Ink

sound out - drabble collection

Minkyung’s used to having her arm covered in ink. It’s normally something floral, or a bunch of intricate designs scattered along her arms. They’re all beautiful and Minkyung can’t help but sit there and smile as she watches the little lines appear on her arms.

She’s not super artistic like her soulmate. Minkyung’s super forgetful, so she scribbles down all the places she’s supposed to be at instead.

-

Nayoung tries not to draw on her palm or the backside of her hand. She tries not to cover the places and times that her soulmate has written there. Sometimes it’s things like café with Yebin, practice at 3, or dentist on Friday. Nayoung’s not sure who Yebin is, but she knows her soulmate likes to go to coffee shops and cafés often.

There are so many coffee shops and cafés in the city, and Nayoung’s tried several times to figure out which one she’d find her soulmate at.

-

Nayoung’s seated at a table by the window, doodling on her arm as she waits for Jieqiong to get there. She looks up from her ink covered arm each time the door opens, only to turn her attention back to her drawing when it’s not the Chinese girl.

It’s around the fourth time the door opens that something catches her attention. Two girls walk into the café, and Nayoung thinks she sees familiar ink on the taller girl’s arm. They’re standing in line now, the shorter girl’s laughing at something the taller girl said. Nayoung fumbles for her pen as she quickly rolls up her sleeve to scribble something on the empty space by her elbow. She looks between her arm and the girl in line, watching as ink slowly fills the once empty space.

-

Yebin’s about to ask Minkyung what she should order when she notices the ink quickly spreading across Minkyung's skin. She almost yells when she sees ‘found you’ written on the back of Minkyung’s hand.  

The two girls frantically look around the café. Minkyung sees a girl seated by the window with matching ink on her arm and smile on her face.

She leaves Yebin in line and makes her way towards Nayoung’s table.

“Hey soulmate,” Minkyung says, smiling as she slides into the seat across from Nayoung. 

-

a/n: sorry it's been a while. i wanted to try out a soulmate au and this happened. i hope you liked it!