Of Hand Holding and Cookie Dough

sound out - drabble collection

Yebin spends most of her time with Minkyung. After school? With Minkyung. After practice? With Minkyung. On the weekends? With Minkyung. So it’s not strange that Yebin also tags along when Minkyung’s mom drags her to the supermarket.

Minkyung and Yebin’s fingers are intertwined as they follow Minkyung’s mom down the aisles, arguing over what snacks they should get.

“The ice cream’s on sale though. You know cookie dough’s my favorite!”

"Yeah, but we got ice cream last time and we ran out of chips since you ate them all." 

"Okay, but you know barbecue's my favorite too." 

“Then why can’t we get th-”

“Girls,” Minkyung’s mom cuts them off. They stop arguing and turn their attention to her; Yebin’s hoping she’ll say they could get whatever snacks they want. “Can you link arms instead?”

Minkyung and Yebin look at each other in confusion before looking down at their hands. They’re holding hands like they always do, but this time Minkyung’s mom noticed that people are staring.

“You’re getting funny looks, people are going to think you’re gay.”

A slight frown finds its way onto Yebin's face, and as she's about to pull her hand away from Minkyung's, she sees the older girl kneeling in front of her.

Minkyung takes the ring off her index finger as she smiles up at Yebin, "Marry me?" 

The rest of the people int he aisle were definitely staring now, including Minkyung's mom, who was equally, if not more surprised than Yebin. 

The shorter girl's lips curl upwards into a grin, "Only if we can get cookie dough this time." Minkyung rolls her eyes, smiling as she slips the ring onto Yebin's finger. 

"We'll be in the ice cream aisle if you need us." Minkyung's tugging Yebin towards the freezer section, their fingers intertwined with the biggest smile on the younger girl's face. 

-

a/n: I had an idea and it turned into this. I don't think it turned out quite like how I thought it would. Oops. Thanks for reading!