurt a girl, or other people for that matter?"

"You weren't listening, were you? She doesn't even trust her own father and brothers enough to let them be in the same room with her. How would you expect her to react with you, a mere stranger?" She crossed her arms with a frown.

Mark ruffled his brown hair in frustration and slumped down on the bed beside her. Tzuyu felt sorry for him but she doesn't know what to do or what to say to put Yumi's mind at ease.

"So you told her I am gay, instead?" He asked, still not believing that her cousin would even think of that excuse.

When Tzuyu told Yumi that her cousin's gay, there was a pause on the other line, the latter stunned at the 'revelation' and didn't know how to react. A guy as goodlooking as Mark is gay, wow.

The younger nodded her head at his question.

"And she believed you?" This is the other reason why Mark is so upset and confused. Did he ever do something for her to believe that he's really gay? His clothes? His face? His movements? His mannerisms? Anything? Because the last time he checked, everyone thinks that he's very manly and full of swag. He can't even think of something that might give her the impression that he's crossed that line.

"Yes. Well, she was unbelieving at first but after showing her some evidences--"

"Evidences? What evidences?" Mark eyed her suspiciously and she quickly sunk lower on the bed with a pillow covering her face. "Chou Tzuyu, what evidence are you talking about?" She flinched when Mark said her full name, which meant that he's serious. His voice was low, dangerously low and she knew that she's in trouble.

She slowly lowered the pillow to glance at the older male and she felt scared suddenly. Not that Mark will hit her, no. He had never laid a finger on her and he doesn't let anyone do so. She's afraid that he might get so mad he'll ignore her for days. The last time that that happened was when Mark's ex-girlfriend, Meili, broke up with him because Tzuyu told her she's not good enough for Mark. He was so pissed, he didn't show up in the Chou's house for weeks and didn't fetch her to school like how he used to.

In her defense, Mark is better off without that two-faced gold-digging cheater, she's still wondering what he had seen in her. Meili will always be all smiles to her and act as if she's an angel but behind Mark's back, she's all mean and blunt to Tzuyu. She would ask Mark to buy her things that she wanted, and the things she wanted were never cheap. Then Tzuyu caught the older girl with another guy one Saturday afternoon, and decided to confront her right then and there. Meili, being an actress, pretended as if she doesn't know Mark's cousin or what the latter is accusing her off. The next day, Meili broke up with Mark and made up stories, saying Tzuyu was always hostile and mean to her behind his back and she couldn't take it anymore

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter