Showers

sound out - drabble collection

First it was Chungha. Then it was Doyeon. Yoojung and Somi noticed too, but it wasn’t until Chaeyeon dropped by that someone finally asked why Jieqiong was sitting outside the bathroom.

“I’m waiting for Nayoung unnie.” Is all Jieqiong says before she goes back to playing on her phone, her lower lip jutted out into a pout.

Chaeyeon raises a brow, turning to the other members for answers.

“She wanted to shower with Nayoung, and she said no.” Chaeyeon’s attention turns from Chungha to Jieqiong.

-

“I’m going to shower.” Nayoung drops her bag off in her room, grabbing her towel before she heads to the bathroom.

“Mind if I join?” Jieqiong rushes to do the same, fumbling over herself as she slips off her jeans on her way to the bathroom.

“Yes. That’s why I always lock the door.” Is all Nayoung says as she shuts the door in Jieqiong’s face. The younger woman’s brows furrowing even further when she hears the door lock.

-

Chungha is explaining to Chaeyeon while Doyeon imitates Jieqiong’s face when Nayoung slammed the door on her. Jieqiong just glares at them.

 “I just wanted to shower with her. She didn’t need to lock me out.” Jieqiong’s eyes then widen as she turns to the bathroom door, cupping her hands around as she sings, “YOU DIDN’T HAVE TO SHUT ME OUT.” The girls just roll their eyes and laugh, Jieqiong thinks she heard someone let out a groan and tell her she got the lyrics wrong, but she could care less.

It takes another three songs before Nayoung emerges from the bathroom. Jieqiong nearly falling into her when she opens the door.

“Have you been sitting out here the whole time?” Nayoung glances down at her as she dries her hair with a towel.

“Yeah. I can’t believe you locked me out!” Jieqiong tries her best to be upset, but it’s hard when Nayoung’s wrapped in a towel right in front of her. And wow, Nayoung’s legs are so long and slim, and her hips, and anyways – “We could’ve saved water! Saving time, and the environment and everything.”

“Jieqiong, how many times do I have to tell you that us showering together doesn’t save dolphins?” Nayoung steps around Jieqiong, making her way to her room. “Plus, if we showered together, we’d be in there much longer and use more water.” Jieqiong thinks she sees a small smirk tug at the corners of Nayoung’s lips.

Jieqiong’s fumbling again, trailing after Nayoung as the members in the living room just stare at her. Chungha laughs, Somi’s shouting and making obscene hand gestures, Yoojung and Doyeon’s are gaping at each other because did Nayoung just flirt? Chaeyeon just shakes her head, wondering why she decided to visit today of all days.