Two

Prince of Persuassion

Two weeks had passed by since the young prince joined up with the trainees. It had also been two weeks since Daehyun had put up with his new annoying partner and roommate whose history was a complete secret.

 

 

 

“Are you going to tell me anytime soon?” Youngjae asked Daehyun as they walked to their shared room.

“No. Stop asking me. Go bother someone else.” Daehyun grumbled as he wiped the sweat off his forehead with the back of his hand.

“But everyone else is busy. You’re the only one I can talk to right now.” Youngjae pouted and whined like a child.

“What are you like five years old? I don’t understand why I got stuck with a whiny and spoiled brat like you. The world doesn’t revolve around you Jae. Grow the heck up and stop butting into other people’s business.” Daehyun hissed as he walked quickly back to his room.

Youngjae stopped dead in his tracks as he processed what the elder had said to him. Was he really that much of a bother to people? Was trying to be on a personal level with his people such a bad thing?

The prince felt liquid on his cheeks as he ran off to a secluded part of the training facility.

 

 

 

It was nighttime when Yongguk and Jongup found Youngjae sitting on a lone bench propped up against the wall.

“Do you want to talk about it?” Yongguk questioned as he sat down beside the younger.

“Am I a bother to people?” Youngjae mumbled as he wiped away his tears with his hand.

“Of course not. You’re kind to everyone and you always look out for us. I remember when I got sick and you took care of me. You wouldn’t let anyone cook for me because you wanted to be the only one taking care of me. Or that time when Jongup twisted his ankle and you carried him on your back all the way to the infirmary. You always have the best intentions at heart and that’s why you are loved by so many people.”

“You’re not just saying that, are you?” Youngjae sniffled as he looked at the elder.

Jongup placed a hand on Youngjae’s shoulder and just nodded.

“Thanks guys. You may be my bodyguards but you’re definitely more like brothers to me.” Youngjae spoke softly as he weakly smiled at the two.

 

 

 

Daehyun sat on the edge of his bed looking down at the floor as Himchan continued to speak to him.

“I know it’s difficult for you right now but give him a chance. You know I don’t tolerate foul behavior at this facility. You have the potential to become an Elite and that is the greatest honor that one can have. Don’t screw this up for yourself just because you have a foul attitude.” Himchan warned the younger.

“What am I supposed to do then? None of this is easy for me, Himchan. You’re the only one here who knows about my past.” Daehyun mumbled.

“Of course, I know about it but I still trusted you. I still trust you and I know you’ll do whatever it takes to accomplish your goals. Don’t let your past get in the way of your future. You can make it far in life. You have talent kid and it shouldn’t be wasted on the sidelines.”

“What about my brother and sister? What am I going to do about them?” Daehyun hesitantly asked.

I can’t answer that. Only you can answer that question. They left you for dead, Daehyun. It seems like they don’t care about you. They haven’t even tried to come and find you. You know that you are always safe here and I believe that your place is with us. So fight with us, Daehyun.” Himchan stated as he extended his hand towards the younger.

“Okay. I’ll join you guys. I’ll fight for what’s right.” Daehyun said as he shook Himchan’s hand.

“Excellent. One more thing though. It’s better to make friends than enemies. Just remember that.” Himchan said as he swiftly walked away closing the door behind him.

Daehyun stared at the door as he bit his lip in thought. Maybe he had been a bit too harsh on his new roommate since he arrived. Jae knew nothing about Daehyun’s past or his family history and it wasn’t fair to take his frustrations out on someone that had nothing to do with it. Jae played no part in this and maybe an apology to the younger would help make things right between the two.

 

 

 

Daehyun walked all over the facility grounds before he finally spotted his roommate sitting in between two other people on a bench. He let out a nervous sigh as he slowly approached the three males.

“Jae, can I talk to you?” Daehyun asked as he purposely ignored the other two males sitting beside him.

“S-sure.” Youngjae replied nervously as he nodded to his bodyguards.

Yongguk and Jongup said nothing as they rose from their seats and walked off to a hiding spot where they could keep an eye on the two. Something seemed off about Daehyun from the start. That much Yongguk could tell and he was determined to find out what it was.

“I’m not good at these things so I’ll just say it. I’m sorry.” Daehyun blurted out as soon as he sat down beside the prince.

“It’s okay. I know all of this training probably has you under a lot of stress right now.” Youngjae calmly replied.

“That’s not it. It’s just that I’m having some trouble letting go of my past. I don’t know how to let it go.” Daehyun admitted as he hung his head in shame.

“It’s alright, Daehyun. You don’t have to talk about it if you don’t want to. I won’t ask you about it.” Youngjae whispered as he patted the elder on the shoulder.

“No. I need to tell someone about it. The only one that knows is Himchan. I think I need to talk about it but you will probably hate me when I tell you.” Daehyun whispered so quietly as he looked into Youngjae’s eyes.

“It’s okay. I promise I won’t hate you.” Youngjae encouraged as he gave the elder a small smile.

“Okay. Here goes nothing. My family is the one that has been attacking Seoul.”


A/N: CLIFF HANGER!! Hmm....kind of looks like Daehyun is the enemy here. Comments and subscribers are always welcome here. I hope everyone had a very wonderful Christmas and I hope you all have a great new year as well. Thank you to those of you that have commented, subscribed, and voted up this story. I appreciate all of the love. Thank you again. ^_^