One

Prince of Persuassion

The sound of footsteps running through the rain could be heard along with heavy breathing as a small group of males were running for their lives at the of midnight.

“Run! No matter what happens to us just keep running Youngjae and don’t look back!” A male with a deep voice shouted out to the young male in the front of the group.

“I won’t leave any of you behind, Yongguk!” Youngjae shouted out as he continued to run through the rain with the sound of unfamiliar shouts behind him.

Youngjae gripped his hood firmly with his hands as he continued to run. The said male glanced to his side to find his friend slash bodyguard, Jongup, running beside him firing his gun at the people that were chasing them.

Yongguk could be heard behind them telling them to just keep running to safety and he would draw the enemies away. Youngjae’s safety was all that mattered and he vowed to meet up with them again as soon as he could.

“Meet up with us after the sun rises, Yongguk! If you aren’t with us by then we’ll come back here looking for you!” Youngjae yelled out to his lifetime friend and beloved bodyguard.

Jongup put his gun away as he grabbed Youngjae’s arm and dragged them into the bushes to hide from the enemies. He placed his finger over his lips to silently tell the other to be quiet as they could hear heavy footsteps closing in on their area.

“Where could they be? They couldn’t have gotten too far.” A male stated as he waved a gun around a little too casually.

“Of course not but I’m bored already. Let’s just say they escaped and head back to the city. It’s not like they can make it out here on their own anyways. This place is nothing but one giant forest for miles. The prince won’t stand a chance out here.” A female voice whined as she slung a giant sword over her shoulder with ease.

“Fine. You owe me a drink though.” The male grumbled as the two began to head back to the city.

Jongup and Youngjae waited until the others were out of their sight before they both let out a sigh of relief and stepped out of their hiding spot.

“What do we do now, Jongup?” Youngjae whispered to the other.

Jongup pointed to the direction in front of them where he once heard about a settlement not too far from their current location.

“Right. Lead the way then.” Youngjae replied as he tagged alongside the other in silence.

Jongup had been born mute and what he lacked in verbal communication he made up in strength and skill. He was a year younger than Youngjae and had been his bodyguard for five years now. The younger was physically strong and could shoot a gun better than anyone in the whole kingdom. He was also smart and had great survival skills being able to track anything within a mile radius.

Yongguk was four years older than Youngjae and was physically strong. The man could rip a person apart with his bare hands if he wanted to but he was always more of a lover than a fighter unless he felt that Youngjae was in danger. He had been the younger’s bodyguard for the past nine years now and he always thought of him as a little brother.

The two males walked through the forest in silence staring up at the starry sky hoping that Yongguk would return to them safely.

 

 

 

 

 

The sun creeped up behind the clouds as the two males continued walking through the endless forest in silence.

Jongup suddenly stopped walking as he grabbed Youngjae by the arm and pushed them behind some trees.

“What’s wrong? What do you hear?” Youngjae asked in the quietest of voices.

Jongup just shook his head at the elder as they watched a figure appear near them.

The figure moved their long and slender fingers up to their hood before slowing slipping it off and looking around.

“Yongguk!” Youngjae cried out as he ran towards said male and threw his arms around him.

“Youngjae! You’re okay. Thank God.” Yongguk sighed out of relief as he wrapped his arms around the other.

“I’m so glad you’re okay. Did they hurt you?” Youngjae questioned as he hugged the elder even tighter.

“”Not much. I hurt them more. Where’s Jongup?” Yongguk replied as he quickly began looking around.

Jongup walked out of his hiding spot upon hearing his name being called and waved at the elder with a smile on his face.

“We have to keep moving. I know of a place where we can go to lay low for a while. I used to train at this place when I was a kid. We’ll be safe there as long as nobody recognizes you.” Yongguk informed them as he looked directly at Youngjae.

Youngjae merely nodded in response as the three of them decided to head to this training facility.

 

 

 

The three males stood in front of a gate that was built into a tall concrete wall. On top of the great wall were long wooden spikes that were meant to keep intruders out.

The large metal gate creaked open as if it had been used so many times during the years.

Inside of the wall looked exactly how a person would imagine. There were nothing but males dressed in solid black matching outfits that were running around and shouting. Other males were standing in a straight line and others were holding an assortment of different weapons. It looked more like a combat arena than a training facility.

All three males walked down the dirt sidewalk and up to a lone grey building that had iron bars covering the windows.

“What kind of place is this?” Youngjae asked the elder as they made their way inside the building.

