Repression

Butterfly

Sana pushed her glasses up as she looked down to her notepad, leafing through the pages of her previous session’s notes as the red-haired girl strode in.

“Take a seat, Ms. Hirai.”

“Yah, no need to be so formal, Ms. Minatozaki.” The curvy girl sat on the long, red and plush chair as she leaned in to the doctor. “It’s like our fourth meeting now. Can I call you Sana now?”

“How about you call me doctor?” Sana looked up to the smirking girl that rested her chin on her hands. “I’m sure it would be nice to add that to your list.”

“I had a doctor before.”

“Yeah?” The psychiatrist leafed through the book to the newest page. “Gynecologist?”

“Oh, haha, because I’m into womanizing, right?.” The girl leaned back on the chair and tossed her long legs up, her denim shorts amplifying their iness. “She was my cardiologist. I was seeing her because I thought I had a heart problem for fainting a lot during dance classes. Also, because cardiologists get the heart beating nice and hard.”

“Right.”

“You know, she tried to come onto me.” Momo leaned back and stared at her pretty doctor as she straightened her black t-shirt. “I mean sure she was hot, but I didn’t think I had a chance, y’know? Until I asked what I should refer to her, since she was being up in my space. Not that I minded, but I’m the one usually doing the wooing.”

“This is certainly a lame attempt at that,” Sana observed. “I see my advice of abstinence is working.”

“Hey, you’re a psychiatrist, stop demeaning me.” The doctor tugged a corner of her lips as she looked to her patient’s pout. “Oh, that’s really cute…”

“Momo- “

The patient jumped onto the doctor, her hands on her shoulders.

“You are too beautiful,” Momo breathed. “I can’t stop it; your adorable features would be so amazing when I-!”

Momo yelped and recoiled back to her chair when Sana tazed her at her side.

“Remember,” Sana reminded as she pocketed her non-lethal weapon. “We’re working on your overly enthusiastic libido, Ms. Hirai.”

“I can be Mrs. Hirai if you want,” Momo said with a wink. “Or call me Mrs. Minatozaki. Take your pick.”

The doctor rolled her eyes.

“How about you call me…”

Momo’s eyes perked up.

“Anytime…”

Momo grinned.

“You get into a ual misdemeanor.”

Momo deflated.

“Remember, Ms. Hirai.” Sana took her glasses off. “You’re doing this for your sister, who is worried sick that this problem is going too far.”

“Screw my sister!” Momo stood up in anger. “I’ll screw you because I’m too on, you’re too goddamn pretty, and this ‘hard-to-get’ scenario is really !”

Sana stood and placed her arm onto Momo’s shoulder as a barrier.

“Momo.” The doctor’s voice was low. “Do I need to pull out the syringe?”

The patient stepped back.

“N-no thank you,” Momo replied hesitantly. “I’ll just, sit back down- “

“You do know that if you get out of line, I will have to use forceful methods.” Sana stepped forward, causing Momo to trip back onto the sofa. “It won’t just be a syringe after a while.”

“So this doctor.” Momo continued her story. “I tried my usual flirting tactic of asking what I should call her, Ms. or Mrs., right? Then she’s the one that said to me, ‘Call me anytime,’ and gave me this really, really y wink. And it was then I realized, I was really gay, and I really, really wanted women.”

Sana sat back down and pulled out her pen, content with her threat. She still glared at Momo, causing the patient to raise her legs onto the sofa. Once her orders were followed, the doctor smirked as she continued writing her notes.

“I don’t know.” Momo sighed. “It’s just, the really good looking ones are really soft and smooth. They are really nice to hold, cuddling can get really nice. And then there’s the noises you can make when you get really deep- “

“Ms. Hirai,” Sana interrupted. “Could you describe this cardiologist?”

“Hmm.” Momo bit her bottom lip in thought. “She had like this, shoulder length of lustrous, brown hair, shiny brown eyes, some really sharp features, the sweetest smile, and- “

“Like this?”

Sana pulled out a picture on her phone, fitting exactly with Momo’s description. The woman in the picture was wearing a crisp, white button-up, two fingers raised to her cheek as she smiled widely. The background was at some fancy restaurant, but it was too white-washed to really make out any other details.

“Yeah.” Momo sat up hesitantly with furrowed eyebrows. “H-how did you-?”

“You do realize this is a photo of your sister, right?” Sana kept her grin as Momo leaned back with wide eyes. “And that the descriptions of the girls you slept with most often, based on past sessions and your sister’s accounts, fit the same type of women you like?”

“Oh, no.” Momo stood up with a shaky laugh. “Nuh uh, I’m not attracted to my sister!”

