Three

Prince of Persuassion

“Okay. Here goes. My family is the one that has been attacking Seoul.”

“What? What do you mean?” Youngjae asked as he stared at the elder in confusion.

“I’m Chancellor Jung’s youngest son. My family is the one that has been trying to take over this kingdom. I’m the son of the enemy. I’m the most hated person on the planet. I hate my family. I hate who I’m related to. I hate what they’ve done and what they’re trying to do. When I was twelve my older brother and sister took me out on one of their scouting missions and we ended up getting separated when a Seoul patrol came through. My siblings just ran and left me behind. They left me for dead. I remember crying in the dirt with my face covered in mud and someone else’s blood. I called out to them but they didn’t hear me. Luckily Himchan found me and he was nice to me. I told him what had happened and he took me back to the training facility. He practically raised me and he taught me everything I need to know. When I turned sixteen that’s when I realized that I wanted to join the Elites. I wanted to turn away from my family like they turned away from me. I want to be better than they’ll ever be. I want to make something of myself.”

Youngjae sat there quietly for a moment before he reached out for the elder’s hand and gave it a gentle squeeze.

“I’m sorry that happened to you but I feel like it was meant to happen. Everything happens for a reason and I’m glad you told me this. Since you told me about yourself then I guess I should tell you about who I am.” Youngjae said sheepishly as he bit his lip in nervousness.

“It’s fine. You don’t have to tell me anything.” Daehyun stated as he shook his head.

“My name is Yoo Youngjae and I’m the Prince of Seoul.”

Daehyun stared at the younger with wide eyes as he stood up slowly and put his hands in his pockets and stared up at the night sky.

“All this time I’ve been sleeping in the same room as the prince of my enemy. My how the tables have turned. Why didn’t you tell me sooner?” Daehyun asked in a hurt tone.

“Himchan warned me not to. You can’t help who your family is, Daehyun. I trust you. I know you’re a good person and I know your family is too. Their actions are just bad.”

“My family killed your family and you’re so calm about it. How can you be so calm about what happened?” Daehyun questioned in shock.

“Because I know that people are depending on me like they’re depending on you. I have to put my personal feelings aside and lead all of my people to peace. I’m going to become king once all of this is over and maybe then I’ll have time to mourn my losses. I wasn’t given a chance to properly mourn my family when we were being chased by what I now assume are people hired by your family. But with all of that being said there’s still something that I want to ask you.”

“What’s that?” Daehyun mumbled as he arched his brow.

“Will you be my bodyguard?”

“No.”

And with that, Daehyun quickly walked away into the night and Youngjae didn’t see him again for quite some time.


A/N: Way to not be a jerk, Daehyun. Wonder what his problem is...well I know already but still. This will be a double update and the next chapter will be longer. Zelo will finally make his debut appearance in that one. Comments and subscribers are always welcome here. Thanks to those of you that have already voted up this story, commented, and subscribed. I appreciate the love. ^_^