Angel (Epilogue)

Mamamoo Bonds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Fluttering

...

"She's still there..." Byul mumbled as she gathered her song lyrics and placed the stack in a folder. She gazed at the oldest through the glass from the other room, who continued on her vocal practice without any break. 

"I can't bear to watch her like this...Wheein-ssi, where did you go?.." Byul sighed, glancing at the maknae and then gazing back to the oldest. 

"Give it some time Byul, she will-" 

"It's been five months already Hyejin! Ever since we've announced about Wheein's "injury," the fans... the company... have all been asking about her wellness... How am I supposed to respond to them, when I don't even know her whereabouts?!..." Byul's questions remain unanswered as the maknae silenced herself, hearing her unnie's voice crack as each sentence is added. 

"Yongsun... she's been avoiding us ever since Wheein's disappered... It's almost Wheein's birthday this year..." 

"....."

"Hyejin Ahn...How much longer can we keep this up..." By the time Byul's tears dropped, the maknae held the tallest into her arms, allowing the tallest to finally let out the emotions she's been keeping the whole time. 

...

Wheein...Wheein!

I'm sorry unnie...I can't do anything about this...This is goodbye.

The oldest laid back from her chair, staring at the ceiling as she recalls her last time with the shortest. 

"Why...Why.. Why!" She pushed the holder containing her song lyrics out of frustration, which made a few papers scatter to the ground. The oldest sighed as she got up from her chair and began to pick up the papers on the ground. 

"Nan anya angel..." Yongsun mumbled as she read from the last paper she picked up. 

"That's right, you are not one." Yongsun turns to the maknae's voice as she enters the room. 

"But you can become one." 

"What do you mean-" 

"You can become one." After repeating herself, Hyejin then displayed her own wings. 

"Hyejin-ssi!" Yongsun was surprised by the maknae's sudden flaunt, but she was more worried about the possible prescence of the tallest. She closed the curtains, making the only glass window to see the room become covered from the others. 

"If you're worried about Byul, don't worry, she went on ahead." Hyejin stated, giving Yongsun a slight relief. 

"But Hyejin...what do you mean I can become one?...I can become just like you and Wheein?" 

"Nonsense, of course not. We are not ordinary angels, but rather guardian angels. Wheein was your guardian angel, which is why she had to leave earth when you found out about her." Hearing the maknae's words hurts her heart knowing that it was her fault for Wheein's departure, but notheless she continues to listen to the maknae. 

...

"So basically...my soul needs to be removed from my body.....are you sure you're not actually a devil trying to take my soul?" 

"Unnie!" 

"I'm kidding. This is for Wheein, of course I need to make some sacrifices." The weak smile from the oldest made the maknae a bit regretful to put her through this, but notheless, this was the only way to bring back the other maknae, and the only way for the oldest to finally meet her once more. 

"So how exactly am I going to do this?" 

"You just need to drink this before you go to sleep." Hyejin s her bag and takes out a magnet color potion, handing it to the oldest who takes it hesitantly.

"Um...you don't have a grudge on me or anything do you?...You sure you're not just trying to poison me?" 

"My fatal self would have already killed you by then if that were the case. Now come on, let me explain a bit more as we head back to the apartment." Yongsun couldn't help but to grin from the thought of meeting the other maknae once more, but deep in her heart she is also anxious of the first thing she will say the moment they meet. 

...

After separating from the maknae, Yongsun replays Hyejin's explanation in her mind.  

When you arrive there, avoiding physical contact with any angels. The spell that hides your prescence will fade and you will be immediately reported. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter