Twin Bed

sound out - drabble collection

The bed is small enough to begin with, so it’s even smaller now that Nayoung’s sharing it with Jieqiong. The younger woman has a habit of crawling into her bed just before she falls asleep, and there’s no way Nayoung could say no when Jieqiong asks if she can sleep with her (especially when Jieqiong’s giving her those puppy eyes and that pout).

That's often how they end up squished on Nayoung’s twin bed after a day full of schedules.

Nayoung heads for the bathroom as soon as they get back to the dorm. Showering quickly before she puts on her pajamas and flops onto her bed. She’s bundled up in her blankets, half asleep when she feels her covers being lifted, and soon a cold body’s pressed against hers.

“Jieqiong,” Nayoung whines, trying to move away from the cold. “You’re freezing.”

“I have you to warm me up.” Jieqiong circles her arms around Nayoung’s waist, nuzzling her face against the latter’s shoulder.

All she gets in reply is a small grunt as Nayoung slides her arms on top of Jieqiong’s, smiling when she feels her intertwining their fingers. “You know, I think you’re just using me for my heat.”

“I can’t help it that you’re always so hot.” Jieqiong’s grinning now, tangling their legs together, which makes a whine leave Nayoung’s lips.

-

Jieqiong’s leaving lazy kisses across Nayoung’s shoulder and back, her fingers drawing random patterns on the elder’s stomach.

Jieqiong’s ministrations make Nayoung’s eyelids feel heavy, and Nayoung can’t help but fall asleep while JIeqiong tells her about her phone call with Eunwoo earlier that day. All Nayoung hears is something about pajama pants, pineapples and birthday cakes, and maybe something about a joint birthday and Christmas party.

It’s when Nayoung rolls over, kneeing Jieqiong as she wraps her arms around Jieqiong’s waist, her head resting on the younger woman’s chest that she thinks she hears Jieqiong let out a soft yelp, accompanied by an equally soft, “Ow.”

“Nayoung unnie, you just kneed me.” Jieqiong says in a hushed voice, running her fingers through the sleepy woman’s hair.

 “I do need you, Jieqiong.” Nayoung mumbles sleepily, tightening her arms around Jieqiong, nuzzling closer to the warmth.

Jieqiong can’t help but squeal, a giant smile forming on her face because how can Im Nayoung be so cute? She showers Nayoung’s face with soft kisses, trying her best not to wake her.

Nayoung’s bed is small. It’s even smaller now that Jieqiong’s in it too, but she doesn’t mind.