“I’m not saying you were,” Sana responded calmly. “I was only going to ask what happened before you met with that cute cardiologist of yours.”

Momo grunted before she hesitantly sat down.

“I, uh, broke up with some guy.” Momo rubbed her face with both of her hands. “He was no one, just forget it.”

“Alright then, that’s fine,” Sana said as she sat back. “We’ve made good progress for now, but since we still have a lot of time left-”

“Can we-?”

We can,” Sana said in Japanese. “Talk more about your love life in case this isn’t an offshoot of a repressed Oedipus Complex.”

A what now?

“Don’t think about your sister too much.” Sana stood up with a smirk and snapped her book closed. “Just think about your previous bedroom encounters in great detail, think about it, and then we’ll continue, okay?”

“A-alright…”

“Good, now take five.” Sana stepped to the doorway. “Cafeteria’s is straight ahead to the left, got it?”

“Y-yeah.” Momo’s body froze. “Hey, you just spoke Japanese!”

“I never said I wasn’t.”

Sana stepped out of the room, ballooning her cheeks to stop the giggle. She had to power walk away from her to the employee room. She barely entered the room before she broke down in laughter. She didn’t care if anyone else was there, but she was helped up from her weakened state.

“Jihyo again?” The girl looked up to a handsome face, who smiled at her. “What did she say this time?”

“No, no,” Sana quickly denied. “It’s Hirai Momo.”

“The with a sister?”

“Yeah, yeah,” Sana confirmed. “But get this; I just told her that she might be in love with her sister!”

Jeongyeon bit her bottom lip to hold it in, but joined Sana in laughing.

“Wait, wait, hold I need some coffee!” Sana staggered over to the counter of the room and took out a foam cup. “The best part is that it’s repressed!”

“Oh my God, what was her response?!” Jeongyeon followed her colleague. “Was it like a straight denial, or was she shocked?”

“She tried to laugh it off a bit, but then she did the denial!” Sana poured the dark liquid from the coffee machine. “And now I made the poor girl confused!”

 Jeongyeon’s knees weakened from the laughter, so much so that she had to kneel down on the floor. Her hand was on the counter to keep herself level, but she just kept lowering herself down to the floor. Sana wanted to join, but she needed to add the cream and the sugar. She couldn’t even pick up a stick of sugar from beside the machine because she was shaking from laughter.

“I need to get back there in a few minutes,” Sana said through steady breaths. “How’s your client?”

“Oh, Im Nayeon?” Jeongyeon scratched the back of her head. “A few weeks in, and she’s still acting like a 5 year-old. Serious accidents can do some really messed up stuff to some people.”

“Yeah, well, Ms. Hirai apparently had a really bad break up.” Sana took a gentle sip of the hot drink. “But I wouldn’t mind curing Nayeon because she’s too cute!”

“Wanna switch?” Jeongyeon asked with a smirk. “I take the free night stands and you get the baby.”

“Is she that bad?”

“Nah, I just don’t like children.”

“Well, I do.” Sana took another sip of her sweet coffee. “But I would hate to go to Chaeyoung.”

“Why?” Jeongyeon grabbed a foam cup and moved to the fridge. “She really likes you.”

“Because she’s really condescending,” Sana points out. “And mean with her sarcasm, and really pushes me more than I could handle.”

“Hey, she trusts you with that type of stuff.” Jeongyeon pours out orange juice into her glass. “I’m telling you, I remember meeting her in this one convention, and she just has this charisma.”

“Yeah, well, I don’t like it.” Sana frowned as she took another sip to finish the coffee, her eyes to the clock. “Damn, I need to head back.”

“Alright.” Jeongyeon nodded. “Dinner at your place?”

“Who else?” Sana trashed the cup in the bin beside the fridge as she strode to the door. “It can’t just be Chaeyoung- “

“Don’t worry, I’ll get my sister on board.” Jeongyeon poured another round of juice into her cup. “It’ll be fine, I’ll keep Chaeng in check.”

“Alright, then.” Sana grinned as she opened the door and looked to the blue glint on her colleague’s head. “That’s a really nice pin on your head.”

“Ah, thanks.” Jeongyeon played with the sapphire-glass wings pinned to the side of her head. “Blue helps when I'm building trust with the patients and their loved ones.”

“Yeah, yeah,” Sana said. “I remember that from school.”

“I should get you one,” Jeongyeon offered. “But later. Get back to work before Chaeng comes!”

“Yes, ma’am!”

"And no sister jokes!"

Jeongyeon groaned at the high-pitched laughter echoing in the hallway.