Chapter VII

Take A Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

 

 


The day ended and it was now time for dinner. Feeling drained because of school, we decided to order chinese takeout since Tzuyu's missing chinese food and I kinda grew tired of eating korean food, and we don't have any energy left to cook. While waiting for the food, we talked about everything that we did during the weekend. It was nice talking to someone about my day because it felt like I'm not alone. It's also good to know that someone is willing to listen to me and trust me enough to tell me their stories. It's nice to have a friend.

We were laughing at something Tzuyu said when we heard a knock on the door. She immediately stood up from the floor and dusted herself off.

"Food's here!" She excitedly ran to the door and I giggled at her action. "Good evening, Mrs. Kwon." She brightly greeted the kind lady. The school has staff who receives and delivers food and packages to the students' room. That's because no outsider is allowed to go inside the school on weekdays.

Tzuyu chatted with her for a while so I decided to clean the floor where we will sure be eating the takeouts. I was about to pick up the pillows when my eyes caught the plush that Mark had given me.

'Give him a chance, Yumi.'

I shook my head and resumed picking all the things littering the floor. After putting everything in their right places, I sat back down on the floor waiting for Tzuyu.

"Have a good evening, Mrs. Kwon." She bid her goodbye and waited for the older lady to leave before she closed the door.

I helped her with the bags and after saying our thanks, we dig in and stuffed our faces with food.

"Man, this is good." She said and attacked the dumplings. I agree, this is so good. I think I'll change my citizenship to Chinese if I get to eat delicious meals like this everyday.

The boxes and containers were wiped clean, thanks to Tzuyu and her huge appetite. I chuckled and started cleaning up before placing them on the trash bin near the sink.

"I'm so full, I can't move." She complained while lying on the floor.

"That's what you get for not giving me some dumplings." She stuck her tongue out at me playfully. I shook my head at her childishness and sat back down. A small paper bag caught my attention so I took it. "Oh, there are fortune cookies here."

"Oh, oh, oh! Give me mine!!" She was beside me in an instant. I thought she couldn't move? Oh well. I guess someone's a believer of fortunes. "There are two, perfect." Grabbing one, she lightly nudged me then nodded towards the last cookie in the bag impatiently. I sighed then took the last one. When we were both holding a cookie each, she counted to three before we cracked them open at the same time.

"Helping a person will not necessarily change the world, but it will change the world for that person." She read out loud then tilted her head to the side. "That was deep." Shrugging, she looked over my shoulder to peek at mine. "What does yours say?" She eagerly asked. I chuckled then focused my eyes on the little paper I'm holding.

"Take a chance because you'll never know how absolutely perfect something could turn out to be."

I felt my heart jump and that reaction really confused me. Why did I become nervous all of a sudden?

"Mark."

"What?" I turned my head to my side to look at Tzuyu. Why would she say his name?

"Mark. He just texted me."

Oh. I breathed a sigh of relief, wait what? Relief?

"I'm going to wash up first, okay?" Tzuyu said to which I unconsciously nodded. When the bathroom door closed, I quickly threw everything in the bin and leaned on the sink.

'Take a chance...'

Snap out of it, Yumi. What's wrong with you? That paper meant nothing, okay? Since when did you believe in such things? Forget about it, don't let it bother you. Yes, I should just forget what it said. Right, right.

I decided to read the book that I borrowed from the library to distract myself. Besides, I'm almost done so I'll just finish it tonight and return this tomorrow.

I sat on my bed, my back resting on the headboard as I flipped the book to where I left off.

"If you continue living in fear then how would you know if the chance that you're so afraid of taking is the only way for you to get out of the dark? How would you see the beauty of things if you're too busy searching for the ugliness in everything? How would you experience new and more wonderful things that are ahead of you if you keep looking back? How would you embrace the good things life wanted to give you if you treasure all the worst that it had thrown your way?" The queen asked her princess while brushing her hair away from her face.

The little princess looked up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter