Words Don't Come Easy (2/3)

Mamamoo Bonds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Your pranks are harsh

I'm already melted in your hands.

I dance like a butterfly

to the sweet scent of honey.

 

 

Argh, my eye.

 

Wheein tried to rub off the dust that threatened to irritate her eyes. Rather than solving the case, it worsened the irritation.

"Tsk. You've already lost your voice, now you're losing your eyes? ...Come here." Wheein complied, soon standing in front of the female. Hyejin cups the latter's cheek with one hand, moving Wheein's hand with the other in order to blow a small wind in her eye. Despite Hyejin's cold tone, Wheein wanted to thank her best friend for helping her. But instead, an idea popped in her head to tease the female. It was pay back for the maknae being cheesy to her last time.

Grabbing her notepad, she began to write down her thoughts.

 

I may have lost my voice, but I'll never lose my eyes on you.

 

After displaying the note, Wheein saw the female simply turn her head, not bothering to give the latter a reaction. Wherein stared at her best friend, waiting for a response from the female. Instead, Wheein was slightly regretting what she had done due to the maknae's sudden silent treatment.

 

Did I do something wrong? ... I only wanted to .

 

Wheein shook off her thoughts and continued on her work, oblivious to the maknae who didn't know how to deal with her fluttering heart.

 

Aigoo... When did Wheein become so daring? ...She better stop taking lessons from Byul.

 

 

...

Throughout the whole day, Hyejin couldn't bring herself to look at Wheein. Even a single glance of the female instantly causes her face to flush.

On the other hand, Wheein felt lost in her mind, mostly hurt by the fact that her best friend was avoiding her on purpose. Wheein constantly tried to get the attention of the female, but no matter how much she tried, she saw Hyejin avoid her gaze.

With her busy schedule, Wheein had to stay in the company building while the rest of her members went home. She wanted to go home with her members, but the collaboration meeting with composer Jung Key was not an opportunity she could miss. Wheein drank from her water bottle before placing on her headphones, wanting to hear the demo for the song.

"Ready to hear it?" Jung Key asked, setting up the audio before glancing at the latter.

Wheein nods in response, closing her eyes as she heard the music soon blasting from her headphones. At the first parts, Wheein felt confident that once her voice comes back, she will be able to sing the beginning parts, however when it finally came to thoroughly listening to the lyrics, the latter began to resonate with the song. Thoughts of Hyejin appeared in her mind, specifically moments before they became an idol. Wheein felt that her bond with Hyejin has become slightly awkward ever since they became idols. The two would tease each other from time to time whenever the fans were present, but when it came to only just the two of them, neither females didn't know how to initiate the conversation.

"So..? What are your thoughts about this song?" Wheein removed the headphones from her ears, setting her thoughts of Hyejin aside as she wrote her reply to Jung Key.

 

This is a very lovely song.. It would be an honor to sing this song once my voice recov

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter