Chapter IV

Take A Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Miru walked back to her daughter's dorm and found Tzuyu and the guy from a while ago still in there. Tzuyu was biting her nails, looking worried and guilty while the guy fidgeted on the chair. The two young ones looked at the newcomer and the girl hurriedly ran to where Miru is.

"Where is Yumi? Is she okay? Can I see her?" Tzuyu asked, panicking. The older lady can't help but smile at the young one for her genuine concern for Yumi.

Yumi's mom held her daughter's friend's hand and lead her to the bed so that they can talk. Miru is aware that her daughter only told Tzuyu SOME information about what had happened to her when Yumi explained her condition. And Tzu was nice enough not to ask any more than what was said to her, though, she might not say it, but she's dying to know everything. She realized that whatever happened to her best friend for her to be that traumatized is so horrible that Tzuyu doesn't want her to recall all of it, let alone share it to her. So she kept shut and protected Yumi in the best way she can.

It was actually the first time she saw Yumi have a panic attack. How she looked horrified and pale is still vivid in Tzu's mind. The way her body shook so great like she's having a seizure, the way she cried like she's in great pain, all of it was clear in Tzuyu's head. That's why she refused to leave until she made sure that Yumi's okay.

"She's fine, now. Don't worry." Miru broke her out of her thoughts. She bit her lip and hesitantly nodded her head. "It's not your fault, Tzuyu. Yumi doesn't blame you. I'm not blaming you, either." She faced the guy and smiled. "And you, too. It's no one's fault." The guy nodded unsurely and bowed his head. She looked back at the girl in front of her. "You should get going. You're meeting your parents, right? Yumi told me last night." She gave them both a comforting smile before standing and going to Yumi's things then took the papers that she needed to pass today. After placing it inside her bag, she faced the two young adults and smiled again. "Have a safe trip, you two." She nodded at the both of them then walked her way to the door.

"Wait!" Tzuyu called out and ran to Miru's side and sighed. The latter faced her and tilted her head to the side, waiting for the girl to speak. The girl looked up and fiddled her fingers before speaking. "Can you tell her that I'll call tonight?"

"I will." Miru pat her head lovingly then made her way out of the room.

---

Miru and Yumi went to Miru's friend's cooking and baking class as a way of bonding and to distract Yumi, too and it luckily worked. The two enjoyed learning new dishes and pastries and interacting with all the ladies that attended that day's class. Yumi forgot about the incident that morning as she laughed and talked happily with some girls her age and women twice her age.

At 5:30 in the afternoon, her mom dropped her off to school because it's already past visiting hours and she's not allowed to sleep in her daughter's dorm. Yumi unbuckled her seatbelt and leaned to her mother to kiss her on the cheek before saying her goodbye.

"Will you be fine on your own, tonight? I can stay here in Seoul for a couple more days and we can go to a hotel to--"

"I'll be okay, Mom. Don't worry about me. Besides, I have to study tomorrow for the upcoming exams so I will be busy." She assured Miru and the older lady nodded her head in understanding.

"If you say so. Call me if you need anything, okay? I'll see you next week. I love you."

"Love you, too Mom. Drive safely. Say hi to the others for me." She stepped out of the car and waved her hand at her Mom. The window on her side rolled down so she bent forward and looked at her mother.

"Oh, and Tzuyu's going to call you later."

"Got it."

Yumi stood there, watching her Mom's car disappear into view before she went inside the school. The sun is just about to set as she took her time walking along the school's garden. There aren't much people outside at this time of day. Some went home and some are inside their rooms since visiting time is over. She closed her eyes and tilted her head up as she f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter