Bunny and the Hamster

Eclipse


The park was b with people; parents together with their children roamed around every table and stalls that were arranged perfectly for the sake of the event – Easter. 

 

A young coral haired woman wandered her eyes along the children than ran around the park, their baskets filled with colourfully designed eggs, and at the banner right above the park’s entrance arc that says, “Happy Easter.” It was a day worth celebrating, and the Moon family will be doing just that. 

 

She was about to go look through the stalls when someone called her name, “Byul!” in which she gave an immediate response to as she ran to where the voice was coming from. 

 

“Yes, mom?” Byul asked her mother, who was cradling her little brother who had a pacifier in his mouth.

 

“I’m going to go look for your grandmother. It seems that she went ahead without us again.” Mrs. Moon looked around with a worried and an ‘I can’t believe it’ look on her face. Please look after your brother, I don’t want spoiling your fun by coming with me to look for your grandma now, is it?” and Byul laughed at that. 

 

“I wouldn’t mind looking for her, mom. But yes, I got him.” As if he heard what she said, her 2 year old brother cooed and tried to reach for her, in which she obliged to by taking him from her mother, kissing his cheeks in the process. 

 

“Good. Enjoy your time, Byul. I’ll let you know when we find her.” Her mother gave her a bag filled with baby stuff and kissed her on the cheeks goodbye and went her way. Byul looked at her mother’s retreating figure before placing his attention to the little ball of sunshine in her arms. 

 

“Alright Hyunseok-ah, where shall we go first?” Byul asked her little brother in an ecstatic tone, and the little Moon relplied with a fit of murmured giggles.

 

---


Byul has walked around for a good 30 minutes, and Hyunseok got hungry in between thus the baby bottle he held in his mouth with his small hands. 

 

As Byul continued walking, she saw the centre part of the park. It had a fountain decorated with large figurine of colourful eggs, and some bunny structures on the sides. She took her phone with one hand, supporting her baby brother with the other, and backed away slowly, trying to fit the whole thing to her phone screen. 

 

She wasn’t aware of what’s behind her that she has stepped back enough to bump into someone, uh, fluffy?

 

Byul turned around immediately, both in shock and to apologize to the stranger, but what she saw next shocked her further. 

 

It was a mascot. A bunny to be exact. An Easter bunny. She didn’t know that they still did those. 

 

Byul knew she had stared long enough when the man, woman, clad in a pink and violet fluffy mascot waved at her. Byul did see her bow, doing what she was supposed to be doing a few seconds ago, to apologize. 

 

“Oh, right. I-I’m sorry,” and she gave an apologetic smile before showing the stranger her phone, “I was taking a picture.”

 

The mascot gave a nod, it’s big head bobbing up and down. Then, it saw the boy snuggled on Byul’s chest, on a baby bottle. And as per routine, it waved to him, doing funny movements when Hyunseok faced its way. 

 

Byul watched the mascot, a smile on her face, as it tried to entertain her little brother. But her smile was short lived when she saw that his faced scrunched up slowly, and soon, a wailing baby boy was heard by people nearby. 

 

Byul panicked, and she cooed Hyunseok to stop him from crying. She gave another apologetic smile to the mascot, who stood there, probably panicking as she did. 

 

Byul turned around to prevent Hyunseok from seeing the Easter bunny, and gave him his pacifier. Byul was about to give another verbal apology to the stranger when ‘she’ beat her right to it. 

 

Yes, she.

 

“I-I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to scare him. Is he okay?” Byul in a breath, the strangers’ voice was soft and sweet, and she was very pretty. Blonde hair, the mole by her brown eyes and her pink supple lips. Byul took in all the view in front of her. 

 

She had to snap herself out of her daze, and she cleared , “Uh, y-yeah. He’s fine, no harm done.” She gave her the best charming smile she could offer. 

 

“I’m really sorry. By the way, I’m Kim Yongsun.” And she, Yongsun, looked nervous after that, “Haha, uh, did I sound too interested? I’m not really quite good with people, that’s why I accepted being an Easter bunny because people won’t really have to see my face, though I think now they do because I just took off the mascot head and people would’ve seen me by now, and like I said I’m not too good with people, I even scared and made your little brother cry, and I’m rambling too... much,” the last few sentences became softer, and Yongsun looked even more nervous than she did before. 

 

Byul found it cute, to be honest. She didn’t mind Yongsun’s rambling one bit. She liked hearing that sweet voice. “No, it’s fine. I’m Moon Byul Yi.” She placed her phone in her pocket and stretched out her hand for Yongsun to take, and she did. 

 

“I’m really sorry for making your little brother cry,” Yongsun apologize one more. 

 

“Hyunseok-ah, the cute lady’s apologizing to you. Give her a smile so that she won’t feel bad anymore.” 

 

‘Cute, she thinks I’m cute.’ Yongsun thought to herself, and she felt warm at the compliment. 

 

Hyunseok, who has now finally stopped crying, looked at Yongsun with his big tear stained eyes, and smiled.  A cheeky smile showing his baby tooth. 

 

“See, all good.” Said Byul, giving Yongsun an approving look. “He just didn’t like the costume.”

 

“I see that now.” Yongsun laughed then greeted Hyunseok, ticking him in the process, “Hello Hyunseok-ah...” 

 

Byul felt her heart stop then. ‘Even her laugh is pretty.’ 

 

“He likes you now.” 

 

“I’m not good with people, mostly adults, but I do love children.” And Yonsgun cooed Hyunseok more. 

 

A little later, Byul felt her phone buzz, a text message from her mom was flashed on the screen.

 

“I have to go. My mom has found my grandmother...” Yongsun stared at her, confused. “Long story, but I’ll be back. I promise!” Byul didn’t why she promised, but she felt the need to do so, specially when it earned her another smile from Yongsun.

 

“Alright, I’ll be right here, Byul.” There was something with Moonbyul that she liked.

 

“Okay. Hyunseok, say goodbye to the pretty lady.” 

 

‘She called me pretty this time.’ Yongsun swore her ears were red.

 

“Bye bye...” Hyunseok’s words was almost incoherent but she understood, alright.

 

“Bye Hyunseok-ah...” And Yongsun did a little wave. 

 

Byul gave Yongsun a smile and she walked away. She wasn’t running, but she reached her mother in a record. 

 

“Why are you in a hurry, Byul?” her mother asked.

 

“Yes, yes. Why such hurry, Byulie.” Her grandmother added. She was about to answer when Hyunseok answered for him.

 

“Pwee l...dy” it was an attempt and Byul has never felt so proud for her little brother.

 

“There goes your answer.” Byul smiled to her family, staring at them expectantly to let her go. The two older female of the Moon looked at each other with smiles on their faces, before looking back at her.

 

“Alright, Byul.”

 

“Yes!” she yelled, a little too loud, but she didn’t care. “Bye!” and she jogged away.

 

“Let us meet the pretty lady, okay, Byul?” her mother shouted, and she shook her head while laughing, until she reached her, Yongsun. 

 

Oh, she’ll have them meet the pretty lady.

 

That’s for sure. 

 

---


I’m so out of it lately. But here’s an update xD Happy Easter everyone! Comment or message me for any prompt or AU you like and I’ll do my best to write them down. :> Enjoy~

Not edited.