Sunshine

Eclipse

Byul took deep breaths, her right hand right by the door knob, and a fruit basket on her left. She swallowed a few times before finally turning the knob ㅡ opening the door slightly and she was welcomed by walls clad in white ㅡ and the most beautiful girl in her eyes ㅡ Yongsun.

 

"Hi..." Yongsun singsong a greeting as Byul entered. She welcomed her with a smile, brighter than she's ever done before despite the tubes and wires connected all over her body.

 

"Hey, beautiful..." it pained Byul seeing her like this ㅡ so weak and fragile. Her skin pale, her lips cracked and dry, and her eyes shallow. It pained her to see Yongsun so vulnerable. "How are you feeling?"

 

Byul placed the basket on the table before going towards Yongsun's direction. It made her warm seeing Yongsun looking at her with her eyes of brown, filled only with love and happiness, and not fear, unlike what she's feeling. 

 

"Better than ever... Now that you're here..." Byul noticed the pain etching on Yongsun's face as the words left . Why does she always do that? You don't have to pretend to be strong, Byul thought. 

 

It pained her, but she laughed ㅡ then Yongsun giggled. It was soft, almost inaudible, like a whisper, but it was there ㅡ she heard it. 

 

"Come here..." Yongsun patted the space beside her, urging her to lay down. 

 

"No, you need rest. I'll just stay here."

 

"Please... I want you here..." not wanting her to waste more energy from talking, Byul inched beside her. She held Yongsun in hes arms gently, afraid that a single wrong movement will break her ㅡ and Byul didn't want that.

 

Yongsun succumbed into Byul's arms, placing her head on her chest. She heard the fast beating of Byul's heart. "You... seem more nervous than I am..."

 

She flinched. Yongsun was unaware of Byul's tears already falling. "I'm afraid... I'm not just nervous, I am terrified..." her voice cracked, and that's when Yongsun tried to look up. Giving Byul a weak but assuring smile. 

 

"Don't be... afraid..."

 

Byul tried suppressing her tears, she was both ready and not at the same time. She couldn't help but cry more. Stop crying, she needs you to be strong, she thought once more.

 

Byul heard Yongsun heave suddenly, making her hold her a little tighter. Yongsun's breathing was slowing down, and the sound from the machine were becoming softer. Yet despite it all, she still wore a smile. Happy and content.

 

"Sing me a song..." her voice gruff and dry. The usual liveliness on her tone was fleeting already. 
Byul's heart clenched just by hearing her voice, she knew she was hurting too, but there's just nothing he could do. "What song?" she sobbed, trying to pull himself together ㅡ for her.

 

"How you see me, love..." is all she said. She was getting weaker by the second.

 

Byul then looked at her like she was the most beautiful and precious thing. Her lips quivered, and her hands trembled ㅡ she hugged Yongsun, as she gently her hair. She started singing just like she asked ㅡ she was her Queen, and she'd do anything for her.

 

"You are my sunshine,

 

My only sunshine,

 

You make me happy,

 

When skies are gray..."

 

Byul then closed her eyes shut, and she felt her tears stream down her face as she did. Suddenly, she felt Yongsun hold unto her, though it was faint, she noticed as Yongsun tightens her grip. 

 

Yongsun then sang the song with her in perfect tune, despite her hollow breaths. She noted in her mind that she'd thank the heavens for meeting someone like her ㅡ someone like Byul.

 

"You never know dear...

 

How much I love you..."

 

She coughed, and Byul panicked. Her breathing became slower, and her eyes showed an emotion ready for farewell. Just a little more time, Byul begged to no one silently.

 

Byul then felt a hand covering her eyes. They were cold but was warmed by her tears. She held it, intertwining it with hers, and she looked at Yongsun with a face saying that she will be fine ㅡ though in reality, she was not ready.

 

As if Yongsun was satisfied by the assurance she showed. Yongsun's grip to their intertwined hands became loose, her breathing became slower ㅡ then it stopped. The familiar sound of the machine as it made a flat line rang through her ears.

 

Her heart dropped.

 

She looked at Yongsun's face, so peaceful, so serene. Yongsun was calm, she was beautiful even though her face was wet with tears. Byul wanted nothing in the world but her.

 

Despite being in so much pain, as she heard footsteps coming their way. She continued singing the song she requested ㅡ anything for the woman she loves.

 

The doctors came running in, checking their apparatus at hand. Byul never left her side, she refused to do so. Until they announced the time ㅡ on when her clock has stopped its tick. 

 

Though she's gone, she knew, that she was in a better place ㅡ at the same time, she wished the heavens, before the end of the day.

 

"Please don't take... 


My sunshine away..."

 

 

ㅡㅡㅡ

 

Hearing this song on the radio made me want to make a poem, and I did. Then, I realized that it'd go well with moonsun. I don't even know, but here's a oneshot~ xD