“This is where they train the royal bodyguards or more accurately, your bodyguards. Most of these guys in here won’t even make it to graduation. Less than one percent of these guys actually make it as bodyguards and most of them don’t even guard the royal family. These guys usually get stuck doing patrols. It’s not easy trying to make it as an Elite, the name of the royal family’s personal bodyguard. I’m one of the lucky ones I guess.” Yongguk stated as he led the others up a flight of stairs and into a small office.

Inside the office stood a rather tall and lanky man with pale skin and raven colored hair. His eyes were sharp like a feline’s and he was dressed in a slim fitting black uniform.

“Yongguk. It’s nice to see you again after all this time.” The male stated in a slightly deep voice as he looked up from his paperwork.

“The feeling is mutual Himchan. Did you get my message on why we were coming?” Yongguk asked the other.

“I did. It was too risky at the time to send your carrier hawk back so we kept him here. He’s out at the stables if you want to see him. You can take your friend with you. I’d like to have a private word with our prince here.” Himchan informed them as the entioned males nodded before quickly taking their leave.

“I’m well aware of what recently happened to your family. We can keep you here but you will not get any special treatment. If you stay here then you must train here as well. You need to learn how to defend yourself because your bodyguards won’t always be around to protect you. The only rule I have is that you don’t tell anyone here who you really are. We don’t need my guys to get overly confident and end up doing something stupid. My guys are cut off from the outside world while they are training here so they don’t know what you look like. Only your name is what the people here know so I’d be careful. Each male has a roommate and that same person is also their training partner. You will not be rooming with your bodyguards and they will not be allowed to assist you in any way while you are here. If you need any help then you must rely on your roommate or try making some friends here. Do you have any questions, Youngjae?”

“I only have one question, sir. When do I meet my roommate?”

“Right now. I’ll walk you to your room since it’s dinner time. Lights out at ten. You are not allowed to leave these grounds unless you have special permission. You are also not allowed to bring any female companions into this facility or participate in any illegal recreational drugs. Alcohol is also prohibited here but if I don’t see it then I don’t care. Cigarettes are allowed here in moderation. You get only two uniforms during your stay here so if you happen to ruin them both then you’ll have to steal someone’s or walk around . A schedule of your daily activities will be posted on your door in the morning. We do give free time twice a week and you may do as you please during that time. This place will certainly be Hell for you since all that luxury you had at the palace. Welcome to Hell.”

 

 

 

Himchan led Youngjae to a dark brown metal door. He gave the younger a keycard and nodded to him before walking away.

Youngjae let out a sigh as he swiped the card into the slot and heard a click sound. He grabbed the handle and slowly opened the door.

The room was dark as he flipped the light switch on to reveal a plain looking room. Two twin beds with black blankets were propped up in each corner with a black end table beside each one. The walls were a solid light grey and a small window was situated directly in between both beds. A wooden dresser stood at the end of both beds and wooden chairs sat across from them.

On one side of the room was a small pile of what looked like clothes and the bed looked like it had recently been used.

Youngjae let out a small sigh as he threw himself onto the unoccupied bed and closed his eyes letting his thoughts consume him.

The sound of the door opening and closing could be heard followed by the quick shuffling of feet.

Youngjae slowly rose up to greet the intruder and couldn’t help but stare at the male that was directly across from him.

The male was dressed in a slim fitting black wifebeater with black cargo pants and black combat boots. Said male had light sun kissed skin with black hair, dark brown eyes, and thick lips. He also had muscles and a piercing stare as he looked at Youngjae.

“Hello. My name is Y-Jae. I guess we’re roommates now. What’s your name?” Youngjae asked the attractive male.

“Jung Daehyun. I don’t need another roommate and I’m not looking to be friends with you. I’m here to train and graduate. You’ll just be in my way so don’t bother talking to me. It’s a waste of time.” Daehyun replied in an irritated voice.

“I’m sorry. Do you want to talk about it?” Youngjae whispered to the other.

“What? No. Didn’t you just hear what I just said?” Daehyun asked in bewilderment.

“I did but it’s not healthy to keep your feelings bottled up. I may not look like it but I’m actually a really good listener.”

“Like I would spill my life story to a complete stranger. Just leave me alone.” Daehyun grumbled as he kicked off his boots and crawled into his bed.

“Okay but if you ever want to talk then just know that I’m here for you.” Youngjae sang.

“Why do I always get stuck with the crazy people?” Daehyun asked himself as he rolled over in bed away from the other.

Youngjae just smiled to himself as his mind began to make up stories about Daehyun’s life. It was at that moment that he almost forgot who he was and where he came from. Almost.


A/N: I wrote quite a bit for this chapter. This story won't be that long only a few chapters but I hope you all enjoy it. Comments and subscribers are always welcome here. Thank you. ^_^